• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you had to be an Enneagram Type other than your own, Which would it be?

If you had to be an Enneagram Core other than your own, Which would it be?

• 1w9

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 1w2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w1

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 4w3

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 4w5

• 5w4

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 5w6

• 6w5

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 6w7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7w6

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • 7w8

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • 8w7

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • 8w9

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:shrug:

It's just the way that the system works. You can't get the gift without the wound.

I know, but I would probably end up with 5 children anyway as a potential 5 parent because I'm kind of phobic of children really. They're one of the few things in this universe that boggles my mind more than anything else. Nevermind how I'd feel that they are stealing your time and energy...

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know, but I would probably end up with 5 children anyway as a potential 5 parent because I'm kind of phobic of children really. They're one of the few things in this universe that boggles my mind more than anything else. Nevermind how I'd feel that they are stealing your time and energy...

I hope you have nothing but girls who absolutely wrap their 5w4 papa around their little finger. You'll be dressed up for tea time, grumbling to yourself about how everyone knows that teddy bears absolutely do not need extra biscuits, and have no clue where things went "wrong" for you. :laugh:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
7w8 is in the lead?

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Who DOESN'T like 7's?

Not gonna lie though. Being 8 is pretty friggin sweet. I suppose I'd be willing to be a 4. I also wish I was a girl so I wouldn't have to put forth any effort into meeting the opposite sex. Was that too much info?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) What is your enneagram core type and tritype?
4w5, and while I don't care much about tritype, 468.

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)
I'm going to buck the trend: 8w7 (GASP). Eight seems to be the reactive type that has the easiest time backing up their intensity as a way of life.

3) If you could imagine an ideal SO, what enneagram type would he or she be?
Six! Wings don't matter much at this level, but 6w5 if I must pick a winner. I've gotten along very peaceably with a 6w7 who was considered difficult by everyone else around him. I was raised by a 6w5 and remain close. Though circumstances prohibited hilariously with one 6w5 I met, it was with him that I first discovered the type of person I could be around indefinitely.

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?
I will not have a child, but may adopt one. If choosing the child's type were both reasonable and a thing, then this is the easiest question of all: 4, either wing. I want to give a four a home where his feelings are not too much.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hope you have nothing but girls who absolutely wrap their 5w4 papa around their little finger. You'll be dressed up for tea time, grumbling to yourself about how everyone knows that teddy bears absolutely do not need extra biscuits, and have no clue where things went "wrong" for you. :laugh:

Lol I hope not!

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8

9w8-6w5-3w-whatever the fuck.

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)

Let's see. I'm not sure about this one. I'd like to be a 7w8 because it would probably help me understand type 7 much better than I do.

I'm not very picky. I guess I'd like a 3w2. I'm a sucker for charm and ambition, plus I'd have an active example of the positive traits of 3. Great for integrating.

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?

Again I really don't care. But I'd probably go with a 5w6 because we wouldn't clash much.

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
7w8

Just a smiling girl. It attracts me a lot. (not in a way of love-attraction, but an envy :p)

I don't know about core types and so on. But I am a 5w6

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I also wish I was a girl so I wouldn't have to put forth any effort into meeting the opposite sex.

I used to let guys pursue me. My father told me that the best guys pursue, and the best women get pursued. That made sense to me: weakness is a turn-off. So, I'd stalk with my eyes, and a man would come to me and think it was his idea. If he didn't have the balls to pursue me, then nothing would happen.

However over time I realized I was dating one aggressive jerk after another, and the guys I liked best were more intellectual and shy and "respectful." On top of that, it went against my very nature to want something and not to go after it in a very direct manner. Over time I ended up going after what I want directly and boldly. Now, I end up in relationships that actually work for me because I end up with men who respect my strength and boldness (in other words, who like me for who I really am) , and who have a dynamic that "works" with mine. Too much braun in one relationship is not a good idea.

So if you were female and an 8, you might end up pursuing regardless. I say, screw society's notions of what it means to be an alpha female, or a female at all. I'm in charge of my destiny, and I get what I want. :devil:

Vergil

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No takers for 2? :D

sad

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
so/sp e54 and e521, specifically e54-23-19.

I think nothing beats being an e5, particularly as a cold-blooded nf who enjoys rapport with a wide range of other mbti types (intps, intjs, infjs, entps, istps, istjs). So though we feel like tumbleweeds individually, the ability to imagine one perceives the entire picture while maintaining freedom of creative action by means of research, bolstered by warm communication and collaboration supplies me with faith that, in the end, we'll all be singing kumbaya hand-in-hand on the live-giving sun, as sp/so and sx/sp 5s offer their silent support. We believe in ourselves and our community of choice to take chances that inch us closer to this goal.

"Watch me do my thing. Right now I feel so good inside, doin' what I want."

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
6-1-2

2, because I'd be more motivated to get out and help people.

2, because I want to be smothered. :D

But *only* healthy levels of 2. An even greater hero complex would not be fun. Nor would being in a relationship with one.

I don't want a child in the first place. I can't imagine what I'd want in one.

PrettyWoman

MBTI Type
E..P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I'm 7, if not 7 then 2. I'd assume both belong to my tritype. No idea of the rest.

2w3 :wubbie:

Someone passionate, intense, mentally quick and open-minded. If not my own type then maybe 8w7 or 6w7.

Someone to have awesome time with! :D Well, if I indeed can choose, let's say 2, 6, 7, 8 or 9 then.

In both questions 3) and 4) I'd be less inclined to choose types 1, 3, 4, 5. 1s are rarely satisfied with things and I hate negativity. 3s seem way too work and result oriented to make a happy match with me. 4s are also too negative for me. 5s are not even nearly expressive enough to satisfy me. I might add to this list also 6s because of the pessimism and 9s because of the lack of passion. Very stereotype oriented approach here.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooo...I voted awhile ago but never filled out the details!

4w5, I don't know my tritype (or if I think that's even valid).

5 or 8

7 or 8

1 or 6 maybe?