• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] If your type was a serial killer, what kind of serial killer would you be?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
watchmen_rorschach.jpg

^ This guy.

(Well, probably an ISTJ 1, not an ESTJ 1. But I know for sure that I'd be like that if my moral code warped itself around and I decided to start killing people.)

Edit: Either way, I'd kill for moral reasons that I truly 100% believed. I likely would have a small element of ritual in there, just to show that there was "karmic payback" as I perceived it in the person's death. (Not for my own personal glory, because I'd perceive the whole endeavor as For The Greater Good.)

Another edit: I'm going off of the "killer" vs. "serial killer" distinction that Marm made. I recognize that you couldn't call Rorschach a serial killer.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Doesn't the premise kind of assume total sociopathy? "I'm a serial killer but I'm still a good guy" is strictly a fictional convention for a reason.
I honestly don't think it's possible for a 'total sociopath' to be E5. Perhaps sociopaths aren't supposed to be typed in first place, but I'll leave that open.

It's also possible to interpret "people who make the world a worse place to live in" in a twisted way. Like, people who contribute to make human life less sustainable by over consuming resources - and that means pretty much everyone. A vegan sociopath might wanna restrict the killing spree to meat consumers.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
310x229_boondock_saints.jpg

Attachments

• 310x229_boondock_saints.jpg
    310x229_boondock_saints.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 0

Vergil

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I was a serial killer, I'd be Kira (Light Yagami minus the battle with L and everything) from Death Note. :p

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My personal style however would be more poison and Black Widow oriented :coffee:
Back to spiders, I see.

I think that being an INTP - went mad - is a very bad association :p We are 'sycopaths' in those circumstances and thus, we would be able to be merciless and dreadful.

5w6 - a theorizer/problem solver. Because he has to be so ingenious in certain ways - then we can be ingenious with a way of killing people too.
An INTJ in similar straits wouldn't be much better.

I honestly don't think it's possible for a 'total sociopath' to be E5. Perhaps sociopaths aren't supposed to be typed in first place, but I'll leave that open.
Some people think e5s are sociopaths by definition.

I'm assuming if I went mad, I would no longer be deliberately controlling my actions, meaning I cannot predict them now. If forced to kill, I like to think I would be able to find some clever way out of it, hopefully taking out those trying to force me into it ("You wanted me to kill: you got it, just with a slight change of target!") This leaves the situation in which I would choose to kill, and to do so serially. The most obvious motivation I can see for that is revenge, taking everyone out in a gang that killed my family, for instance.

It would have to be meticulously planned and efficiently conducted. This means while the preparations might take quite some time, the actual killing would be quick and clean. I would endeavor to make each killing look different but relatively unremarkable, so they could not be connected readily and would arouse minimal suspicion: different methods, locations, degree of cleanup, etc. A shabby guy stabbed in a park known for muggings is just another victim in the wrong place at the wrong time. There would be no signatures, no unnecessary mutilation, no trophies - all as under the radar as it can be.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^I prefer using webs to entangle my prey with. Im not one for getting blood on my hands or clothes :wink:

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Some experts say that serial killers are so pathetically alike that it's almost boring; there's a pathological pattern, they cannot form intimacy with real living people, so the killing experience is like...intimacy for them. A really sociopathic narcissistic self-absorbed psychotic intimacy, because they feel a sense of power over and therefore "connection" with their victims, and that's why there are often lingering sexual implications with things like corpses being raped, or keeping body parts, or making women's clothing out of the skin, and so forth.

Of course there are variations, but they're really tortured lonely people, who apparently feel less alone by murdering people. That's all the sense I can make out of it.

I think the question should be more like "what kind of killer would you be."

I think that this theory does not apply to all serial killers. Because not every single one is the same. It would be ridiculous too, that every serial killer seeks intimacy. It could be the other way round too - a spoiled brat who is sick of being 'cuddled' and seeks a bit of distance with a combination of a trauma ans bad experiences and so on, and thus: gone crazy.

