User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 454

  1. #211
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    This is hilarious. I love the idea of type narratives.

    I think the E1 narrative is businesslike-businesslike-irritated-irritated-irritated-FUCK OFF YOU INCOMPETENT ASSHOLES-guilty-guilty-businesslike.
    I just don't want to end up being a weird, lonely obese 40 year old man who dedicates his life to reading Stormfront newsletters and going to klan rallies.

  2. #212
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I just don't want to end up being a weird, lonely obese 40 year old man who dedicates his life to reading Stormfront newsletters and going to klan rallies.
    You could be a weird, social, physically fit 40 year old man who does intense LARPing with friends and builds weapons for the zombie apocalypse. There are people like that in my hometown and for the most part they seem happy.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  3. #213
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I'd still take the positive outlook facade over 6-ness any day. The fear is paralyzing at times. You can be totally fine objectively and feel like you're slowly descending into the pits of poverty, loser-dom or deprivation based on some vision of the future that you have, until it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. A huge percentage of junkies and people who join weird cults or hate groups like the KKK are 6s.

    If the E7 narrative is happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-sad-sad-sad, then the 6w7 narrative is scared-scared-scared-happy-scared-scared-scared-scared-scared-scared-happy-scared-scared-scared-numb-numb-numb-numb-scared-scared-join a religious cult.
    I still have so many questions I'm carrying around in my mind...wanting to ask you...not knowing which thread of yours to ask them in haha.

    Like I've alluded to...you defy my understanding of personality theory which I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because now...


    e7s love this experience.


    You feel you have identified with e6 since around the age of 13 or so? What made you decide on a wing 7? Have you experienced e7 kick-in?

    Most enneagram theorists hold that your wing kicks-in around the age you are now. Let me share with you the *joys* of a 6-wing starting to take hold of one's existence...

    What you describe...happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy <-- That's me!!! That's me from age 3 - 20.......only. You know in movies, tv, videos... scenes where you see someone happily driving along in their car at a nice speed...and then something jumps out into the middle of the road and all you hear for the next minute or so...are screeching tires and car crash sounds... yah...that's what it's like to be an e7 when your 6-wing kicks in.

    I didn't understand it at the time but all of a sudden I started to have panic attacks for no reason that I could tell. I had always been fearless...and then suddenly I started to develop strange phobias... Where I had once always acted on impulse...doing whatever I thought best to do in the moment (which worked fairly well for me)... I started to second guess everything and missed opportunities... It was awful...and I still deal with these things to some extent to this day although I'm more concerned now with the need to avoid taking on the negative aspects of e5. Lady X describes this as well though in a different thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    okay so...imagine for a min being a 7! and being all yay fun adventure whoohoo but then having that annoying lil six voice going...ohhh...better not...cuz what if this or that or omg this!!! back and forth all day long!
    Your 7-wing should 'save your life' really...much like my 6-wing ruined mine

  4. #214
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I still have so many questions I'm carrying around in my mind...wanting to ask you...not knowing which thread of yours to ask them in haha.

    Like I've alluded to...you defy my understanding of personality theory which I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because now...


    e7s love this experience.


    You feel you have identified with e6 since around the age of 13 or so? What made you decide on a wing 7? Have you experienced e7 kick-in?

    Most enneagram theorists hold that your wing kicks-in around the age you are now. Let me share with you the *joys* of a 6-wing starting to take hold of one's existence...

    What you describe...happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy <-- That's me!!! That's me from age 3 - 20.......only. You know in movies, tv, videos... scenes where you see someone happily driving along in their car at a nice speed...and then something jumps out into the middle of the road and all you hear for the next minute or so...are screeching tires and car crash sounds... yah...that's what it's like to be an e7 when your 6-wing kicks in.

    I didn't understand it at the time but all of a sudden I started to have panic attacks for no reason that I could tell. I had always been fearless...and then suddenly I started to develop strange phobias... Where I had once always acted on impulse...doing whatever I thought best to do in the moment (which worked fairly well for me)... I started to second guess everything and missed opportunities... It was awful...and I still deal with these things to some extent to this day although I'm more concerned now with the need to avoid taking on the negative aspects of e5. Lady X describes this as well though in a different thread...



    Your 7-wing should 'save your life' really...much like my 6-wing ruined mine
    Interesting. At average levels I have a happy-go-lucky, naive, fun twinge from the 7 wing, but without the optimism. I think I'd be even more neurotic and paranoid with a 5-wing.

  5. #215
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Your 7-wing should 'save your life' really...much like my 6-wing ruined mine
    *cries in his 6w5 beer*

  6. #216
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    *cries in his 6w5 beer*
    Lol, would you say 6w5 is harder than 6w7? Average level 6w7 for me is "hey, this could be fun, oh wait it's not. I'm destined to be a loser. Oh wait, now I'm having lots of fun, life's gonna be just fine from here on out!" then the next day, "well sh-t, I'm back at square one".

  7. #217
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Interesting. At average levels I have a happy-go-lucky, naive, fun twinge from the 7 wing, but without the optimism. I think I'd be even more neurotic and paranoid with a 5-wing.
    I guess one of the things I'm wanting to know...

    Zarathustra used the word 'ambivert'... which I looked-up in the regular dictionary haha! And the definition...which I have committed to memory... fits my understanding of e6 individuals as well. In that they tend to be right on that line between introversion and extroversion. Or they score fairly equally...use equally...their dom & aux functions. Although I should quickly say that I am an ambivert of sorts...but I score equally in Ne & Ni...so with it being all iNtuition puts me into e7...(which, interestingly, is a common thing see specifically in e7w6 sx only. The rest of e7dom is heavy Ne or Se.)

