• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Tritype 278/782/872

PrettyWoman

MBTI Type
E..P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tritype 278/782/872... so what's that really like? Know any famous examples of that particular tritype? Anyone here of that tritype?

PrettyWoman

MBTI Type
E..P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No-one? Okay, let's google!

I found these:

The Free Spirit, 278
-Caring/Helpful
-Innovative/Loving
-Protective/Straightforward
-You are assertive, funny, and outgoing
-You like to use your charming and sunny disposition to create an upbeat, positive, and action-packed environment.
-You are also very nurturing to those in your circle of care.

278 is the most enthusiastic, joyful. positive and exuberant tritype. They are people focused and aim to please. They must help like the 126 but are their own authority and follow their own muse like the 478. They are gregarious and funny.

2 - 7 - 8 - The Philanthropist
(2)-7-8 - The Aggressive 2
2-(7)-8 - The Power-Seeking 7
2-7-(8) - The Positive 8

Very hardy individual and other-focused. Fun, charming, and sexual. You are also very nurturing to those in your circle of care. Your life mission is to be an instrument of change, transforming difficult situations into moments of inspiration. A true free spirit, you are happiest when you are on the go and helping others to learn to act on their own behalf. Your blind spot is that you can be so focused on keeping everything positive and honest that you can be too aggressive and fail to recognize the importance of difficult emtions. You also keep busy and in motion to avoid painful feelings. Your growing edge is to recognize that you need to always be postivie, upbeat, and free can limit your ability to self reflect and fully be yourself. True happiness and joy come from being present to your higher self and experiencing all of your emotions.

278 for me feels either like the outrageous leopard print wearing mom or the free spirited, aggressive but magical person...if Madonna has 2 in the tritype she'd be 782 I think. (By the way Lila I don't think you are a leopard print mom, lol...but you get the vibe I'm going there with that one).

I think Katherine also calls the 278 tritype the master manipulator, and from the people that have had that tritype I can certainly see that. If Madonna has 2 in the tritype (I think she's a 7 as her core style) than she'd be 782...so they really know how to manipulate a situation/person to get their desired results.

-----

I relate strongly to the 278 stuff I managed to find. I'm kind but also good to get what I want. And I embrace change and stimulation and prefer to focus on the positive.

It was interesting how Madonna was mentioned as an example. I always related to her, she's in my avatar etc! They type her 2: "Yes, we see one of the most controversial people to Type, Madonna, as a 2. Probably 278 Tritype. Highly seductive, becomes what you want, and sells her sexuality....all traits of 2s"
4b9c99e5b626cf9d832e9b41b96e7783.jpg

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rise this thread, rise!!! Ahem, I am likely an 872 otherwise known as the Research Oriented, Friendly and Open Minded 8. I'll make a few Enneagram posts here over the next few days.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am a 278 (or 287?? My head and gut are pretty even stevens).

I don't know many others of this tritype, let alone celebrities.

The word I would use to describe it is conflicted. I am always in a constant state of deciphering my owm actions as they occur.

Maybe it ia because of my sx/so instinct, but I can be very clingy and self-sacricial towards people I really care about. Yet, I can't see it in me to actually admit I care about many people? I know I have feelings, but most of the time, I don't feel them. When I do get emotional, I am very action-oriented. "What can I do? How do I do it? Done." tends to be the theme of my thoughts. If a person that isn't my target of my affection show me the type of dedication and praise I give others, it actually sorta annoys me and I withdraw very easily. Scenarios like that are just... boring. I like chasing down others and tying them up, but to get tied down is a buzzkill just to think about.

I don't like showing weaknesses or being considered incompetent. As akward and semi-cringy as it sounds, I really value the concept of image. To use an analogy, I care about what I broadcast, not about the ratings said broadcast gets.

If you scroll through anything I put on the site, you've probably seen me say "I love people" a thousand and four times. I can't emphasize enough how much I adore the concept of other humans. I love talking to them, listening to them, arguing with them, laughing with them... I know, with all my heart, that people are my calling. Even though I am alone when I weave through cliques and crowds, it's all worth it because I get to meet all sorts of folks along the way.

Loneliness is a consistent thing I experience. Yet, as much as I love to pretend that it's untrue, it's very self inflicted. I avoid and push away those I am familiar with, which often tests my ties with them which further pushes me into the territory of 'alone'. I am always yearning for an extreme reset, because imagine the possibilities. A new place, a new crowd, a new development just out there. Waiting.

Overall, I'm still learning. Sorry if that was too long, but the 278 tritype doesn't have much info circling around online (for free) it seems. In fact, most stuff on "The Humanitarian" is copypasted from one other, which totally sucks because as someone who is only recently gotten a strong grasp on the concept of enneagram and all it encompasses, it would've been nice to have a better guide than the tidbits we are given.