It would be very black-white to just label the serial killers 'humans who seek intimacy in a sick way'.
Put some grayscale on it.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I took this thread to mean..If your type (as in your gf/bf) were a serial killer (and, ostensibly were going to attempt to kill you) what kind of serial killer would you be (to fight them away).

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Some experts say that serial killers are so pathetically alike that it's almost boring; there's a pathological pattern, they cannot form intimacy with real living people, so the killing experience is like...intimacy for them. A really sociopathic narcissistic self-absorbed psychotic intimacy, because they feel a sense of power over and therefore "connection" with their victims, and that's why there are often lingering sexual implications with things like corpses being raped, or keeping body parts, or making women's clothing out of the skin, and so forth.

Of course there are variations, but they're really tortured lonely people, who apparently feel less alone by murdering people. That's all the sense I can make out of it.

I think the question should be more like "what kind of killer would you be."

Eh, I think it's hard to argue Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Ed Gein all had the same basic motive.

Many criminologists think there are a few different "styles" of killer. Here's a few I found pretty quickly when trying to refresh my memory on this:

Visionary- Generally someone with major breaks from reality that make them either feel they aren't responsible or have a duty from some other power to kill. David Berkowitz, who thought the devil was commanding him to kill, was this type. Norman Bates is a pop culture example that probably fits here.

Mission-oriented- Someone who wants to better the world by getting rid of certain institutions or people. That Dorner guy who was in the news recently might qualify, or maybe the Unabomber. Manson family is kinda a blend of this and the first type. The killer from Seven might be a pop-culture take.

Hedonistic- this has three subcategories but is probably most common:
1. Lust- A lot of rapist/killers are this, but some probably fit into another category or mix with another category. Probably they are otherwise sexually unfulfilled and simply can't control their desires.
2. Thrill- Pretty self-explanatory. Killing is fun like skydiving or the way a hunter likes hunting. Someone like Charles Starkweather obvious applies, but more "traditional" serial killers have listed this a major motive.
3. Comfort- Basically killing for money or some other kind of tangible profit. Hitmen or black widows or things like that.

Power/Control- This is where most other rapist killers come in, but the sex would more be a way of showing control than about getting off. It'd be a safe bet that torturers who don't necessarily sexually abuse their victims might fit here. A lot of folks think Ted Bundy, who was considered pretty attractive and had a string of girlfriends and probably a decent sex life outside of his killings, fits here.

Media- People who kill and then, say, send in letters to attract widespread media attention. Jack the Ripper or the Zodiac or BTK probably fit here (though maybe with elements of some others, like thrill killers).

I mentioned Ed Gein, but I'm not sure he fits any of these. He seems closest to the first, but I'd say his mental and emotional development was so stunted he basically just didn't fully understand the implications of his actions. More like a general type of severe disorder or disability.

I'd call those motivations pretty diverse. Many of them are basically the same motivations normal people have for other things in life. I dunno if it's insane to guess, if your normal restrictions of morality were unshackled or your mental state was a bit more unstable, which is most likely to be the one that rages most out of control.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I took this thread to mean..If your type (as in your gf/bf) were a serial killer (and, ostensibly were going to attempt to kill you) what kind of serial killer would you be (to fight them away).

No. This is about if you were a serial killer, how would your methods relate to your type and why?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm attracted to these threads, but I'm always hesitant to post my thoughts in them. I... might come back later. I want to post, but I think some thought might be a good idea here.

I just realized I don't know what I'm talking about. I've never given any thought to anything like this, and any implication I make which would suggest otherwise is just part of an elaborate facade to make up for insecurity.

