User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Type 7 would just say no I'm good it's all going to be fine. Really don't worry about it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    This has nothing to do with integration or health. This is more a matter of not being physically, mentally or emotionally active.

Find some fun things to do.

Fun has no purpose to me. You have fun, go home, and then what? The feeling doesn't last, and you're still in the same place you were before. Directionless and empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Fun has no purpose to me. You have fun, go home, and then what? The feeling doesn't last, and you're still in the same place you were before. Directionless and empty.
    Fulfilling, then. Find some fulfilling things to do. And keep some of them at home as well.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I certainly get your point, but as an 18 year old in the prime of his life, I'd much rather have e7 problems than e6. I see the value in being an e6 troubleshooter when you're in your 30s or 40s, but being an e6 is a teenager or young adult is an absolute waste of youth. You should be happy go-lucky, whimsical, euphoric and impulsive at 18 years old, that's the point of youth. You have lots of fun, f-ck up a bunch of times, and move forward. As a young 6, you're basically behaving like an old woman and depriving yourself of any worthwhile experiences.
    I'm almost ten yrs older than you...and I still feel this way

I am finding that the more everyday goes by...the more I deprive myself. (WTF self?)

I hate it

And so now I've made it my goal to feel like I've lived the life I wanna live by 30 lol.

It is a terrible feeling though, I do agree it's difficult being a six

Everything is relative I guess...

But if you were to make a 6 a rich person....

and a 3 a starving homeless person....

I can see the comparison...the 3 probably will move up in the world...at least the physically and money-wise...(maybe not metaphysical or emotional)

But the 6 will be paraniod...and still not be happy...They would prolly think people are gonna try to kill them for thier money or something of that 6ish paranoia nature lol ( I know I would...sad...cause I know that it's a RE-fucking-DICULOUS paranoia lmao) damn being a 6!! gah

So I see where you're coming from...
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post

I am finding that the more everyday goes by...the more I deprive myself. (WTF self?)

I hate it

And so now I've made it my goal to feel like I've lived the life I wanna live by 30 lol.

I can see the comparison...the 3 probably will move up in the world...at least the physically and money-wise...(maybe not metaphysical or emotional)

But the 6 will be paraniod...and still not be happy...They would prolly think people are gonna try to kill them for thier money or something of that 6ish paranoia nature lol ( I know I would...sad...cause I know that it's a RE-fucking-DICULOUS paranoia lmao) damn being a 6!! gah

The 3 would probably go insane because of the sudden shift in status and either become a sadist or commit suicide. In the 6-situation I would just buy a bunch of stuff, post pictures of my luxury lifestyle on instagram, tumblr and twitter, and everything would fall into place.

A homeless 3 could "rise out of the ashes" so-to-speak, but they'd be doing it with raggedy smelly clothes and ungroomed hair. It'd be embarassing. They'd have to rob Dior or Louis Vuitton and break into someone's house for a decent shower, maybe even save up change for a nice haircut.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post

I hate it

This, like the OP, is putting way too much emphasis on type, and way too little on health level.
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    While I don't agree that removing the anxiety is the best course of action, I think that in this instance integrating to nine is what would allow us to finally focus, not remove, the anxiety; I would even postulate that it would seem poorly reasoned to assume that integrating to nine would erase worry. Nines themselves deny it, but as the six is hardly capable of repressing it, the correct integration is to focus on a singular issue, to determine whether the problem is actually intrinsic or extrinsic, and then gain the determination and skill to uproot the origin. The integration to nine isn't a shield or sword, sixes have plenty of those, it is the dart that hits precisely the point necessary to incapacitate the argument of the antagonizations.
    That would be your addiction to the anxiety speaking.

When you're integrating, the anxiety will just fall away for the most part.

The anxiety comes from lack of faith/cowardice, and goes away with faith/courage.

It will always be there, ready to come back, but the more you integrate, the more it will go away.

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/ar...p#.Uf1mJtIp-Sp
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

E8 is by no means easy. Try living a life where everyone hates you, and when you're nice, everyone bullies you. When you're successful, everyone is jealous of you. Your bosses think you're a threat to their position, you get fired for being yourself, etc. Jealous co-workers form groups behind your back in order to trash your reputation and take you down when you're successful. Niceness is interpreted as weakness, and people get frustrated because they can't change you, and decide to make your life hell instead. Those who you decide to help, turn against you and try to make your life miserable when you stop helping them. Everyone is dependant upon you, 90% of women you meet are broken and need someone like you to solve all of their problems. Life often feels like you're a mortal journeying through hell, where the rest of the world complains of misery and wallows in their excrement and petty anxieties, and there's nothing you can do to help because it would turn you into one of them.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    E8 is by no means easy.
    Always having to be the top dog, unable to be vulnerable in relationships or to admit to having insecurities/demons?

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That would be your addiction to the anxiety speaking.

When you're integrating, the anxiety will just fall away for the most part.

The anxiety comes from lack of faith/cowardice, and goes away with faith/courage.

It will always be there, ready to come back, but the more you integrate, the more it will go away.

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/ar...p#.Uf1mJtIp-Sp
    I believe my point corresponds most appropriately toward the section of imitating the type in order to solve the problems, and how this isn't the effective way to "integrate". As I remember him suggesting earlier that integrating into the nine made him feel boring and uneventful and at this may have been the issue. This would definitely be a good article for the OP to read as well.

I do agree on the point of my addiction, I believe it is evident in me, to anyone who knows me that even resolved issues still cause me dilemmas and too much heart-ache. I suppose also I was trying to qualify what faith/courage really means to me and perhaps I am embittered and battle focused, and so it is more a white-flag than anything.

I have noticed though that 9's serenity to me has a tendency to feel sluggish and perhaps I integrated at the wrong level since lateral movement at the low level does not put me far enough into the positive aspects of nine.

As well, I find that there is never enough admission of fear to help me move beyond my fear. I have spent copious amounts of time trying my best to admit all my fears and perceived failings in order that hopefully I could overcome them if I did not find them enemies, but then reality and its harshness did set in... So we could probably chalk it up to bad timing; however, I will say that fear or courage is provoking me towards my studies so in that I also agree, and I am seeing a new tendency of actually learning that my fears aren't' necessarily real instead of rationalizing them into oblivion.

I do realize that perhaps I wasn't actually relinquishing myself to the fears because I was rationalizing instead of solving and now the line is mucked.