    And that is what is confusing me is your scores show the complete opposite of 'ambivertness.' Ne is way out in front...but what makes things even more unusual...is that your Fi & Te scores appear to be even...which is almost suggestive of an ENFP that is over-extroverting or caught in an Ne/Te loop. Like I said to you before...if I knew nothing of you I would type you as 7w8 based on scores alone. So, do you feel those scores represented you well? Could it be you are more even on Ne & Fi... or could it be that you are actually an e7...getting hit especially hard at this time by a 6 or 8 wing?

    Likewise, if you are in fact e6...I'm not convinced you are not counterphobic...yet.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    *cries in his 6w5 beer*
    Oh Zara.



    Zara's house during hurricane season (when his e5 wing kicked in). Ummmm....



    "What is to give light must endure burning." - Viktor E. Frankl <--Amiright? Heh? It's a gift - remember. It's a gift.

  8. #218
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I still have so many questions I'm carrying around in my mind...wanting to ask you...not knowing which thread of yours to ask them in haha.

    Like I've alluded to...you defy my understanding of personality theory which I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because now...


    e7s love this experience.


    You feel you have identified with e6 since around the age of 13 or so? What made you decide on a wing 7? Have you experienced e7 kick-in?

    Most enneagram theorists hold that your wing kicks-in around the age you are now. Let me share with you the *joys* of a 6-wing starting to take hold of one's existence...

    What you describe...happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy <-- That's me!!! That's me from age 3 - 20.......only. You know in movies, tv, videos... scenes where you see someone happily driving along in their car at a nice speed...and then something jumps out into the middle of the road and all you hear for the next minute or so...are screeching tires and car crash sounds... yah...that's what it's like to be an e7 when your 6-wing kicks in.

    I didn't understand it at the time but all of a sudden I started to have panic attacks for no reason that I could tell. I had always been fearless...and then suddenly I started to develop strange phobias... Where I had once always acted on impulse...doing whatever I thought best to do in the moment (which worked fairly well for me)... I started to second guess everything and missed opportunities... It was awful...and I still deal with these things to some extent to this day although I'm more concerned now with the need to avoid taking on the negative aspects of e5. Lady X describes this as well though in a different thread...



    Your 7-wing should 'save your life' really...much like my 6-wing ruined mine
    Wow yeah me too... Not a freakin care in the world... Mostly...I mean beyond things that I'd have to be soulless not to be upset about but yeah I developed anxiety in my 20's too.

    Actually went to the dr telling him I think I had diabetes because my body would go numb and I'd lose vision or blackout sometimes.

    I had periods where I was scared to drive because I was so afraid I might just drive right off the turnpike or even walking my dog too far from the house... I once blacked out and sat on the street all alone scared to death because I I couldn't see

    It was nuts and I had no idea what was going on and the dr told me it was anxiety. I was like wtf. I don't think so... Why aren't you listening to me? You need to check my blood! I think I'm diabetic! And he said listen... You're like 115 lbs in good shape... I really don't think you're diabetic. You've got general anxiety disorder.

    He wanted to give me pills for it... But I don't like taking pills.

    I don't trust doctors much to prescribe me mood altering stuffs.

    So I went to whole foods and found some herbal supplement called be calm or something haha

    No idea if they actually worked beyond just a placebo affect of me feeling like I was handling it.

    And they stopped... Mostly... Years later I had them again a couple times. Just thought I was having a heart attack. He gave me Valium. It was alright... Just took it a few times.

    Got a divorce and have been fine since. Haha

    I'm rambling. Ill blame the wine. But yeah that's funny that happened to you too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  9. #219
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    @Starry I've never heard any mention of that. 7w6 being ne/ni ??? That's kinda awesomely interesting.
    I can see how 6 is like ni paranoia.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #220
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Wow yeah me too... Not a freakin care in the world... Mostly...I mean beyond things that I'd have to be soulless not to be upset about but yeah I developed anxiety in my 20's too.

    Actually went to the dr telling him I think I had diabities because my body would go numb it I'd loos vision or blackout sometimes.

    I had periods where I was scared to drive because I was so afraid I might just drive right off the turnpike or even walking my dig too far from the house... I once blacked out and sat on the street all alone scared to death because I I couldn't see

    It was nuts and I had no idea what was going on and the dr told me it was anxiety. I was like wtf. I don't think so... Why aren't you listening to me? You need to check my blood! I think I'm diabetic! And he said listen... You're like 115 lbs in good shape... I really don't think you're diabetic. You've got general anxiety disorder.

    He wanted to give me pills for it... But I don't like taking pills.

    I don't trust doctors much to prescribe me mood altering stuffs.

    So I went to whole foods and found some herbal supplement called be calm or something haha

    No idea if they actually worked beyond just a placebo affect of me feeling like I was handling it.

    And they stopped... Mostly... Years later I had them again a couple times. Just thought I was having a heart attack. He gave me Valium. It was alright... Just took it a few times.

    Got a divorce and have been fine since. Haha

    I'm rambling. Ill blame the wine. But yeah that's funny that happened to you too.
    Can you really black out from anxiety?! So crazy, I never knew. xoxo

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] Are Sp's the most common types to be musicians?
    By Blackout in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-05-2017, 10:43 AM
  2. [E6] Are Type Sixes the hardest people to read in the MBTI?
    By Stansmith in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 10:08 AM
  3. The 'type to be':
    By WALMART in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 12:18 AM
  4. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO