• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] If your type was a serial killer, what kind of serial killer would you be?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well first, people develop the brain of a serial killer at a very young age, and only certain Enneagram types seem to match the genetics which are at risk to this. I would love to have a discussion about this, if you want me to make another thread or if you would like to hear it here. Otherwise, being a Four and raised in a somewhat healthy home, I wouldn't make a successful serial killer, although I have at times desired it. So here would be my style in case you want to raise red flags against me. :( Oh well it's all for fun.

I would go after every man who even looked at me the wrong way, but I would have mercy. I would save my more serious aggression for some men who just pissed me off bad, and then the ruthless serious aggression for two men in particular, although at this stage feeling much better I don't really care to do it. But let's pretend I was back in the heat of being on the floor in anger. I would do what that one serial killer truck driver did and slowly choke them over and over again and laugh the whole time. Each time they choked, I would let up as soon as they pass out and then do it again and repeat the process until the end. And that is how I would do it. But I never had the #$@%@ to even truly want to do something like that. I can just remember back to when I was really hurt and having these thoughts. Plus, I couldn't handle the mess afterwards. That is disgusting. Apparently bodies make a foul mess after death. I wouldn't want anything to do with that.

I hope I am not condoning this kind of behavior. I am just being honest about real human emotion. You are not considering this are you?

Considering what? It's a hypothetical scenario where I was interested in how people think if their pathology is pushed to the extreme, how would it shape their methods of killing people? It's a fun thought-experiment like how I can imagine 2s being abductors and try to force their victims to confess their love to them because they are so magnaminous and provide food and shelter or whatever (on their torture-ish terms), but when they realize the victim doesn't actually love them they kill their victim and go for the next one.

Your response is pretty good. I can imagine 4s, most likely sx 4s, being like the jealous lover who is going revenge all those she sees has taken that which she sees is rightfully hers, so it's kind of like revenge-theme involved. Basically, the point of this thread is me trying to understand how some of the enneagram motivations work because this becomes the most apparent when pushed to the extreme.

Also, why must serial killers be 5-8 or 8-5?

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Considering what? It's a hypothetical scenario where I was interested in how people think if their pathology is pushed to the extreme, how would it shape their methods of killing people? It's a fun thought-experiment like how I can imagine 2s being abductors and try to force their victims to confess their love to them because they are so magnaminous and provide food and shelter or whatever (on their torture-ish terms), but when they realize the victim doesn't actually love them they kill their victim and go for the next one.

Your response is pretty good. I can imagine 4s, most likely sx 4s, being like the jealous lover who is going revenge all those she sees has taken that which she sees is rightfully hers, so it's kind of like revenge-theme involved. Basically, the point of this thread is me trying to understand how some of the enneagram motivations work because this becomes the most apparent when pushed to the extreme.

Also, why must serial killers be 5-8 or 8-5?

Uhhh... considering doing these things... But now I see where you are coming form. Whew!

Thanks for your response. I was sort of proud of it, but thought people would be repulsed and angry.

I don't think they have to be a 5 and 8, but I think they have to at least be an Eight, and I think the more of other certain types in their personality can create more risk. This neuropsychiatrist explains it good in the video. He doesn't talk about the Enneagram, but he talks about personality characteristics which seem to describe some Enneagram types to a T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx8RxRn6dWU

And yes, I have this issue, with what I see is rightfully mine.

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some experts say that serial killers are so pathetically alike that it's almost boring; there's a pathological pattern, they cannot form intimacy with real living people, so the killing experience is like...intimacy for them. A really sociopathic narcissistic self-absorbed psychotic intimacy, because they feel a sense of power over and therefore "connection" with their victims, and that's why there are often lingering sexual implications with things like corpses being raped, or keeping body parts, or making women's clothing out of the skin, and so forth.

Of course there are variations, but they're really tortured lonely people, who apparently feel less alone by murdering people. That's all the sense I can make out of it."

I agree with you. And I think one reason for this extreme attempt at intimacy is not only because of their inability to connect, but also because they have an overactive amygdala along with a weak temporal and frontal lobe. Basically an underdeveloped Type 8. I believe Type 8s have a strong amygdala, which is your pleasure area; sex, food, etc., but with a healthy, loving childhood the rest of the brain developed to keep it under control. So this causes them to go to extremes to keep their amygdala stimulated. Psychopaths have a high drive to stimulate their selves.

Ultimately, I think what causes it, is a Type 8 person with an EXTREME lack of bonding in childhood. There has been some work done showing that when children are left in a crib all day, their ability to bond never develops or doesn't develop well, which I believe your physical brain development suffers from it. When I look at the well-known serial killers, you can see it when they talk; they look dead, dark, and depressed inside and don't appear to look like they are connecting with who they talk to. You have to pay close attention though, because I think your first normal human tendency is to try to see good in them. It's really fascinating to me. I think Dahmer for some reason was the only one I ever watched who seemed to be somewhat honest about his issue. He was pretty up front about his condition. He even said he would do it again if he was let out, which most serial killers still deny wrongdoings years after being caught. But I think that's the difference between him and someone like Bundy, is that Bundy is mixed with Type 3, I think making him less regrettable and even more deceitful and I believe he was manipulating until the day he died. Dahmer, appeared to have guilt; I don't think in any kind of concerning or loving way for his victims at all, just guilt about who he was, and he was mixed with Type 5.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree with you. And I think one reason for this extreme attempt at intimacy is not only because of their inability to connect, but also because they have an overactive amygdala along with a weak temporal and frontal lobe. Basically an underdeveloped Type 8. I believe Type 8s have a strong amygdala, which is your pleasure area; sex, food, etc., but with a healthy, loving childhood the rest of the brain developed to keep it under control. So this causes them to go to extremes to keep their amygdala stimulated. Psychopaths have a high drive to stimulate their selves.

Yeah I wrote a paper for a criminal psych class about how how people who are true sociopaths actually handle stress really well, they have higher seratonin than the average person. I guess low seratonin makes you a depressed, weepy doormat and over-much seratonin makes you a pathological, heartless killer...but apparently sociopaths function well in the military for this reason, they have lower incidents of PTSD from things like being in war zones because of their extreme seratonin-induced calm, so this is probably how the trait evolved to be actually favorable within humanity, that these men probably made excellent warriors and vikings.

However, even now they end up causing problems in the military EVENTUALLY...their true nature always ends up causing problems in the long-run, though early on they seem almost seem too good to be true as soldiers. Because they are.

So I believe you when you say this has something to do with the brain, and even enneagram personality correlation.

Ultimately, I think what causes it, is a Type 8 person with an EXTREME lack of bonding in childhood. There has been some work done showing that when children are left in a crib all day, their ability to bond never develops or doesn't develop well, which I believe your physical brain development suffers from it. When I look at the well-known serial killers, you can see it when they talk; they look dead, dark, and depressed inside and don't appear to look like they are connecting with who they talk to. You have to pay close attention though, because I think your first normal human tendency is to try to see good in them. It's really fascinating to me. I think Dahmer for some reason was the only one I ever watched who seemed to be somewhat honest about his issue. He was pretty up front about his condition. He even said he would do it again if he was let out, which most serial killers still deny wrongdoings years after being caught. But I think that's the difference between him and someone like Bundy, is that Bundy is mixed with Type 3, I think making him less regrettable and even more deceitful and I believe he was manipulating until the day he died. Dahmer, appeared to have guilt; I don't think in any kind of concerning or loving way for his victims at all, just guilt about who he was, and he was mixed with Type 5.

Yeah Bundy seems more like a psychotic 3w2. If you look at the health levels of 3w2, the lowest possible level of health is the nice guy next door who has bodies in his basement.

Interesting theory you have though.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cereal-killer-cereal-killer-sugar-demotivational-poster-1259013505.jpg

Dying Acedia

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pyromania for sure.

Burn everything down. Bunch of nameless victims that are easily forgetten.

Global destruction out of undirectional anger (9).

S

Society

you know, there is this whole theory that corporations are psychopaths because psychopaths run the world... and considering most CEOs are NTs, with INTJs & then ENTPs at the majority if i remember correctly...

it's quite possible we already are :newwink:

R

Riva

If i'm serial killer i'd be a sniper or a bomber. I would keep my distance because I feel faitish (lose the nerve) when I see blood. I wonder what the reason behind this is? I should refer google. Hmm.. In the future I feel that there will be well googled men, not well read.

Daenera

Rogue heart
My disintegration point being 2 I would probably find a partner in crime, Bonnie and Clyde style.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
I don't know, I've never thought about it. Probably would into assasinations.

PrettyWoman

MBTI Type
E..P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would probably just crack people up :rotfl:

G

garbage

As a 3 -- some sort of charismatic cult leader who gets everyone else to drink Kool-Aid? I think that's how typology works, anyway.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Robin Hood style. I'd seduce greedy assholes to get my name in the will, make them disappear in the night, and then donate their wealth to my favorite charities. Unfortunately, I'd probably get too emotionally close to them, and end up not being able to kill them. So I'd spend the rest of my life trying to persuade them to become better people instead.

Serial killer fail. :(

Melmacian

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd take hostage of some innocent 5-ish medical researchers and force them to develop a zombie virus.
While i work for the nsa and can watch the world desperatly fighting for survival.

Lark

While I've come to like Dexter's MO more over time I used to like the idea of a character like Lector, how he was able to through merely speaking to people pose such a threat.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Robin Hood style. I'd seduce greedy assholes to get my name in the will, make them disappear in the night, and then donate their wealth to my favorite charities. Unfortunately, I'd probably get too emotionally close to them, and end up not being able to kill them. So I'd spend the rest of my life trying to persuade them to become better people instead.

Serial killer fail. :(

Haha this is perfect.

Sunny Ghost

The first one would have to be in the heat of the moment. :pandarage:

All consecutive kills would be to cover my trail. :unsure:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
It is believed by me and a typologist that I've spoken with, that I am most likely an INFJ. However, my enneagram is still being debated [mostly within my own mind]. I might be a 5. I might be a 3 and I might be a 9. I am leaning toward a 9.

I would want to work alone and would probably remain detached and wouldn't leave any kind of trail or calling card. I wouldn't be the kind of killer who needs fanfare [in fact, I would gladly allow someone else to claim credit for my work:).] If I took up such a hobby, it would be because I had a legitimate purpose in doing so; I'd be a vigilante of sorts, which means that I would lead a double life.

Perhaps, like, [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION], I would go the snipper route, or maybe a pressure point induced heart attack or stroke. Possibly, I would use some centry removal techniques and simply snap their neck and walk away. Maybe I would iron palm the kidneys or the heart. Whatever method I chose it would be the most efficient and effective for the target and the situation.

R

Riva

It is believed by me and a typologist that I've spoken with, that I am most likely an INFJ. However, my enneagram is still being debated [mostly within my own mind]. I might be a 5. I might be a 3 and I might be a 9. I am leaning toward a 9.

I would want to work alone and would probably remain detached and wouldn't leave any kind of trail or calling card. I wouldn't be the kind of killer who needs fanfare [in fact, I would gladly allow someone else to claim credit for my work:).] If I took up such a hobby, it would be because I had a legitimate purpose in doing so; I'd be a vigilante of sorts, which means that I would lead a double life.

Perhaps, like, [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION], I would go the snipper route, or maybe a pressure point induced heart attack or stroke. Possibly, I would use some centry removal techniques and simply snap their neck and walk away. Maybe I would iron palm the kidneys or the heart. Whatever method I chose it would be the most efficient and effective for the target and the situation.

Jesus Christ woman keep me out of this. I was only joking about wanting to be a sniper. You however seem to have a lot of repressed feelings going inside that weird NF head of yours. And to be this elaborate?

:tongue: