User Tag List

12 Last

Stansmith

Default How do your non-Core types in your trifix manifest?

What traits from your non-core trifix types have you noticed in yourself?

My 6-core (along with so/sx), makes me seek a sense of belonging, but my 3w4 fix also adds a desire to be seen as distinguishedbo to the people in those groups. I want to be seen as the guy with the best sense of style, consistent looks/grooming, the best taste, etc. and I sort of enjoy showing off or simply knowing when I'm doing something important that everyone else isn't. I think about surface level self-improvement for it's own sake all the time too. My demeanor is also pretty aloof and Ken Doll-ish according to other people until I open my mouth, in which case it becomes clear that I'm a phobic 6w7 I'm basically a smooth neurotic. I also tend to walk with my head up high looking straight ahead "disregarding" others like I'm on some sort of mission when I'm really going grocery shopping.

As for 1w9, my body language is sort of "clenched". I sit on the train like an old anal-retentive INTJ reading a newspaper while drinking a starbucks.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

7w6 wants adventure and fun, yet is somewhat cautious…
    2w1 wants to be helpful, but can be overly perfectionistic when doing so…
    9w1 wants peace an harmony, but can be perfectionistic to the point of causing chaos…

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I'm a 4w5, so my central and most difficult issues have revolved around my sense of being different, strange, and an outsider. I've struggled with feeling "left out", like there is something secretly "wrong" with me, and the sense that everyone else is out having a great life while I'm brooding in the corner, bored and friendless.

8w9--Could actually be 8w7, given that I identify a lot more with 7 than 9. I fit the 8w9 description better, though, but I admit that this could simply be due to the fact that it comes out through my withdrawn exterior.

Ruminations aside, it's my next fix, and it pretty much takes over my entire thinking. Most people don't really see it IRL, but it's in there in a fairly textbook capacity. Basically, it nullifies some of the finer points of E4--like I hate to think of myself as being "emotional", "romantic", and "sensitive" even when this is obvious to others. I'm rather warlike for a likely INFP, I don't suffer fools gladly, and I'm driven to prevail. I've had a lifelong aversion to "weakness" and the thought of someone else protecting me sets off a wave of defiance. I have a pragmatic, "beat the odds", pwn-people-at-their-own-game streak and could probably run a country or a big business. There's a bunch of other stuff, too, but that's off the top of my head.

6w5--My last fix. It's good for finding holes and problems, which actually led to me having trouble typing myself (I thought 6 could be the core). I'm good at critical thinking, and I don't really like not accounting for uncertainties in major operations I undertake. I have a legalistic mind (for a 4, I'd make a great lawyer) and I cover all bases. It probably also makes that whole "I'M NOT WEAK!!!" thing worse.

Anyway, I guess that makes me triple reactive, though mostly I'm a quiet lil shadow on the wall. I don't just walk around spewing invective or anything.
    Last edited by Sanjuro; 08-03-2013 at 04:39 AM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

4w5 makes me a depressive weirdo hermit
    7 makes me an escapist, ADD ditz
    9 makes me conflict avoidant and lazy

Bam!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm pretty sure about my Enneagram type but I don't really know what this trifix thing is, so I took a quick test and got 4w5, 5w4, and 9w1, which I suppose is accurate.

4w5 core -- same old stuff, as we all know it...
    5w4 -- I think I have a pretty strong 5 wing, so this is not surprising. This is pretty much the same as my core type, except that maybe I can appear 5-ish and get a lot of emotional satisfaction out of knowing things. I guess this makes me very reserved in expressing my emotions. No one in real life would guess I'm a 4.
    9w1 -- I hate conflicts, until someone violates one of my principles, then I can become rather ruthless.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I often test as 873.
    the 7 behaves much like my 7 wing. Causes a thirst for adventure and make's me a basketcase if I don't every so often remind myself to sit down and meditate to gather my thoughts.
    I'm still debating if I have a 4 or 3 fix. If I have a 3 fix its probably indicated by my somewhat exhibitionistic tendencies which I associate more with Sx/So anyway. Or, it could be my "search for myself," as I often lose track of who I am in the name of seeing other people happy. I could also have a 2 fix. I don't even know.