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
278 - The Trickster
The 278 tritype is highly energetic and positive. With a 2 core, it is the most independent 2 (Naranjo's 2 was a sx278, rather than R&H's so269). With a 7 core, it is the most resilient 7. With an 8 core, it is the most friendly 8.
They are aggressive, positive and power-seeking, with a strong impulsive side. They are often ExFP types.
They are freedom-seekers, and try to free others. Freedom is their main value and they fear and hate limitations. They are almost as independent as the 478, but less individualistic and more people-oriented and helpful (but they will not help if ordered to).
On the low side, they are bad at slowing down and obeying rules. Their rebellious nature causes them to break social norms, but their 2 component holds them back. This does not stop them from being funny, and comedy is a common area for 278s.
Although the trickster archetype has been associated with the 479, it is probably more appropriate for the 278.
They are probably the sunniest tritype, except possibly the 379.
Cool, energetic and resilient, the 278 is the embodiment of 😎.

Nawraa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tritype 278/782/872... so what's that really like? Know any famous examples of that particular tritype? Anyone here of that tritype?
I'm a 2w3 8w9 7w8
SX/SO

Sunny42

Enneagram
I recently figured out I’m a 278, or 287. Merced, I identify with most of what you say, especially always wanting a change or new experiences. I’m also conflicted. I’m a very strong person inwardly but can appear shy or low key; however I’m restless and straightforward. For those who make the leopard print comment—that’s funny but I hate wearing that. I’m a 2 at my core, so I’d rather blend in initially. I actually dress casually or classically. Maybe if they’re a 7 or 8 at their core they might look more like Madonna or wear leopard print 😆. (Actually I heard Madonna is a SX 6). Before I thought I was 271, but 278 makes more sense. I have no problem confronting people if I think it will help matters. I’m enthusiastic and overall very positive although I can be negative, but only show negativity to my closest people. I’m actually pretty guarded but can be goofy or blunt. Rules are not that important to me. I love a challenge and live for them. I’m definitely vey independent and my personal freedom is a priority. Always has been. So the 8 in me is independent and strives to be free, but the 2 in me often covers that side up to be pleasing and amicable with others, and I’m compassionate and giving. So there’s inner conflict all the time. And the 7 in me tries to avoid painful feelings and always needs new stimulation. I exhaust myself sometimes lol! I’ve always followed my own muse. Knowing my tritype has helped to explain a lot about myself.

Last edited:

Sunny42

Enneagram
I am a 278 (or 287?? My head and gut are pretty even stevens).

I don't know many others of this tritype, let alone celebrities.

The word I would use to describe it is conflicted. I am always in a constant state of deciphering my owm actions as they occur.

Maybe it ia because of my sx/so instinct, but I can be very clingy and self-sacricial towards people I really care about. Yet, I can't see it in me to actually admit I care about many people? I know I have feelings, but most of the time, I don't feel them. When I do get emotional, I am very action-oriented. "What can I do? How do I do it? Done." tends to be the theme of my thoughts. If a person that isn't my target of my affection show me the type of dedication and praise I give others, it actually sorta annoys me and I withdraw very easily. Scenarios like that are just... boring. I like chasing down others and tying them up, but to get tied down is a buzzkill just to think about.

I don't like showing weaknesses or being considered incompetent. As akward and semi-cringy as it sounds, I really value the concept of image. To use an analogy, I care about what I broadcast, not about the ratings said broadcast gets.

If you scroll through anything I put on the site, you've probably seen me say "I love people" a thousand and four times. I can't emphasize enough how much I adore the concept of other humans. I love talking to them, listening to them, arguing with them, laughing with them... I know, with all my heart, that people are my calling. Even though I am alone when I weave through cliques and crowds, it's all worth it because I get to meet all sorts of folks along the way.

Loneliness is a consistent thing I experience. Yet, as much as I love to pretend that it's untrue, it's very self inflicted. I avoid and push away those I am familiar with, which often tests my ties with them which further pushes me into the territory of 'alone'. I am always yearning for an extreme reset, because imagine the possibilities. A new place, a new crowd, a new development just out there. Waiting.

Overall, I'm still learning. Sorry if that was too long, but the 278 tritype doesn't have much info circling around online (for free) it seems. In fact, most stuff on "The Humanitarian" is copypasted from one other, which totally sucks because as someone who is only recently gotten a strong grasp on the concept of enneagram and all it encompasses, it would've been nice to have a better guide than the tidbits we are given.
Hi! I’m 278 or 287 and relate/identify with most of this!