First 4121314151624 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That's fine.

I'm content laughing at them and giving them shit.
    Yes but they're not so content with it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Yes but they're not so content with it.
    See my edit.
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I don't give authority to babies just cuz they really really really want it.
    If they are inept, let them make a fool of themself.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

If they are inept, let them make a fool of themself.
    If they are not inept, then I will see that, and I will (provisionally) grant them authority.

This is all tribal/evolutionary.

Any e8 asshole could/would attempt to claim power/authority in a tribe.

It was the 6s who granted authority to whomever (whether 8 or not) deserved it.

And we were also the ones who killed the assholes who overstepped their proper bounds, or wouldn't relinquish power when they should.
    The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

If they are not inept, then I will see that, and I will (provisionally) grant them authority.
    This is counter to my experience. Most 6's do not see my abilities or allow me an opportunity. I have to force it upon them until they are silent.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

This is counter to my experience. Most 6's do not see my abilities or allow me an opportunity. I have to force it upon them until they are silent.
    See my edit.

Consider the fact that your excessive eagerness for the job is often a disqualifying factor.

You think you're the man for the job, but they have you pegged as an undeserving asshole.

Prove yourself a worthy leader; don't just automatically assume you are such (and expect others to).

(and don't be so fucking eager for the job, and so eager to prove yourself, either -- that's almost as bad.)
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Its like in the military. They often claimed, "to be a leader, you must first learn to follow."

The reason for this is because, the followers are observed and granted leadership past that. When 8's are in charge, their minds are at full potential. When 8's are subordinate, their abilities are often suppressed and unseen unless they are given reign over their own territory. The only time I've had an E6 boss impressed with me is as a gymnastics instructor, where I am never bothered.

Stansmith

9 guys go to a bar, each one is of each individual enneagram type. The 1 leaves first after drinking a glass of water. The 3, the 7 and the 8 leave with every hot girl in the bar within 1 minute of walking in. The 4 leaves to work on his novel, the 5 pulls out a copy of Ayn Rand, the 2 leaves to buy a present for his sister in law's baby shower after having a pleasant platonic conversation with the female bar tender, the 9 is not affected by the situation and the 6 awkwardly stares at a glass.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Was he pretty damn healthy?

Cuz I do think it is largely the sign of an average to unhealthy 8.
    Yeah for sure... He was an enfp also with crazy strong fi so he remained respectful of other people's values and Seemed to be very protective of them. He did like to debate to sort of test someone on their beliefs which was annoying but he said it was just because he was extremely interested in how someone draws the conclusions they do or whatever

Idk... He was definitely a " challenger" but he didn't seem domineering or egotistical. There was nothing abrasive about his personality from my view.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Any e8 asshole could/would attempt to claim power/authority in a tribe.

It was the 6s who granted authority to whomever (whether 8 or not) deserved it.

And we were also the ones who killed the assholes who overstepped their proper bounds, or wouldn't relinquish power when they should.
    I won't deny your personality is badass. The issue is that, 8's operate best when in charge. So to fully see their potential is to grant them temporary leadership and see how they perform. Otherwise you're judging them unfairly.

I've had bosses give me busywork to test my leadership. Being able to make copies of documents is not an indication of leadership. Responsibility, integrity and fortitude of character are.