Sorry, [MENTION=9766]Juice[/MENTION]

:)

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Well, type 8 is the Sadistic Personality, which is associated with Lust, Vengeance and the pathology of Sociopathy/Antisocial personality, which translates to having no empathy, guilt or shame. This might be a little too easy... :violin:

But if I were a killer, I'd want to feel the person's flesh. Ideally I'd kill with my bare hands, though a pair of kukris would give me enough power without removing me entirely from the situation. I think it's cowardice that leads a person to want to kill with a gun, and while I would do this in order to save my own life, it is not a situation I'd fantasize about. In my dirtiest fighting fantasies, my whole body is in it. I'm using two kukris and slaying an entire army limb by limb. I'm feeling their flesh close to me. If you can't feel it, and there's no challenge or adversity, then there's no real triumph. This is unsatisfying. What I'd lust and thirst for, if I were a killer, would be a world without guns; a world where my own body and adrenaline and instincts and reactions and motion counted for everything. It's always going to be about who has the better weapon, to a degree; but I'd choose a modest pair of kukris and carry it with me everywhere, if I were a warrior in a fantasy world. This way I've got a weapon that makes me powerful, but requires major martial arts skills and strength to use properly, so it's real strength that I earned with my blood, sweat, tears, and flesh, rather than some powerful weapon I just "bought" with my money. Kukris are not huge, so they would force me to be close to the kill, which is much more satisfying, and much more of an adrenaline rush, than holding some long sword in front of me, or shooting some bow and arrow from behind a tree and then running away. If I'm going so far as to kill someone, let's make it about lust and satisfying a carnal urge. Let's make it about putting my own life on the line, so I feel the rush of triumph. Let's keep it real, so that I'm aware of what I'm killing, so I can feel the warmth leave their body, so I can do this with my eyes open and face up to reality. That is the only way I could be turned on if I were a serial killer. And ideally, I'd be more of a warrior than a serial killer, at least in my own mind. I'd be fighting for some cause, like killing rapists or murderers, killing animal abusers, or killing off politicians or dictators that I felt were dangerous. Or better yet, let it be a matter that is personal to me, like avenging my sister's death, or killing the politicians in a country where the love of my life is being tortured. This way the rage and vengeance can flow through me and the adrenaline can really pump, and I'll have something worth fighting for. If that were the case, I imagine I would never lose.

Damn, that felt good. :devil:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha you would make this thread!

But if I were to be one (not in this lifetime), I'd use the bloodiest method possible. But no explosives, just swords, axes, and other kinds of sharp things that you can hack limbs and chop heads off with.

But how does it relate to 9? ;)

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
But how does it relate to 9? ;)

I'm not sure. Lol. It's probably just be doing things for the hell of it because I probably stopped caring about things completely and things like life don't mean anything? Idk.

Passive aggression that builds up over years? =p

No. It would work best with people I have no history or attachments to. That makes it less real.
Duh. :)

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Being a Four and raised in a somewhat healthy home, I wouldn't make a successful serial killer, although I have at times desired it. So here would be my style in case you want to raise red flags against me. :( Oh well it's all for fun.

I would go after every man who even looked at me the wrong way, but I would have mercy. I would save my more serious aggression for some men who just pissed me off bad, and then the ruthless serious aggression for two men in particular, although at this stage feeling much better I don't really care to do it. But let's pretend I was back in the heat of being on the floor in anger. I would do what that one serial killer truck driver did and slowly choke them over and over again and laugh the whole time. Each time they choked, I would let up as soon as they pass out and then do it again and repeat the process until the end. And that is how I would do it. But I never had the #$@%@ to even truly want to do something like that. I can just remember back to when I was really hurt and having these thoughts. Plus, I couldn't handle the mess afterwards. That is disgusting. Apparently bodies make a foul mess after death. I wouldn't want anything to do with that.

I hope I am not condoning this kind of behavior. I am just being honest about real human emotion. You are not considering this are you?

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
From what I have seen, most serial killers are the combination of 8 and 5. Some are a little 3 or 4. Ted Bundy was a 3-8-7. Richard Ramirez, I can't tell, but he seemed a bit of a 4. Jeffrey Dahmer was either 5-8 or 8-5, I think he was the creepiest. But I have also have seen some unusually unhealthy Eight's look strikingly like Fives, so maybe that pronounces some of the Five.