• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Temp States

Tomb1

Greetings

"High Temperament (high temp): High temps have more assertive-like energy, are very excitable, intense, reactive, and loquacious. They perceive time to move at a faster rate than the normative perception of time and have the least sophisticated filters when it comes to the expression of their fixation. High temps swing between the levels of health for their type more rapidly than other temperaments and have an easier time than the other temperaments getting themselves out of a depressive period. Tendency towards explosion when angry. If the main enneagram type is not in the assertive or reactive triad, a high temperament nevertheless modifies the fixations’ outer energy in a way that will have surface similarities to an assertive or reactive type.

Medium Temperament (medium temp): Medium temps have more compliant-like energy, live moderately and tend to be repetitive, though with an underlying darkness, that can show itself in a Jekyll and hyde energy. Often represent a balance between the high and low temperaments. They have a normative perception of time and the most politically correct filters when it comes to the expression of their fixation. They have the most moderate swings up and down the levels of health for their type and rarely experience the highest or lowest levels. Medium temps are the most common temperament.

Low temperament (Low temp): Low temps have more withdrawn-like energy, are reserved, contemplating, unreactive, “wintery”. They perceive time to move at a slower rate than the normative perception of time and have the most sophisticated filters when it comes to the expression of their fixation. They have the least rapid swings up and down the levels of health for their type but when a low temp goes down in health, they tend to get dug in for a longer duration of time. They have a harder time than the other temperaments getting themselves out of a depressive period. Insular, often a glacial calm, tendency towards implosion when angry. If the enneagram type is not in the withdrawn triad, a low temperament nevertheless modifies the fixations’ outer energy in a way that will have surface similarities to a withdrawn type."

source: stackemup.net

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting. I think I'm a medium temperament.

Tomb1

all right suchirony...that gives me a more specific read on your type wrapper.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm double withdrawn and triple reactive (my tritype).

That puts me at high temp or low temp, depending on how you choose to define me. Both are actually sort of accurate, weirdly enough. Very split energy here.

Where'd you get the information, btw??

Tomb1

Source in OP. I don't conflate temp state to triads since my cousin's core type is 9w1 (high temp). Her image fix, 2w1 (medium temp).

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Source in OP. I don't conflate temp state to triads since my cousin's core type is 9w1 (high temp). Her image fix, 2w1 (medium temp).

Can you copy and paste for those of us that don't want to create an account?

I think I'd be medium-low temp.

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh. There is no additional information or references given? Where did you get that 9w1 is high temp and 2w1 is medium?

Tomb1

Whatever information there is the main points are decently summarized by descriptions in the OP.

I located this description of a 4w3 (low temp) from another forum (not the forum of origin) posted by one of the advanced contributors…it’s pretty good:

originally posted by dfgray44:

If I'm working with it correctly, one way to say it is that, in the case of a low temperament person, the central fixation isn't such a God-awful imperative. Which doesn't mean that, then, other aspects (tritypes, wings, Instincts) rush in and take over the core fixation's centrality, but that the personality, as a whole, has something of a muted quality.

The idea brings to light observations about an sp/sx 4w3 ex-gf who, for the most part, "just happened to be a 4", as opposed to the more agitated energy that comes off in higher temperament 4s, and which makes an observer think "wow, that person's a flaming 4".

Just as one example among many (regarding her), to give a feel for the concept, she had fantasies of leaving the corporate world and living on a Caribbean island where a friend had a home she could stay in, and pursuing an artist's life there as a photographer, but that stuff was never gonna happen, and my sense of it is that it wasn't just because sp-first had her mind-on-her-money and her money-on-her-mind (or other sp stuff, like having trouble with making big changes, environmentally). It's that there wasn't enough agitative/catalytic energy to force that kind of move, even though it was within her means. There was a type of overall mildness (within the context of her being a 4), and I wouldn't assign her a 9 Gut-fix; easily a 1.

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm sorry, I'm still not understanding - in this theory are there particular types that are always certain temps (4w3 always being a low temp, 2w1 is medium, 9w1 being high) or when you've given a type and temperature are you just elaborating on the temp of that particular person?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm probably a High Temp.

Tomb1

High temp 6w7, let me see. I take it you are one to push/break boundaries.

Tomb1

I'm sorry, I'm still not understanding - in this theory are there particular types that are always certain temps (4w3 always being a low temp, 2w1 is medium, 9w1 being high) or when you've given a type and temperature are you just elaborating on the temp of that particular person?
2w1 (low temp), 2w1 (medium temp), 2w1 (high)...and so on

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
High temp 6w7, let me see. I take it you are one to push/break boundaries.

Yea...bout that :whistling:, sometimes conciously, mostly unconciously lol

Tomb1

Higher temps also have the widest range, so to speak, then medium...low has the least range.

My cousin is a 2w1 (medium temp) image fixer, for example...she has an itch to rush in and rescue those that appear to be in need.

She can also secretively pull strings for the good of others like a low temp 2w1 fixer (though it would probably bore her to do so).

But she lacks the temp-state-propulsion to hold and pursue a special sense of mission here on earth...like a high temp 2w1 fixer

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Higher temps also have the widest range, so to speak, then medium...low has the least range.

My cousin is a 2w1 (medium temp) image fixer, for example...she has an itch to rush in and rescue those that appear to be in need.

She can also secretively pull strings for the good of others like a low temp 2w1 fixer (though it would probably bore her to do so).

But she lacks the temp-state-propulsion to hold and pursue a special sense of mission here on earth...like a high temp 2w1 fixer
hmm this is interesting. I don't know if I know any low or high temps...its hard to compare.

Can you elaborate or give more examples ? :happy2:

Tomb1

hmm this is interesting. I don't know if I know any low or high temps...its hard to compare.

Can you elaborate or give more examples ? :happy2:

Well I read thru some your older posts...you are a very good example of a high temp 6w7.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I read thru some your older posts...you are a very good example of a high temp 6w7.

ha ha nice.

Yea I asked a couple of my good friends which ones they though I was. They think so too lol.

Tomb1

ha ha nice.

Yea I asked a couple of my good friends which ones they though I was. They think so too lol.

being 6w7 (high temp) you are also a less mainstream 6w7.

my other cousin is a sx/sp 6w7 (low temp) enfp...

gene simmons 8w7 (low-medium mixed temp) ENTP...interesting how temp states modify the outer expression of type/mbti

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13911]Tomb1[/MENTION] Yes! exactly! I am happy I found this thread, I really believe that's why I can seem so "all over the place" sometimes when I write, but if you were to meet me in real life my facial expressions are very lacking when it comes to expressing my inner world. I am only engaging naturally, I'm not expressive naturally.

I also think that I am caught up in my head a lot too from being a 6 (you know constantly thinking about what really matters in life, souls, and all that crap) which makes Ni my go to function.

I have been thinking more about the concept of time and what the OP says about each temp. relative to their perception of time.

It's interesting, I'm not sure if I experience time "faster" than others. It's difficult to get a feel for that. I would think the opposite because why would I be so impatient? Isn't time going fast enough for a high temp? you would think they wouldn't be impatient. lol :doh: