• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the difference between E7 and E3 Arrogance?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yes positive. i do that super merged self sacrificing sx thing in relationships.

Now So/Sx is back on the table for me…or even Sx/So…

I just don't take many risks because I feel like I have a sense of duty to stay in a position to aid those close to me…

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I just don't take many risks because I feel like I have a sense of duty to stay in a position to aid those close to me…

i wouldn't word it the same but if i'm merged with someone...i think about how everything i do affects them too.

Edit: I should add for accuracy that that doesn't mean I'm always very good at it or right in my assumptions because I project too much and often assume they feel the same as I

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i wouldn't word it the same but if i'm merged with someone...i think about how everything i do affects them too.

Edit: I should add for accuracy that that doesn't mean I'm always very good at it or right in my assumptions because I project too much and often assume they feel the same as I

I am like that, too.

I think our Fi can play a role in that.

I've gotten in trouble so many times trying to be helpful, I've found it better to sit out of the way since I have a tendency to make things worse…

Edit: I will standby and wait for exact orders on how to give assistance in a situation, but even then, I have a tendency to make things worse. If I try to intuit a solution, though, it ends up worse than if I just to do everything exactly by the book. Not that that turns out well most of the time, either...

I do better when things are kept light and playful.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am like that, too.

I think our Fi can play a role in that.

I've gotten in trouble so many times trying to be helpful, I've found it better to sit out of the way since I have a tendency to make things worse…

Yeah... I mean I don't know what type you are but please don't assume you're not a 7 based on elfboys description of it alone.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah... I mean I don't know what type you are but please don't assume you're not a 7 based on elfboys description of it alone.

Probably the closest one I've found is 5w4, but that is such a rare type for ENFP that I am probably a 7w6…

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

oh man, i don't identify with that AT ALL. do you have a type 2 in your tritype or something like that?

i don't relate to elfboy's description, except the part of feeling like you were deprived or someone caused you pain in your childhood and you're trying to make up for it (this could be related to sx-dom too). i feel that and i'm not sure why cause i had a happy childhood. kind of.

but to be honest i also have a big big feeling that elfboy is not even an ENFP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh man, i don't identify with that AT ALL. do you have a type 2 in your tritype or something like that?

i don't relate to elfboy's description, except the part of feeling like you were deprived or someone caused you pain in your childhood and you're trying to make up for it (this could be related to sx-dom too). i feel that and i'm not sure why cause i had a happy childhood. kind of.

funny someone else suggested elfboy wasn't an enfp to me in a rep a bit ago haha

and i do have 2 in my tritype. i'm a 729 apparently...although i don't know much about what that means.

and i had a happy childhood too so i don't where that all comes from either.

but yeah i read something not too long ago about how sx types can be very self sacrificing in relationships....always putting other people first and incorporating their lovers world view into their own and i related so strongly to that...i totally do that.

it may have been an sx/sp description...can't remember.

not that i can't be selfish in a fi way...like pretty much no one elses opinions matters or influences me in any way...but with a significant other or family member/best friend it's different and matters...but not as much as my own.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
funny someone else suggested elfboy wasn't an enfp to me in a rep a bit ago haha

and i do have 2 in my tritype. i'm a 729 apparently...although i don't know much about what that means.

and i had a happy childhood too so i don't where that all comes from either.

but yeah i read something not too long ago about how sx types can be very self sacrificing in relationships....always putting other people first and incorporating their lovers world view into their own and i related so strongly to that...i totally do that.

it may have been an sx/sp description...can't remember.

not that i can't be selfish in a fi way...like pretty much no one elses opinions matters or influences me in any way...but with a significant other or family member/best friend it's different and matters...but not as much as my own.

Cool, you have the same tritype in the same order!

Anyway, after reading what you said about Sx, I am going to reconsider So/Sx. I think the problem is the abusive man that moved in with us about 4 years ago. I became more Sp as a defense mechanism. He hates when I display any energy, so acting So/Sx could have gotten me badly hurt. Heck, Sx/So sounds like me before I say my father die. Seeing my first step-father die didn't help, either. Then, being in a mind-control cult for a few years made Sx-related behavior forbidden.