Trifixes are gay

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    What traits from your non-core trifix types have you noticed in yourself?

My 6-core (along with so/sx), makes me seek a sense of belonging, but my 3w4 fix also adds a desire to be seen as distinguishedbo to the people in those groups. I want to be seen as the guy with the best sense of style, consistent looks/grooming, the best taste, etc. and I sort of enjoy showing off or simply knowing when I'm doing something important that everyone else isn't. I think about surface level self-improvement for it's own sake all the time too. My demeanor is also pretty aloof and Ken Doll-ish according to other people until I open my mouth, in which case it becomes clear that I'm a phobic 6w7 I'm basically a smooth neurotic. I also tend to walk with my head up high looking straight ahead "disregarding" others like I'm on some sort of mission when I'm really going grocery shopping.

As for 1w9, my body language is sort of "clenched". I sit on the train like an old anal-retentive INTJ reading a newspaper while drinking a starbucks.
    Hello again. Your post once again indicates to me that you are indeed a medium temp 3w4 image fixer...

not every 3w4 fixer strikes a pose to court attention like that...just the mediums.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I find trifix pointless, but I'll play. My core type pretty much explains as much as any theory could possibly be expected to explain a personality.

Head fix - 5w4
    Life seems to take too much energy. When dealing with roadblocks, I feel very unmotivated to do much about them at all. I tend to just escape into fantasy & theories & knowledge that has nothing to do with real life or solving my actual problems. I tend to "problem-solve" with these fantasies and my own pet theories, but it's really just blocking out reality & hoping it will go away. I tend to trust this over my real life experience, and I find reasons to invalidate real life experience. I have trouble understanding the simple things others engage in easily, and need little theories to figure out how to do common sense stuff (ie. making friends, getting your oil changed, etc). I realized awhile ago that a huge chunk of my shyness is that I can't be bothered to exert the energy to care, not so much an anxiety over humiliating myself (although that is there too, but most of it was based on "I don't know what I'm doing", but even now that I do, I still don't care to act on it).

Gut fix - 1w9
    I definitely have a mini & pissed off ESTJ within. That should say it all. In case it doesn't, then basically I can be self-righteous, perfectionistic, & very critical of those close to me. I'm "above" a lot of things. I hate this goody-good side of me, but it's there. Supposedly, if I could get past this distaste for it or viewing it as counter to my ideal self, then I could integrate the good 1 stuff & actually be closer to my ideal self.
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 07-29-2013 at 01:47 AM. Reason: typo
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

4w3: basically i want to be fun, melodramatic and sparkling company to be with.
    7w8: makes me pound my chest like a gorilla out of boredom. makes me more playful, that i want to cause reactions with my melodrama and intellect play.
    suspected 9w1: makes me feel like i lack identity, self compromising, cant follow my own will, will spend time with others even to the point where im extremely frustrated. and basically inability to get out of routines that seem safe.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

brainheart

6w7- When I get depressed or anxious my mind starts spinning. I begin to question everything and become plagued by lots of self doubt. I'm also pretty loyal.

1w2- I feel guilty when I don't recycle or when I step on an ant, even if it's an accident. I can find myself ranting about how little people think about the cause and effect of their actions. I will go up to random strangers and give them lectures when they are doing something I consider wrong, like feeding an orangutan at the zoo popcorn (which I'm sure seems innocuous/benign to most people). It's like the rage within my builds and I have no control over my actions and I just have to express my feelings. It's crazy powerful. But as I said, I lecture vs yell. I can become extraordinarily critical of others as well as myself. Annoyingly nit picky and fault-finding.

This all, however, can also be explained by my being a Fi-dom, the connection of four to one, and inferior Te.