User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks Bruce Willis is a total dork?

I don't think being an 8 gives people the power that some imagine. I think in a healthy 8 it just gives them a very solid leadership quality, like they're unshakable...not that they are imposing, or superior or any of that kind of stuff.
    Ugh, thank you.

8's are scared of being harmed or controlled. That is all that makes an 8 an 8. They thus compensate for this by fooling themselves into thinking they are unharmable and uncontrollable.
    6's are scared of being without security or guidance. That is all that makes a 6 a 6. They compensate for this by fooling themselves into thinking they have security and guidance.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yes.

You can call it whatever you want.

The proof is in the pudding, not in the pudding thinking it's so fucking awesome it should be leader.

Congratulations.

you can be as right as you want here, you don't actually see from the 8's side and you're unwilling to. So I'm not gonna bother trying anymore.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    They compensate for this by fooling themselves into thinking they have security and guidance.

Not really.

More like the opposite.
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ugh, thank you.

8's are scared of being harmed or controlled. That is all that makes an 8 an 8. They thus compensate for this by fooling themselves into thinking they are unharmable and uncontrollable.
    6's are scared of being without security or guidance. That is all that makes a 6 a 6. They compensate for this by fooling themselves into thinking they have security and guidance.
    Yes that's right, thanks for this.

Maybe you and Zara are arguing the difference between being an 8w9 and an 8w7, because 8w7 are more volatile, while 8w9 is "the sleeping bear."

Stansmith

Not really.

More like the opposite.
    Disintegration to 3 is like that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

you can be as right as you want here, you don't actually see from the 8's side and you're unwilling to. So I'm not gonna bother trying anymore.
    That's cuz I'm not about seeing from sides.

I'm about seeing systemic truths.

I am just telling you the truth, and you don't want to accept it.

Not unrelatedly, 8s (8IE) have essentially no systemic thinking (until they integrate to 2 [2ES]).
    The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

That's cuz I'm not about seeing from sides.

I'm about seeing systemic truths.

I am just telling you the truth, and you don't want to accept it.

Not unrelatedly, 8s (8IE) have essentially no systemic thinking (until they integrate to 2 [2ES]).
    Yes, and the only "truth" you see is your own.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Disintegration to 3 is like that.
    Phobic 6s are like that, when it comes to guidance from an accepted external source.

Counterphobics reject the external source, and, like all 6s, doubt their own internal guidance/security.

(this, of course, is not taking into account integration, during which 6s learn to trust their internal guidance/security)
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Yes, and the only "truth" you see is your own.
    That's how a solipsist with essentially no systemic focus would see it.

Which, ironically, is the problem with giving 8s authority (unless, of course, they've integrated to 2).

8s view everything as a contest of wills. And, while there is truth to this perspective, it is not the whole picture.

With some systemic thinking (which they'll get by integrating), they'll learn that that is just part of the systemic hierarchy.

As opposed to merely attempting to impress on the extrinsic world what comes from one's intrinsic world (i.e., gut)...

They will recognize... well, I'm not gunna get (that) preachy... that's something they got to learn on their own...
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

start that thread already!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison