an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    If you want to use single words and attribute them to types, self-doubt would be more "6" and impossible standards would be more "1." Neither of those would be 4 specific. Of course, types are beyond one-word phrases, but if you're going to use them, at least attribute them to the right types.
    1 has very high standards.

It's 4 that has impossible standards for everything and everyone. Idealists after all.

I didn't mean to use single words to describe. I was talking from my own experience.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    1 has very high standards.

It's 4 that has impossible standards for everything and everyone. Idealists after all.
    Impossible standards for everything and everyone is more 1ish. 4s are withdrawn and mostly focused on themselves; and wanting to embody their own ideals. It's an image type and a withdrawn type, not an others-focused type.

I didn't mean to use single words to describe. I was talking from my own experience.
    Yeah I get you there.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se
    Likes Boogie man liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    "In the same vein, a 2002 study published in the Journal of Psychiatric Research found 74% of introverts made up the depression population. And a perfectionist personality has too been linked to depression and anxiety."
    Am I Depressed? The Types Of People More Prone To Depression

- - - Updated - - -
    A study based on the MBTI. I hope you are joking.

You have no sources. Try again with some sources.
    No. Read what I said. Think. Reason for yourself. Make your own conclusions. Own your own world. Don't look at others to save your ass from responsibility. Your resources don't excuse your impact on the Enneagram community. Stop poisoning critical thinking. You are only hindering your own growth.
    Likes Animal liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie man View Post
    A study based on the MBTI. I hope you are joking.

No. Read what I said. Think. Reason for yourself. Make your own conclusions. Own your own world. Don't look at others to save your ass from responsibility. Your resources don't excuse your impact on the Enneagram community. Stop poisoning critical thinking. You are only hindering your own growth.
    I'm great at critical thinking. However, you haven't done anything more than assert opinions. Assertions are not critical thinking. They are assertions.

Here's what matters. Not your opinions, but the facts. And the fact is that the Enneagram links type 4 to depression, whether I say so or not. If it's stereotyping, that stereotype has existed for decades, since before you were born. And there's nothing you can do about it.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I'm great at critical thinking. However, you haven't done anything more than assert opinions. Assertions are not critical thinking. They are assertions.

Here's what matters. Not your opinions, but the facts. And the fact is that the Enneagram links type 4 to depression, whether I say so or not. If it's stereotyping, that stereotype has existed for decades, since before you were born. And there's nothing you can do about it.
    Fact is that none of your resources can prove their assertions. This tells me that you are not good at critical thinking at all.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Fact is that none of your resources can prove their assertions. This tells me that you are not good at critical thinking at all.
    You have no resources, just opinion.

The enneagram has linked type 4 to depression since before you were born. My critical thinking ability has nothing to do with it, "Wicked Human Being."
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

"Wicked Human Being."
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se
    Likes Boogie man liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

@Mal12345 @Boogie man Being a 4 doesn't mean you will be depressed. Further, being depressed (i.e. mentally ill) skews personality from the baseline of who a person is, and is thus more likely to mistype. Due to what 4's are about, a depressed person has a higher chance of mistyping as a 4.

I don't recall seeing any explicit studies on the association of enneagram types and mental illnesses, but I would be surprised if there were any statistically relevant correlations. Further, if it would be reliably possible to tease apart the warped thinking associated with mental illnesses and core personality.

I could see 4's have a higher grouping of individuals with depression. Depression as a guiding tool for determining one's enneagram type however, is not useful and shouldn't be used, so it really isn't a factor. Most of the negative health levels for all enneagram types suggest suffering from depression, and as such depression when it is used in enneagram is broad and not very type specific.

Ultimately, this is a rather wasteful discussion to try and draw explicit lines between mental illnesses and enneagram or mbti types since it's factually a moot/broad/murky point, and it largely only increases negative stereotypes.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Boogie man, Animal liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

You have no resources, just opinion.

The enneagram has linked type 4 to depression since before you were born. My critical thinking ability has nothing to do with it, "Wicked Human Being."
    You are putting blind faith into your resources. An example of critical thinking would be to not do this, and to instead scrutinize the Enneagram. Nothing is holy, and the least of all your precious "resources". You are using them as nothing but an excuse not to think further, not to dig deeper. Stop cowering behind them.

I have my opinion, but you have nothing.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

You are putting blind faith into your resources. An example of critical thinking would be to not do this, and to instead scrutinize the Enneagram. Nothing is holy, and the least of all your precious "resources". You are using them as nothing but an excuse not to think further, not to dig deeper. Stop cowering behind them.

I have my opinion, but you have nothing.
    You are putting blind faith in your lack of critical thinking.