User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    so in four is pretty intuitive to me: a focus on what I don't have in common with people and groups and on dealing with that for good or ill. sx in three is less easy to put to words, with the type's problems getting in the way of connection and holding off intensity. sp in five, if I think of it as diffuse and very basic, could speak of a unsubtle reliance on reducing activities and contacts when security is at stake. Sound about right?
    More or less what I came up with. You should take a look at what I just posted for Coriolis. It'd be slightly different cause of the stacking, though. I'll work on a description for 3-sx for you.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I'm realizing that the business of stacking order + wing order makes this whole idea not the most scaleable. Will have to think about that.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ive had the same thought about linking e instinctual variants in with our tritype tbh
    What had your thoughts been? I have very mixed feelings about the whole notion of tritypes. I don't not subscribe to them, but I've argued many times that the whole concept guts some of the elegance of the original enneagram theory, especially as a tool for spiritual development.
    I had a thought similar to Amargith's. The utility of tritype seems to be in accounting for all three "centers" (not sure the proper term) - head, heart, and gut. Everyone operates in all three to some degree, much as well all use T, F, N, and S in MBTI parlance. To map the instincts exclusively to someone's core and wings will exclude the role of two of these centers for 3 of the core types, and one center for the rest of the core types. This seems as though it would overlook or exclude an awful lot of what that person is really about. But, I have not fleshed this out at all, so it is just speculation at this point.

Anyways. How'd I do?
    I'm still working on this.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

brainheart

A lot of people say the tritype order/ instinct stacking is crap, but I could definitely see sx/sp 4w5, sp/so 6w7, so/sx 1w2 making sense for me. As far as the wings go for my core type, I think it seems pretty consistent with the sx/sp stacking. In other words, my five wing behaves in a sx/sp fashion, and the my lesser 3 wing behaves in a sx/sp fashion as well.

Enneagram

I think your theory applies to me, as a 6w7 sp/so/sx.

I am a 6 about security/business/material matters. This is the stuff that freaks me out and sends me into a frenzy.

I am very sevenish socially, which is why people often type me as ENFP IRL.

In my intimate relationships, I'm very detached and withdrawn, so I guess that would be 5ish.

Did I do it right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I realized I never provided the promised reply. Here it is.

5-sp - At average levels, this combo would suggest to me that the individual might address the 5s wounding around feeling at ease in the physical world through a sort of strict asceticism. 5-sp suggests an economical mindset that perhaps borders on miserliness that contrasts sharply with the voracious appetite for knowledge. The characteristic e5 trait of utilizing information to exert control over the subject's environment would be strongly emphasized here, making 5-sp something of a "data hoarder". Direct tie between security, self-worth and possession of information. When unhealthy, finding the logically "correct" answer can feel like it's a matter of life and death, driving the subject to self-destructive lengths in their search for truth. When integrated the subject become great teachers. Moving towards others, the 5-sp utilizes same economical mindset to know how to discern how to allocate their considerable wealth of knowledge to the greatest utility of those around them.
    I am definitely not ascetic, though I avoid waste and favor efficiency. I see the sp first most obviously in how specifically and completely I like to control my immediate environment, whether that be my office and lab at work, or my home. A significant part of that control is privacy, which of course is just controlling who has access to these places and information about me. In a sense, then, I can be miserly with information. On professional or public topics, however, I share info freely. I also tend to be materially generous, because I have the means to do so. There may be something to the idea of being a good teacher as well.

6-sx - As I mentioned in my response to skylights, I feel that the second variant carries less "baggage" than the dom instinct. It's energies are of concern without their being a complex around them, so in many ways are expressed more consciously. With 6-sx in the auxiliary position, the native will have a keen--even if unspoken--awareness of the loss of self that is a consequence of true intimacy, and will feel ambivalence around romantic relationships. The ambivalence that the 6-sx feels will manifest as both a high degree of selectivity about their mates, and the stereotypical "testing" to whom 6s frequently subject intimates. In spite of their anxiety, the sx-instinct still fuels the desire for connection, which may cause the subject to test even those who are not of immediate romantic interest as they seek out connection.
    All this is fairly accurate, and applies beyond romantic relationships. As I mentioned in some other thread, I approach most social situations with a sort of cost/benefit analysis: will what I get out of it be worth the energy it takes to participate? I am thus rather selective in socializing, and always put quality over quantity. Deep, intimate connections are the best quality, but I make them with very few people.

4-so - The 4-so blindspot suggests a maverick quality to the individual with no intention on their part to be necessarily defined as such. Finds relief in self-expression, but compartmentalizes artistic identity. Unique without the awareness of what makes them such. Uncomfortable with the notion of fitting in, but as likely to rail against those who conform as those who go out of their way to be viewed as "special".I'd say your pet interest in gender identity probably relates to being 4-so. 4s have a fascinating, intrinsic awareness of the identity as concept. They fool around constantly with the signs to amplify or divert from the signified to express a sort of heightened reality of their own internal state. 4-so would suggest that kind of play would be broaden to a societal scale. Your social experiments at times strike me as much as the workings of a social scientist as a performance artists. Don't mean to get too personal, but I felt it was a pretty on the nose example of what I'm trying to describe here.
    The highlighted is accurate, but I don't understand how the interest in gender fits in. Are you seeing it as a manifestation of this maverick quality? If it helps, a key part of my personal perspective on this is that (1) I cannot be bothered to observe cultural gender constructs, or to go against them for their own sake, I just do what makes sense for me; and (2) I cannot understand why more people do not approach life the same way.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...