User Tag List

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 434

Thread: The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

  1. #151
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Does he come off as consistently grounded and "alpha", or does he alternate between seeming harmless and going ape-sh-t?
    Wow that's perfect. Except I wouldn't say 8s are consistently grounded, they just don't doubt their own presence. I think some 8s come across as pompous and I don't consider that very "grounded." I know what you mean though.

    Because I am totally the description of the 6.

  2. #152
    mod love baby... Array Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Does he come off as consistently grounded and "alpha", or does he alternate between seeming harmless and going ape-sh-t?
    He came off as grounded and alpha male. Very masculine for an enfp haha

    But definitely a lot of talks that seemed fear based.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #153
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    What you're describing is not a difference between 6 or 8. Its a symptom of being in the reactive triad.
    cp6s look vigilant and like they're trying to look tough, while 8s look naturally intimidating and confident/smug.


    8



    "lol, you don't want to try me buddy."

    6



    "I'm not scared of you or anybody"

  4. #154
    ¤ Array Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    7,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    lmao...

    I don't think your understanding of E8's is right.
    I think I've got them pegged pretty solid.

    And I don't see how that quote would prove your point.

    I think the issue is that you don't understand/respect what is necessary to properly acquire leadership.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Most of the leaders I've met who were bitchy about not being in charge were E6's and scared that everything was going to go wrong without being under their own supervision.
    I can't comment about the leaders you've met, but that certainly is a quality of e6s.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    An E8 is only going to assert a position of power if he knows he can do it better than anyone else.
    The problem is, that certainty is sourced from essentially nowhere but their gut, and I'm not sure if I've ever seen one not think he is better than anybody else for the job (whether true or not).

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    One thing that makes an 8 what it is, is the strong ability to know what they can and cannot do, something E6's are largely unaware of.
    As you said in your statement about this several weeks ago, on the 6's side, that is generally them doubting themself when they really shouldn't be, not the other way around.

    The opposite is more the problem for 8s.
    The Justice Fighter

    XXXX - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


  5. #155
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    cp6s look vigilant and like they're trying to look tough, while 8s look naturally intimidating and confident/smug.
    I think I can agree to that.

  6. #156
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think I've got them pegged pretty solid.

    And I don't see how that quote would prove your point.

    I think the issue is that you don't understand what is necessary to properly acquire leadership.



    I can't comment about the leaders you've met, but that certainly is a quality of e6s.



    The problem is, that certainty is sourced from essentially nowhere but their gut, and I'm not sure if I've ever seen one not think he is better than anybody else for the job (whether true or not).



    As you said in your statement about this several weeks ago, on the 8's side, that is generally them doubting themself when they really shouldn't be, not the other way around.

    The opposite is more the problem for 8s.
    So you're saying E8's actually suffer from "overconfidence" and that this overconfidence is false?

    This ultimately just seems like a Te statement, where only things that are done and proven actually exist. Where confidence is only based on experience and not self assertion or absolute logic.

    I will explain to you how my brain works. As a Ti user of subjective logic, I think on the fly. Every conclusion I reach is theoretical until proven objective or otherwise based on experience. So when I make decisions that are subjective, theoretical and unproven, I'm ultimately leaving it to chance, however I am calculating the chances rapid fire. From the outside, it looks like I have no idea what I'm doing and am making extremely brash decisions.

    I'm a gambler, and my confidence is as strong as the odds in place so long as I have the information available. The concept is similar for E5's. "Knowledge is power."

    If the odds are 50%, my confidence is 50%. If the odds are 99%, my confidence is 99%.

  7. #157
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    cp6s look vigilant and like they're trying to look tough, while 8s look naturally intimidating and confident/smug.


    8



    "lol, you don't want to try me buddy."

    6



    "I'm not scared of you or anybody"
    Am I the only person who thinks Bruce Willis is a total dork?

    I don't think being an 8 gives people the power that some imagine. I think in a healthy 8 it just gives them a very solid leadership quality, like they're unshakable...not that they are imposing, or superior or any of that kind of stuff.

  8. #158
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    He came off as grounded and alpha male. Very masculine for an enfp haha

    But definitely a lot of talks that seemed fear based.
    Maybe an 8 with a 6-fix

  9. #159
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    So you're saying E8's actually suffer from "overconfidence" and that this overconfidence is false?

    This ultimately just seems like a Te statement, where only things that are done and proven actually exist. Where confidence is only based on experience and not self assertion or absolute logic.

    I will explain to you how my brain works. As a Ti user of subjective logic, I think on the fly. Every conclusion I reach is theoretical until proven objective or otherwise based on experience. So when I make decisions that are subjective, theoretical and unproven, I'm ultimately leaving it to chance, however I am calculating the chances rapid fire. From the outside, it looks like I have no idea what I'm doing and am making extremely brash decisions.

    I'm a gambler, and my confidence is as strong as the odds in place so long as I have the information available. The concept is similar for E5's. "Knowledge is power."

    If the odds are 50%, my confidence is 50%. If the odds are 99%, my confidence is 99%.
    Honestly you seem to have that kind of narcissistic overconfidence sometimes from what I've observed in your posts (that's nearly comical at times), so if you are indeed an 8w7 (you probably are) then @Zarathustra is absolutely correct.

    Lowest base level 8w7 are like mob bosses and sociopaths and criminals who throw people in ditches.

  10. #160
    ¤ Array Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    7,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    So you're saying E8's actually suffer from "overconfidence" and that this overconfidence is false?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    This ultimately just seems like a Te statement, where only things that are done and proven actually exist. Where confidence is only based on experience and not self assertion or absolute logic.
    You can call it whatever you want.

    The proof is in the pudding, not in the pudding thinking it's so fucking awesome it should be leader.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I will explain to you how my brain works. As a Ti user of subjective logic, I think on the fly. Every conclusion I reach is theoretical until proven objective or otherwise based on experience. So when I make decisions that are subjective, theoretical and unproven, I'm ultimately leaving it to chance, however I am calculating the chances rapid fire. From the outside, it looks like I have no idea what I'm doing and am making extremely brash decisions.

    I'm a gambler, and my confidence is as strong as the odds in place so long as I have the information available. The concept is similar for E5's. "Knowledge is power."

    If the odds are 50%, my confidence is 50%. If the odds are 99%, my confidence is 99%.
    Congratulations.
    The Justice Fighter

    XXXX - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [E6] Are Type Sixes the hardest people to read in the MBTI?
    By Stansmith in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 10:08 AM
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 11:02 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Which type gives you more cause to be afraid: the ENTJ or the INFJ
    By EricHanson in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 04:54 PM
  4. What type do you think has the most potential to be successful?
    By G-Virus in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •