Thread: The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    The Six plight is typical and familiar like a bowl of cheerios in the morning, but the 4 experience just seems like this rich blend of blue, red, purple, fuschia, magenta, whatever, even if the 4's lived their entire lives in the middle of Iowa.
    As a 4, my first thought was one problem the rainbow has and cheerios don't: it's not edible.

But of course, the grass will always seem greener.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Type 8 comes to mind. Numbed out yet sensitive and reactive, can be monstrous yet searching for innocence, distrustful yet needing a solid pillar. Complex mix.

MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    Type 8 comes to mind. Numbed out yet sensitive and reactive, can be monstrous yet searching for innocence, distrustful yet needing a solid pillar. Complex mix.
    Don't know about 8s being distrustful. That sounds more like a counterphobic 6 to me. I'd imagine 8s can be very trusting under some circumstances.

I think sexual subtypes in general have things the hardest. The sexual instinct is somewhat opposed to many of our societies today. Social instinct will make structures, self-preservation won't change them - I imagine sexuals are the most likely to feel an intensely anti-authority attitude, which will give a feeling of trapped-ness.

But I'm a little confused still, on how instincts work.

Senior Member Array RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Psyclepath View Post
    Don't know about 8s being distrustful. That sounds more like a counterphobic 6 to me. I'd imagine 8s can be very trusting under some circumstances.

I think sexual subtypes in general have things the hardest. The sexual instinct is somewhat opposed to many of our societies today. Social instinct will make structures, self-preservation won't change them - I imagine sexuals are the most likely to feel an intensely anti-authority attitude, which will give a feeling of trapped-ness.

But I'm a little confused still, on how instincts work.
    Sexual subtype can also be much more willing to express themselves, thus, having more interpersonal freedom. What do you wish to know about instincts ?
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Likes Psyclepath, MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by RedAmazoneFriendZone View Post
    Sexual subtype can also be much more willing to express themselves, thus, having more interpersonal freedom. What do you wish to know about instincts ?
    Can you respond to me in a PM please?

How they manifest in different types. I suspect I'm 5w4 (could be wrong on the wing) sp/sx. I don't relate to the vast majority of sx descriptions however, because they seem oriented around id-types (not to mention Se PoLR makes one absolutely terrible at being assertive). I imagine a 5 will express it very differently.

Then there's a bit of a confusion around the sexual-social barriers - what separates the two? I've no doubt that sexuals may camouflage themselves as socials - if to do so would be the easiest way to create the desired intimacy. Could socials camouflage as sexuals? How would their interactions differ?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Not sure in life, but within the Enneagram community I think all variations of the positive triad (279) have it hardest. Especially 7s. They're treated as though they're thought process is inherently wrong. I remember reading a post on tumblr (not the greatest place to discuss things, I know) that was just paragraphs of "Sevens are weak", like holy shit.

In terms of instinctual variants, I agree that sexual doms have it pretty bad. Personally I think sx/sp have it a smidgen worse than sx/so, though.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Can you respond to me in a PM please?

How they manifest in different types. I suspect I'm 5w4 (could be wrong on the wing) sp/sx. I don't relate to the vast majority of sx descriptions however, because they seem oriented around id-types (not to mention Se PoLR makes one absolutely terrible at being assertive). I imagine a 5 will express it very differently.

Then there's a bit of a confusion around the sexual-social barriers - what separates the two? I've no doubt that sexuals may camouflage themselves as socials - if to do so would be the easiest way to create the desired intimacy. Could socials camouflage as sexuals? How would their interactions differ?

Sure Do you want some kind of...sexual (subtype) answer

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I've no doubt that sexuals may camouflage themselves as socials - if to do so would be the easiest way to create the desired intimacy. Could socials camouflage as sexuals? How would their interactions differ?
    NO. I'll explain you now in PM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Type 4 is the hardest type to be in the enneagram. Depression is a terrible thing.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

Either 4 5 or 9. I'd say. Withdrawn types have it bad.
    In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. - John Muir

Founder of Serious Level

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast