User Tag List

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ^ You have an intense focus on the concept of the "other"... you other-ize situations... you idealize the other... you focus on about how the other is not you... you empathize with the other... you degrade the self... you imagine - imagine, image - what life would look like through the perspective of another... other, image, feelings...

Are you sure you're not a 4?

I'm sorry if you feel like I'm harping on you but it just aggravates me how you paint 6 as shit all the time. I don't even understand all the stuff you say about it because as a 6 I don't think much about being boring or cookie-cutter or Cheerios or whatever. Shit, I like Cheerios. But I am reactive and defensive and I am reacting and defending in true type fashion!
    I think I'm just bitchy and immature, and we probably have different Heart-fixes. I've seen a few young phobic Sixes on Perc have a similar reaction, and I'm sure Hitler hated himself for not being a Blond Aryan.

I am always feeling like I've gotten a shit hand in practically everything, but I can't say I base my identity on it. I didn't even think about being seen as emotional or sensitive a year ago.

The Dark Lord Array The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Your mom sounds like a core 1 from the way you describe her.
    She talks a lot about achievement and how important it is…
    I think she is core one with a strong 3 fix.

Looking closely at my step-father, I believe he is CP 6w5 with a strong 8w7 fix…or vise-versa…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Senior Member Array RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I doubt their farts even smell bad.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar

That totally depends on environment and circumstances.

Likes Hard liked this post

Senior Member Array ThaumaturgicTheorist's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    So I decided to sit and think about what it would be like to be an accurately typed Four, and reading all of your lifelong habits in a description. I imagine it'd be embarrassing for an entranced 27 year old Four to realize that they've lived their entire lives trying to be a dark-haired Elizabethan Princess and dramatizing every little event in their uneventful lives; sacrificing their relationships, careers, health and stability to latch onto them. They may realize that their doodles aren't very good (I can see how that may come off as condescending, and for that, I apologize) , their lives are stale and uneventful, and their emotions aren't as real, significant or intense as they think they are.

All this, I'd imagine feels embarrassing or revealing from a Four-standpoint, but from a Fi-perspective, there's something so noble and beautiful about the 4's life narrative (at least in the way they describe it and experience it) that just seems so rewarding and exciting emotionally. Just the idea of finding yourself and existing separate from the Generalized other is so much more arousing than clinging to or rebelling against groups to some extent your entire life. The 4 goes where her takes her in every facet of life, while the Six to some extent lives a life you see in every generic 80s movie set in small-town Texas. It's so typical. Of course, a 4 may live the same generic lifestyle, but through a mild dose of an MDMA-esque drug which amplifies all emotion and experience.

Most people in the general population will be more likely to empathize with the enneagram 6 plight than the 4 one, but there's something so much more touching about the Four. The Six plight is typical and familiar like a bowl of cheerios in the morning, but the 4 experience just seems like this rich blend of blue, red, purple, fuschia, magenta, whatever, even if the 4's lived their entire lives in the middle of Iowa. But of course, the grass will always seem greener.
    I'm a Nine and I agree with this, but I wanted to point out something about the bold: the thought of it is completely existentially terrifying for this romanticist who would love a dramatic life - I can't bring myself to care too much or take too much action for fear of it. So, I guess, other types worry about that stuff too.
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

How's that workin for ya? Array Urarienev's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Oh dear...

This thread again...
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Enneagram is just some hippy new-age bullshit.
    Think about it.
    Likes Typh0n liked this post

Type 1... being so organised and perfectionistic... would be most difficult indeed.
    Likes ñoño liked this post

MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    EMO None

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Type 1... being so organised and perfectionistic... would be most difficult indeed.
    But like, 1's live with that "perfectionist" life so they get numb to it... unless they 1w2 i think..idk
    So it's kind of weird, cause.. YES, FLAWS CAN BE PERFECT TO 1. Even with the flawless, they'll pick out a flaw. It all depends on what is considered "perfect". If ya ever want to get a 1 to stop over doing it, just tell them "it's good, like angels".
    Also, I second-hand the "difficult" ×_×

Two and one come to mind.

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast