Thread: The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

It's of course subjective.
    We all have problems, they are problems because we are not well armed to deal with them. Someone else will think your problems are peanuts and you should just get a regular reality check alongside your bi annual prostate exam. Myself included, but that's just because I genuinely enjoy messing with people for the sake of studying their reaction.

Life had taught me that, it's about pushing through until things become easy, while pushing the next bolder. That changes your perceptions and self at a rapid pace. Now are some types less able to grow? Well, whatever the answer / point of view, life's just fun that way.

Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I think 6 is more Si.
    @Starry

I have a hard time making Fi-based judgements and just sort of Ne everywhere. I obviously have significant Fi though, since I'm sensitive.
    I need to come back to this as I need to go... but what are you referring to? More Si than 'ambivert?' Ambivert makes a lot of sense to me when I think of the conflict and second-guessing/paranoia and hyper-alertness of the e6... and that could certainly include Si in there as well.

edit: I guess I should say that I wasn't linking e6 to any specific introverted or extroverted function. Although I have seen e6w5 linked to Ni which is kinda a no-brainer really.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I need to come back to this as I need to go... but what are you referring to? More Si than 'ambivert?' Ambivert makes a lot of sense to me when I think of the conflict and second-guessing/paranoia and hyper-alertness of the e6... and that could certainly include Si in there as well.

edit: I guess I should say that I wasn't linking e6 to any specific introverted or extroverted function. Although I have seen e6w5 linked to Ni which is kinda a no-brainer really.
    oh i get what you mean...ambivert in the straddling the line between introverting or extraverting a function...yeah...for m it feels right that it would be ne ni but maybe it feels different to someone else according to their dom functions?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@Starry - That's funny!! I'm glad it made for an interesting example and not just nasty shock, lol. If I remember, I will remind you again down the road!

As for my own narrative... today...

happy happy huh? worry worry grumble irritated surprised happy wonder happy imagine competitive engaged-in-task annoyed happy disgusted relaxed happy

Pretty good so far I think

As a 6 I feel like there are certain things I feel negative concern/worry/upsetness about much more than others, and (maybe this is my 7), the rest I don't worry about much. I worry about my future career and schooling, I worry about my relationship, I worry about my day job that I don't like very much because it's run by greedy assholes, and I worry about plans going correctly. But other than that, I'm pretty happy and like to take in aesthetics and I like to work on problems and solve questions and play games and help people. When my mind is occupied with appreciating or solving or planning, I'm typically quite happy, so I try to keep myself engaged like that.

When I'm good, I try to practice relaxation/meditation during the down times so my mind doesn't turn to endless worrying and negativity. I guess that's the integration to 9 - the ability to find the zen calmness and consciously choose it over worry. The cool thing is that if we do it right, the 6 awareness stays, so it's like you still have the benefit of being a 6 but without being so cray.

While I like my 7 wing, because it seems to give me some extra "bounce", I don't think really 7 saves 6, because technically our wing kind of screws with us too. Keeping our minds occupied by go-go-going feels better than being mired in worry but it doesn't actually address the underlying anxiety - it almost makes it worse, in some ways! And makes us do silly impulsive things sometimes.

I do agree with @Stansmith that 6 is Si-ish. For me it amplifies Fi too, though, I think, by engaging Si.

What I cannot figure out is I do not relate to either the Socionics Ne-ENFp or Fi-ENFp descriptions... I'd say I would be a relatively heavy Fi user in ENFP terms, but I'm not particularly "theatrical"... to be fair I don't relate much to any Socionics type...

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @Starry - That's funny!! I'm glad it made for an interesting example and not just nasty shock, lol. If I remember, I will remind you again down the road!

As for my own narrative... today...

happy happy huh? worry worry grumble irritated surprised happy wonder happy imagine competitive engaged-in-task annoyed happy disgusted relaxed happy

Pretty good so far I think

As a 6 I feel like there are certain things I feel negative concern/worry/upsetness about much more than others, and (maybe this is my 7), the rest I don't worry about much. I worry about my future career and schooling, I worry about my relationship, I worry about my day job that I don't like very much because it's run by greedy assholes, and I worry about plans going correctly. But other than that, I'm pretty happy and like to take in aesthetics and I like to work on problems and solve questions and play games and help people. When my mind is occupied with appreciating or solving or planning, I'm typically quite happy, so I try to keep myself engaged like that.

When I'm good, I try to practice relaxation/meditation during the down times so my mind doesn't turn to endless worrying and negativity. I guess that's the integration to 9 - the ability to find the zen calmness and consciously choose it over worry. The cool thing is that if we do it right, the 6 awareness stays, so it's like you still have the benefit of being a 6 but without being so cray.

While I like my 7 wing, because it seems to give me some extra "bounce", I don't think really 7 saves 6, because technically our wing kind of screws with us too. Keeping our minds occupied by go-go-going feels better than being mired in worry but it doesn't actually address the underlying anxiety - it almost makes it worse, in some ways! And makes us do silly impulsive things sometimes.

I do agree with @Stansmith that 6 is Si-ish. For me it amplifies Fi too, though, I think, by engaging Si.

What I cannot figure out is I do not relate to either the Socionics Ne-ENFp or Fi-ENFp descriptions... I'd say I would be a relatively heavy Fi user in ENFP terms, but I'm not particularly "theatrical"... to be fair I don't relate much to any Socionics type...
    How did you get to that point? (assuming you've gone through a period of lower health)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Default The Truth

Enneagram 6 is not just any one function.

But there is definitely a correlation between it and Pi.

The Ni side of things often seems to be more counterphobic, as it is less compliant, more questioning.

The Si side of things often seems to be more phobic, as it is more compliant, less questioning.

There are Ne, Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, and Te flavors to e6 as well, tho.

But the strongest correlation is definitely Pi.

The Justice Fighter

XXXX - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

WALMART

Has the answer been established yet? It's two. Any two that has no lover, no family, no friends... any two that longs for such a simple establishment as basic human connection, but finds only abuse at every turn.

And so the two settles, Pearl Jam forever etched in his or her heart.

OK, so this thread has inundated me with evidence that it sucks to be a 6.

5s, why does it suck to be you? Or are you going to lurk in the shadows and refuse to tell me?

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Has the answer been established yet? It's two. Any two that has no lover, no family, no friends... any two that longs for such a simple establishment as basic human connection, but finds only abuse at every turn.

And so the two settles, Pearl Jam forever etched in his or her heart.
    The 2 can get all that easily unless their country is in the midst of a civil war or something.

Unapologetic being Array Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    The 2 can get all that easily unless their country is in the midst of a civil war or something.
    I actually know a 2 that was bullied their whole life...

Therefore making them lonely

It's really awful to be a lonely, sad, abused 2.

They work twice as hard as me in everything I think.

They are so overly conscious of how they are affecting others and others are affecting them it seems draining.

I guess it's hard for me cause I lack a strong feeling function.

And in that case I would never be a 2. hmm...

dammit. guess it's back to square 1
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast