First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Lady X
    I should clarify a few things
    1) we're talking about 7-ish arrogance. while all 7s are egocentric, not all 7s are arrogant
    2) I made 7-ish arrogance sound like it has much more bravado than is usually the case. for the most part, 7-ish arrogance has more to do with a delusional, rosy view of reality
    3) 7s are friendly and kind as long as things are pretty much going their way, but they turn into bitches when the rosy view of their perfect world shatters in front of them.
    4) 7s are typically generous when doing so will not detriment them significantly. we're not like 5w6 Sp/So

I think she's Sx/So or So/Sx. sacrifice is more related to Social 7 than Sexual 7 (though Sexual 7 can make a lot of sacrifices for a relationship. I know pursuit of such as cost me a LOT of money and many stupid decisions)
    i can get down with that much better yeah

but no...really not sx/so thought i was at first possibly but to really know me you'd find i'm not very social at all really. and the so description just doesn't fit.
    i am only sacrificing in relationships.

i don't know why everyone sees me as sx/so here.

edit: yeah that whole thing you quoted...it says the word sacrifice next to social...but the way it's done and the reasons for doing so are different then the way an sx/sp who is intensely bonded with their partner or family and would do anything for them
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i can get down with that much better yeah
    but no...really not sx/so thought i was at first possibly but to really know me you'd find i'm not very social at all really. and the so description just doesn't fit.
    i am only sacrificing in relationships.
    i don't know why everyone sees me as sx/so here.
    fair enough. perhaps it's the 792 tritype that makes you look more So.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

fair enough. perhaps it's the 792 tritype that makes you look more So.
    sure possibly...or the fact that were talking on an internet forum where i just sprinkle light hearted posts about more often then anything else. haha

did you ever see my video forever ago? i didn't come off as very social there did i?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

sure possibly...or the fact that were talking on an internet forum where i just sprinkle light hearted posts about more often then anything else. haha
    fair enough. I come off as So/Sp on personality cafe because I basically just Ne mind dump everywhere my demeanor on this forum is more like an 8w7 Sx/So for some reason

did you ever see my video forever ago? i didn't come off as very social there did i?
    no I didn't. do you have a link?
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

fair enough. I come off as So/Sp on personality cafe because I basically just Ne mind dump everywhere my demeanor on this forum is more like an 8w7 Sx/So for some reason

no I didn't. do you have a link?
    oh okay..no i don't think it's still there but yeah my demeanor is more aloof than open...i can be engaging but only if i find you interesting haha otherwise i'm aloof as f@%k

edit: i didn't know this about myself really for years because i was so often around interesting people and was very engaging and genuinely enjoyed people so much...but the majority of people here bore me to tears so i'm not at all social.

edit again: wow that sounds all kinds of bitchy but unfortunately i think it's true for most sx types.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

edit again: wow that sounds all kinds of bitchy but unfortunately i think it's true for most sx types.
    it's true both of most Sx doms and most 7s
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    On the other hand I would say that E7s are cocky in a charming manner, whereas E3s are egoistical.
    "Cocky" is a great adjective for 7s; I think it's where @Elfboy's coming from about 7s wearing their swagger on their sleeves, and thus, perhaps, being more visible in their self-centeredness than type 3s. I don't know about you, but I tend not to worry too much about whether someone might be turned off by my personality. For example, I'll make extremely sexual jokes in the presence of somebody I just met (provided the circumstances are not professional), and then I'll giggle hysterically at my own comments because I really can't help myself. (Think Craig Ferguson, and the way pretty much everything on The Late Late Show deteriorates into a perv-fest.)

I think 3s are more inclined to concern themselves with first impressions, and would therefore be more likely to hold off on revealing parts of themselves until they've decided it's appropriate. They probably come off as more polished - more widely liked, more universally charming. Sure, there are a lot of people who seem magnetically drawn to my, uh, unique approach to socializing, but I would bet that it rubs just as many the wrong way...and I don't care. I think 3s are more likely to care, possibly a lot.

In my personal experience, 7s might wear a playful self-assuredness on the outside, but it's usually harmless - and that's why I don't really care for the use of the word "narcissistic" to make generalizations about the type. I've seen true, disorder-scale narcissism and it's abusive - very, very damaging, caustic, and scary. It's not fair to label 3s with the word, either, and I know that...but two of the three people I've known with varying degrees of the problem were indeed 3s, and their traits aligned so much more strongly with Elfboy's descriptions of entitled-just-because.

So, basically, my theory is that if we have two unhealthy individuals (one a 7 and one a 3), the 7 would be more outwardly cocky and abrasive whereas the 3 might seem very classy and cool on the outside, yet obsessed with themselves and their images underneath, cutthroat.

On a side note, I don't personally relate to the idea that 7s think everything should just be handed to them. Not at all. I did have a bad childhood, and yeah, I might be trying to compensate for years of misery to some extent, but I still expect to work for what I want. I'm an opportunist, a playmaker. See something you want? Then go for it. But you don't deserve to win if you're not even willing to play the game.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~