User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    In a way, 6 is one of the easiest types to be, as everyone seems to like them, plus they can do great in pretty much any field. Otoh, you won't see many 5s playing basketball on an elite level.

4s win in ineptitude, while 5s make the most frustrating partners.

Imo/ime:

1-easy
    2-moderate
    3-easy
    4-hard
    5-hard
    6-moderate
    7-moderate
    8-easy
    9-moderate
    Lol. There's people "liking" you, and not being content with people just "liking" you. I get the sense people laugh at me instead of laughing with me, and that's a sh-t feeling. I don't wanna be a trusty sidekick or a cute golden retriever with his tongue hanging out. I'm honestly not very well-liked and never have been. This is more accurate:

1- easy
    2- moderate
    3-easy
    4-hard
    5-moderate
    6-hard
    7-easy
    8-easy
    9-easy

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Seems like the OP is very focused on how the other types are perceived to be... not so much on how they are internally.

Some types in average form may look successful (by external standards) and well-adjusted on the outside, but be an absolute self-loathing wreck on the inside -- falling prey to their own impossible standards, rather than those of others. Types 1, 3, and 5 come to mind right away.

I'm wondering why it matters, who has it worse.
    Last edited by EJCC; 08-01-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: 1-ish perfectionism. How appropriate!
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes OxygenatedCoffee liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@Stansmith, do you get down on yourself for cowardice because courage is actually one of the qualities you value most?
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    In a way, 6 is one of the easiest types to be, as everyone seems to like them, plus they can do great in pretty much any field. Otoh, you won't see many 5s playing basketball on an elite level.

4s win in ineptitude, while 5s make the most frustrating partners.

Imo/ime:

1-easy
    2-moderate
    3-easy
    4-hard
    5-hard
    6-moderate
    7-moderate
    8-easy
    9-moderate
    I don't agree at all.

6 is fucking difficult, dude.

Try dealing with that level of projection/paranoia, even in the avg ranges.

Even if people like us, we're paranoid that they don't, and that in a moment everyone could turn against us.

I agree that 4 and 5 are fucked, but I think 6 fits pretty well in that grouping.

Granted, I'm also an INTJ, and an sx/so, which prolly doesn't help.

Uhh, wait... did I just fulfill what the OP said?

Edit: or was that another thread?

/ on my phone
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I don't agree at all.

6 is fucking difficult, dude.

Try dealing with that level of projection/paranoia, even in the avg ranges.

Even if people like us, we're paranoid that they don't, and that in a moment everyone could turn against us.

I agree that 4 and 5 are fucked, but I think 6 fits pretty well in that grouping.

Granted, I'm also an INTJ, and an sx/so, which prolly doesn't help.

Uhh, wait... did I just fulfill what the OP said?

Edit: or was that another thread?
    One person doesn't laugh at your joke or seems indifferent to you = "this person hates me, I'm annoying and embarassing myself. My friends are starting to distance themselves from me. I need new friends. Sh-t, I'm gonna start focusing on my screenwriting again, I don't need friends."

I'm an 18 year old male, mind you.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Not gonna lie. Being an 8 is pretty awesome. Sucks to suck, brah.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes ceecee liked this post

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    @Stansmith, do you get down on yourself for cowardice because courage is actually one of the qualities you value most?
    Yeah

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I remember testing 6, when I was rather down on life. I hated the concept. It was the source of everything wrong with my perceived self, as if I'd found the lair of the rabbit hole.

Then I tested 9, as I got healthier. I identify much more strongly with that type, as well as 8 - something I first scored as years ago. But I may still be a 6...
    Dude, you're a 9.

I think a lot of 6's are stuck in that mode without any true pangs of introspection, I don't think the qualities they possess are ever examined with any real depth, making it a lot easier - and interesting - to be themselves. Probably strong introverted irrational types - Si and Ni, moreso the latter.
    "Without any true pangs of introspection..."

What the hell does that mean?

Cuz, from where I stand, that makes you sound like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

So ya. Feel your pain. But you clearly have the tool of introspection, you can grow if you don't like it! Ten minutes of thought daily forges neural pathways conducent to change.
    I'm not completely knocking this, cuz I do believe in growth, but...

You do realize you're telling someone from the head center to think more...

A *huge* part of our problem is that we think too much, creating something out of nothing.

The key to moving towards health for a 6 is... well, complex.... I'll report back when I have a better understanding of it.
    The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

violaine

Yeah OP, I think 6 is hard. I was with a 6 for a long time and... Much love for him but the 6 issues were really hard for him. He looked as tough as nails. And he really was, esp in terms of his work ethic and ability to pull himself up. But also so raw inside. I only ever saw him as raw and wanted to help but I should have let it alone. Better as friends.

I've ALWAYS tested as 4, but for some reason, I keep testing as a 3 lately. I wonder if my historical 4ness came from being a 3 raised in a religion which didn't suit me. When I pulled myself away from all of that, my real self started to emerge. All I care about is pushing myself to achieve, and that's also all I ever cared about as a kid. I am driven. I can remember telling myself as a young child that every tool I would ever need in life is something I already have inside of me. I love to feel that I live and die by my own hand.

(I just re-read all that and it still sounds kinda 4ish to me. :p)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Not gonna lie. Being an 8 is pretty awesome. Sucks to suck, brah.
    8s think they're awesome, but usually suck.

6s think they suck, but are usually awesome.

If only we could be so delusional about our self-worth...
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink: