User Tag List

Stansmith

Default Separating Instinctual Variant desires from Core-type desires

How do you do it? I feel like So/Sx desires scream phobic-6w7 and sp-dom looks like the competency triad.

I've gone through confusion as far as what my core type is because of this. I think about groups and being liked alot like a core 6w7, but I'm not sure it comes from a desire to feel safe.

Stansmith

Bump

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I do so by comparing and contrasting different 6w7s

In my case, I feel I'm quite different from sp-dom 4s who are a lot more 'this is how I want it and how I see things, and I'm not ashamed of saying so' than I am, whereas so-dom 4s seem to be a lot smoother than me in navigating the masses to get to where they wanna go.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I see the instincts as developing in relation to the core type. So an sp 6 and an sp 2 would have their instinctual drives focused differently. I think it's best to focus on core type, and then from there consider how the fixation plays out (which area your drive is focused).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

One way that I have found to be reliable is to go by core motivations--which set of issues sparks off your 6ness?

You do have to be careful not read about blindspots and stackings and stuff and arbitrarily assign yourself the one that sounds most "like" you--many introverts assign themselves sp/sx right away because they hear that sp's are "withdrawn" and sx's "like one-to-one" communications.

So, ask yourself what set of issues results MOST in a 6ish reaction. Social status, politics, hierarchy, etc? Intimate relationships? Food, health, housing, future resources, etc? You know the instincts already.