User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Temp States

Default Temp States

Greetings

"High Temperament (high temp): High temps have more assertive-like energy, are very excitable, intense, reactive, and loquacious. They perceive time to move at a faster rate than the normative perception of time and have the least sophisticated filters when it comes to the expression of their fixation. High temps swing between the levels of health for their type more rapidly than other temperaments and have an easier time than the other temperaments getting themselves out of a depressive period. Tendency towards explosion when angry. If the main enneagram type is not in the assertive or reactive triad, a high temperament nevertheless modifies the fixations’ outer energy in a way that will have surface similarities to an assertive or reactive type.

Medium Temperament (medium temp): Medium temps have more compliant-like energy, live moderately and tend to be repetitive, though with an underlying darkness, that can show itself in a Jekyll and hyde energy. Often represent a balance between the high and low temperaments. They have a normative perception of time and the most politically correct filters when it comes to the expression of their fixation. They have the most moderate swings up and down the levels of health for their type and rarely experience the highest or lowest levels. Medium temps are the most common temperament.

Low temperament (Low temp): Low temps have more withdrawn-like energy, are reserved, contemplating, unreactive, “wintery”. They perceive time to move at a slower rate than the normative perception of time and have the most sophisticated filters when it comes to the expression of their fixation. They have the least rapid swings up and down the levels of health for their type but when a low temp goes down in health, they tend to get dug in for a longer duration of time. They have a harder time than the other temperaments getting themselves out of a depressive period. Insular, often a glacial calm, tendency towards implosion when angry. If the enneagram type is not in the withdrawn triad, a low temperament nevertheless modifies the fixations’ outer energy in a way that will have surface similarities to a withdrawn type."

source: stackemup.net

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Interesting. I think I'm a medium temperament.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

all right suchirony...that gives me a more specific read on your type wrapper.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I'm double withdrawn and triple reactive (my tritype).

That puts me at high temp or low temp, depending on how you choose to define me. Both are actually sort of accurate, weirdly enough. Very split energy here.

Where'd you get the information, btw??

Source in OP. I don't conflate temp state to triads since my cousin's core type is 9w1 (high temp). Her image fix, 2w1 (medium temp).

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    Source in OP. I don't conflate temp state to triads since my cousin's core type is 9w1 (high temp). Her image fix, 2w1 (medium temp).
    Can you copy and paste for those of us that don't want to create an account?

I think I'd be medium-low temp.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

Did. In the first post.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Oh. There is no additional information or references given? Where did you get that 9w1 is high temp and 2w1 is medium?

Johari -- Nohari

Whatever information there is the main points are decently summarized by descriptions in the OP.

I located this description of a 4w3 (low temp) from another forum (not the forum of origin) posted by one of the advanced contributors…it’s pretty good:

originally posted by dfgray44:

If I'm working with it correctly, one way to say it is that, in the case of a low temperament person, the central fixation isn't such a God-awful imperative. Which doesn't mean that, then, other aspects (tritypes, wings, Instincts) rush in and take over the core fixation's centrality, but that the personality, as a whole, has something of a muted quality.

The idea brings to light observations about an sp/sx 4w3 ex-gf who, for the most part, "just happened to be a 4", as opposed to the more agitated energy that comes off in higher temperament 4s, and which makes an observer think "wow, that person's a flaming 4".

Just as one example among many (regarding her), to give a feel for the concept, she had fantasies of leaving the corporate world and living on a Caribbean island where a friend had a home she could stay in, and pursuing an artist's life there as a photographer, but that stuff was never gonna happen, and my sense of it is that it wasn't just because sp-first had her mind-on-her-money and her money-on-her-mind (or other sp stuff, like having trouble with making big changes, environmentally). It's that there wasn't enough agitative/catalytic energy to force that kind of move, even though it was within her means. There was a type of overall mildness (within the context of her being a 4), and I wouldn't assign her a 9 Gut-fix; easily a 1.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

I'm sorry, I'm still not understanding - in this theory are there particular types that are always certain temps (4w3 always being a low temp, 2w1 is medium, 9w1 being high) or when you've given a type and temperature are you just elaborating on the temp of that particular person?

Johari -- Nohari