• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know that this is entirely subjective, but I would say that enneagram 3 is the easiest type to be. They are success-oriented, efficient, and they tend to be socially adept. I do not think that being an enneagram 1 is an easy enneagram type to be. Yes, they may be organized and hardworking - but on the inside it is hard. The expectation for yourself is very high if you are a One. Ones tend to be sensitive to criticism but they tend to have no issues giving it out.
My ranking of how easy it is to be each enneagram type (1 being the easiest and 9 being the hardest)
1. Three (success-oriented, socially adept, type-A nature - this is highly praised in society)
2. Eight (also very goal-oriented and tends to take on leadership readily - also highly praised)
3. Seven (their free-spirited nature makes them well-liked amongst many)
4. One (hardworking and organized - but they may seem anal-retentive and judgemental to others)
5. Two (well-liked for being helpful, but they may have problems taking care of themselves)
6. Nine (generally well-liked for being easygoing)
7. Five (very smart but may struggle socially)
8. Six (loyal and hardworking - but also very anxious)
9. Four (Very sensitive)

anNE_cognito

MBTI Type
NeNe
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’m gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there, Opal Star. I’m a three, and it is most definitely not an easy type to be. I try so hard to be what everyone else wants that I don’t even know who I truly am sometimes.

mooncakes

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
The consensus seems to be that 4s have it the hardest but honestly, being a 4 seems like a piece of cake from my perspective. Being a phobic NF 6 is hell; you don't know what you want, you're plain, you're boring, a coward, you feel ugly, everything scares you, you feel like you're on a one-way trip to oblivion every consecutive day. You go through a mid-life crisis by the time you reach puberty. Unlike 4s, we don't like feeling this way. We don't make classic indie albums or pretty art house films out of our suffering, we fear it and don't know what to do with it.

Of course, all types can be insecure and indecisive, but for 6s, that's what average level looks like. Every other type at average level is either likeable, interesting or feels good about themselves (even if it's detrimental), whereas average 6s are just passive-aggressive neurotic plain janes who life life in fear 24/7.

Heres how the other types at average health compare:

1 - Decisive, they know exactly what they want and how they want to live their lives.

2 - Positive outlook. They're charitable, have great social skills and people like them.

3 - They enjoy hard work, thus achieve status easily. Everyone envies them, they get all the ho's, they're focused. Not a single day goes by where their ego isn't stroked. They're great, and they know it. I doubt their farts even smell bad.

4 - Sure, they torture themselves with emotion, but this feels good to them. It gives them a sense of purpose, it makes them feel unique. With 6s its just pure, inescapable dread that you just wish would end. They're also creative, unique and stand out, and never put a filter on their imagination. We're plain janes compared to them.

Having an identity and a solid perception of who you are>>>>>>>Being a boring confused mess

5 - They're intellegent and decisive

7 - They're positive-outlook, assertive, confident and they're always having fun without fear. They never dwell on anything. They contribute energy to a group dynamic.

8 - They're assertive, aggressive and confident.

9 - Positive outlook. People like them and they never worry about anything.

There's literally no positive twist you can give to being an average-level phobic NF 6, we pretty much have to be at extremely healthy levels to enjoy our lives and stand out as people. We're the guys rappers are reffering to when they talk about "b-tch n-ggas". Being an NT or SJ 6 is probably alright in comparison. I'm sure some people "like" us, but we're too insecure to even see that or accept it for what it is (the same goes for any positive trait or talent that we may have), and that's why I say it's a sh-tty existence.
I personally wanna be a 6 they seem good at handling things and people don’t seem to mind their wish for security. They also are better with people and helping them specially giving advice. Maybe it seems like 4s we want to be emotional but really we want to be productive, and to stop lingering in our emotions. And if we are in a bad state it’s so hard to be better. For me being a 4 is constant hell I care too much about how I look and if my life is not living up to my ideal.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I personally wanna be a 6 they seem good at handling things and people don’t seem to mind their wish for security. They also are better with people and helping them specially giving advice. Maybe it seems like 4s we want to be emotional but really we want to be productive, and to stop lingering in our emotions. And if we are in a bad state it’s so hard to be better. For me being a 4 is constant hell I care too much about how I look and if my life is not living up to my ideal.
Being an INFP/FiNe would be a major detriment there. (That's what type you are)

Caring a lot about your looks seems weird for both 4 and INFP. Idealism certainly fits though.

INFP is a hard type to be. Probably even harder than INFJ, since INFJ at least has strong independence. (And thus can remain unaffected by the juxtaposition of their way with that of society)

It's worrying that you have a desire for modulating to Te. You SHOULD focus on your emotions.

Proper handling of emotions might not be classical productivity, but it's a lot more conducive to good outcomes in general if Fi is the main priority.

There's no shame in being emotional, unless the emotions are toxic (which applies to all functions) or otherwise unhealthy.

You don't NEED to be productive. That's just the prevailing Te+Si paradigm getting to you.