To keep it sweet, I've never been So last, but I may have once been Sx-Dom.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]
I should clarify a few things
1) we're talking about 7-ish arrogance. while all 7s are egocentric, not all 7s are arrogant
2) I made 7-ish arrogance sound like it has much more bravado than is usually the case. for the most part, 7-ish arrogance has more to do with a delusional, rosy view of reality
3) 7s are friendly and kind as long as things are pretty much going their way, but they turn into bitches when the rosy view of their perfect world shatters in front of them.
4) 7s are typically generous when doing so will not detriment them significantly. we're not like 5w6 Sp/So :tongue:

Are you sure you're not a So/Sp 7w6? I thought that was what set me apart from the average 7w6…
I think she's Sx/So or So/Sx. sacrifice is more related to Social 7 than Sexual 7 (though Sexual 7 can make a lot of sacrifices for a relationship. I know pursuit of such as cost me a LOT of money and many stupid decisions)

Sandra Maitri: The Spiritual Dimensions of the Enneagram
Instincts

Sexual 7: Suggestibility.
Sexual Sevens tend to merge with whatever ideas, plans, or people they come into contact with. So they are easily influenced, especially by their partner or someone they are attracted to. The prospect of a relationship with someone sets off their mapping and planning, and the relationship gets projected well into the future, with infinite possibilities appearing just over the horizon. So they are suggestible in the sense of being easily swayed and impacted, as well as in the sense of being easily propelled into myriad fantasies by or about a relationship. The passion of gluttony appears here in the many attractions that Sexual Sevens tend to have and in their difficulty in forming deep, long-term contact with one person.

Self-preservation 7: Family.
Naranjo originally used the term 'family' for Self-preservation Seven. Ichazo's term, defenders, captures a different nuance of the same style: Self-preservation Sevens try to assure their survival through banding together and taking care of others who they feel an affinity or connection with. They become patriarchs, taking care of their extended family. Self-preservation Sevens share the amicability of their Six neighbors, appearing magnanimous, supportive, and fatherly. The passion of gluttony appears here as a hunger for tastes of anything that seems to promise survival, whether ideas, theories, nutritional support, plans to get rich quick, and so on.

Social Seven: Sacrifice
Social Sevens are characterized by relinquishing their personal freedom and aspirations for social ideals. They have a profound sense of obligation toward others and feel that they must sacrifice themselves to fulfill what they see as their responsibilities. Their sacrifices are in the service of a future that they imagine and make plans to realize - a future that promises to give them the sense of belonging, social acceptance, and social standing that they lack. The passion of gluttony manifests here as a hunger for this sense of social ease and for all of the things that they believe will give it to them. Ichazo (per Lilly and Hart) uses the descriptor social limitations and describes this subtype as "predetermining his social activities," which highlights a different nuance of this subtype. It points the Social Seven's tendency to map and plan his

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
then what makes you think you're a 7? (I've questioned your type enough, but I am curious as to why you identify as such)

because I'm not a sensitive, butterfly chasing pacifist? :tongue:
in all seriousness though, you're welcome to share your reasoning, but I know I use Ne and Fi compulsively, so you'll have a hard time convincing me.

you never came off remotely So/Sp to me. So/Sx or Sx/So could both work from our interactions

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]
I should clarify a few things
1) we're talking about 7-ish arrogance. while all 7s are egocentric, not all 7s are arrogant
2) I made 7-ish arrogance sound like it has much more bravado than is usually the case. for the most part, 7-ish arrogance has more to do with a delusional, rosy view of reality
3) 7s are friendly and kind as long as things are pretty much going their way, but they turn into bitches when the rosy view of their perfect world shatters in front of them.
4) 7s are typically generous when doing so will not detriment them significantly. we're not like 5w6 Sp/So :tongue:

I think she's Sx/So or So/Sx. sacrifice is more related to Social 7 than Sexual 7 (though Sexual 7 can make a lot of sacrifices for a relationship. I know pursuit of such as cost me a LOT of money and many stupid decisions)

i can get down with that much better yeah

but no...really not sx/so thought i was at first possibly but to really know me you'd find i'm not very social at all really. and the so description just doesn't fit.
i am only sacrificing in relationships.

i don't know why everyone sees me as sx/so here.

edit: yeah that whole thing you quoted...it says the word sacrifice next to social...but the way it's done and the reasons for doing so are different then the way an sx/sp who is intensely bonded with their partner or family and would do anything for them

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i can get down with that much better yeah
but no...really not sx/so thought i was at first possibly but to really know me you'd find i'm not very social at all really. and the so description just doesn't fit.
i am only sacrificing in relationships.
i don't know why everyone sees me as sx/so here.

fair enough. perhaps it's the 792 tritype that makes you look more So.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fair enough. perhaps it's the 792 tritype that makes you look more So.

sure possibly...or the fact that were talking on an internet forum where i just sprinkle light hearted posts about more often then anything else. haha

did you ever see my video forever ago? i didn't come off as very social there did i?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sure possibly...or the fact that were talking on an internet forum where i just sprinkle light hearted posts about more often then anything else. haha
fair enough. I come off as So/Sp on personality cafe because I basically just Ne mind dump everywhere :laugh: my demeanor on this forum is more like an 8w7 Sx/So for some reason

did you ever see my video forever ago? i didn't come off as very social there did i?
no I didn't. do you have a link?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fair enough. I come off as So/Sp on personality cafe because I basically just Ne mind dump everywhere :laugh: my demeanor on this forum is more like an 8w7 Sx/So for some reason

no I didn't. do you have a link?

oh okay..no i don't think it's still there but yeah my demeanor is more aloof than open...i can be engaging but only if i find you interesting haha otherwise i'm aloof as f@%k

edit: i didn't know this about myself really for years because i was so often around interesting people and was very engaging and genuinely enjoyed people so much...but the majority of people here bore me to tears so i'm not at all social.

edit again: wow that sounds all kinds of bitchy but unfortunately i think it's true for most sx types.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
edit again: wow that sounds all kinds of bitchy but unfortunately i think it's true for most sx types.
it's true both of most Sx doms and most 7s

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On the other hand I would say that E7s are cocky in a charming manner, whereas E3s are egoistical.

"Cocky" is a great adjective for 7s; I think it's where [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]'s coming from about 7s wearing their swagger on their sleeves, and thus, perhaps, being more visible in their self-centeredness than type 3s. I don't know about you, but I tend not to worry too much about whether someone might be turned off by my personality. For example, I'll make extremely sexual jokes in the presence of somebody I just met (provided the circumstances are not professional), and then I'll giggle hysterically at my own comments because I really can't help myself. (Think Craig Ferguson, and the way pretty much everything on The Late Late Show deteriorates into a perv-fest.)

I think 3s are more inclined to concern themselves with first impressions, and would therefore be more likely to hold off on revealing parts of themselves until they've decided it's appropriate. They probably come off as more polished - more widely liked, more universally charming. Sure, there are a lot of people who seem magnetically drawn to my, uh, unique approach to socializing, but I would bet that it rubs just as many the wrong way...and I don't care. I think 3s are more likely to care, possibly a lot.

In my personal experience, 7s might wear a playful self-assuredness on the outside, but it's usually harmless - and that's why I don't really care for the use of the word "narcissistic" to make generalizations about the type. I've seen true, disorder-scale narcissism and it's abusive - very, very damaging, caustic, and scary. It's not fair to label 3s with the word, either, and I know that...but two of the three people I've known with varying degrees of the problem were indeed 3s, and their traits aligned so much more strongly with Elfboy's descriptions of entitled-just-because.

So, basically, my theory is that if we have two unhealthy individuals (one a 7 and one a 3), the 7 would be more outwardly cocky and abrasive whereas the 3 might seem very classy and cool on the outside, yet obsessed with themselves and their images underneath, cutthroat.

On a side note, I don't personally relate to the idea that 7s think everything should just be handed to them. Not at all. I did have a bad childhood, and yeah, I might be trying to compensate for years of misery to some extent, but I still expect to work for what I want. I'm an opportunist, a playmaker. See something you want? Then go for it. But you don't deserve to win if you're not even willing to play the game. :shrug: