User Tag List

First 234

I don't think music is influenced by type. I think it's just an acquired taste in general. For the hell of it, I'm a 4w3 and I find mainly late 80s'/early 90s' shoegaze and dream pop very soothing to listen to. I also have a playlist of mellow songs I listen to when I do yoga. The artists in particular that I love include Slowdive, the Cocteau Twins, Spacemen 3, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Elliott Smith, and many, many more. I also enjoy some prog rock like King Crimson and Genesis and some 60s/70s artists like Syd Barrett. Just to get a general idea, here are some songs I find comforting:

The music I generally listen to is a bit ethereal and melancholy. I guess it could be labeled 4ish. Maybe there is some truth to your theory.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

In general classical music has a calming soothing effect as it helps me get my thoughts straight and compartmentalise. For relaxing and sleeping I like to listen to waves and rain and some chillstep.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

American dollar usually does alright for me.

Ambient, electronic etc..

'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp