Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Jimmy Page doesn't have any definite enneagram type listed on the internet, his is all over the board. It depends on what site you go to.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

Blood of the Exile Array Animal's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

If you don't have a point to make that is relevant to enneagram, we're done.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se
    Likes Boogie man liked this post

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    MBTI
    inxp
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

350 million people suffer from depression worldwide, if those statistics even count the whole of it.

I can see a connection between being an E4 and facing depression. I'm an E4 who has had depression, and I don't see any shame in it. Maybe there's something wrong with people who never experience depression. Look around at the world and what do you feel if you have even a dim level of consciousness about what happens?
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    "Being a 4 doesn't mean you will be depressed." I didn't say that.

Ever heard of levels of development?

If you don't like the enneagram because of "stereotypes," then create a thread about enneagram stereotypes and leave true critical thinkers alone.

I was writing enneagram articles before most of you were born. I could cite myself in an enneagram journal article if I wanted to.
    Type 4 is linked to depression at level 7.
    Type 7 is linked to depression at a lower stage - at level 9.
    But the type most notorious for being depressed is the 4, and depression is just one of many reasons for it being the hardest type to be.
    You are extremely unclear in your delivery, and it's a persistent pattern I and others have seen with your communication. You did not bother to clear up your wording. If you mean depressed in the context of sad, then that is fairly valid. However depressed as in clinical depression is something that, as I said in my previous post that you did not reply to, is a murkey point that can't be made.

Continue to press this honestly comes across as trolling given how haughty and persistent your being with it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes Animal liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    You are extremely unclear in your delivery, and it's a persistent pattern I and others have seen with your communication. You did not bother to clear up your wording. If you mean depressed in the context of sad, then that is fairly valid. However depressed as in clinical depression is something that, as I said in my previous post that you did not reply to, is a murkey point that can't be made.

Continue to press this honestly comes across as trolling given how haughty and persistent your being with it.
    Ask the enneagram people what they mean by "depressed."

Also, find out what "your" means.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    350 million people suffer from depression worldwide, if those statistics even count the whole of it.

I can see a connection between being an E4 and facing depression. I'm an E4 who has had depression, and I don't see any shame in it. Maybe there's something wrong with people who never experience depression. Look around at the world and what do you feel if you have even a dim level of consciousness about what happens?
    "The world around you" consists mainly of news stories. These stories are only a narrative about reality spread by the news media. These stories aren't always negative either.

There is a 'chicken and egg' problem here, though. Do these stories make you depressed? Or does the depression make you focus only on the negatives and feed the depression?

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    MBTI
    inxp
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    "The world around you" consists mainly of news stories. These stories are only a narrative about reality spread by the news media. These stories aren't always negative either.

There is a 'chicken and egg' problem here, though. Do these stories make you depressed? Or does the depression make you focus only on the negatives and feed the depression?
    I avoid watching the news, but do hear about it incidentally and yes, it is saddening. I'm thinking more about the individual people I know personally and how painful their lives are. I recently found out about something a friend experienced earlier this month that is so horrific that it has shaken my sense of reality, and I thought i was already calibrated to know about horrible things. To live is to suffer for many people.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Either 4 5 or 9. I'd say. Withdrawn types have it bad.
    Yep, totally agree. I'm 548 and thus double withdrawn on everything anyone is likely to be interested in, and when I do get fired up about something I tread on people and come across as angry, because of the 8 being the gut / passion side. Crap. Did I mention being sx as well?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rambling View Post
    Yep, totally agree. I'm 548 and thus double withdrawn on everything anyone is likely to be interested in, and when I do get fired up about something I tread on people and come across as angry, because of the 8 being the gut / passion side. Crap. Did I mention being sx as well?
    I'm 549, and I don't think it's THAT bad. Getting anything practical done is difficult, though, as is exerting oneself in the face of ongoing conflict.

As far as which etype has it worse, I think each is suffers in its own way. Having attended narrative tradition enneagram type panels (which I highly recommend), I often find the 1s, 3s, and 8s particularly heart wrenching. When one sees the pain that such tough-seeming people experience internally, it gives one a whole new perspective. The 8s in particular are marshmallows on the inside... seeing that is always very affecting.
    Likes PeaceBaby, SearchingforPeace liked this post

mine
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast