• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you had to be an Enneagram Type other than your own, Which would it be?

If you had to be an Enneagram Core other than your own, Which would it be?

• 1w9

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 1w2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w1

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 4w3

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 4w5

• 5w4

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 5w6

• 6w5

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 6w7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7w6

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • 7w8

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • 8w7

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • 8w9

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
1) What is your enneagram core type and tritype?

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)

3) If you could imagine an ideal SO, what enneagram type would he or she be?

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?

- Please do not answer "I like the person not the type" - this is a game. :)

- Feel free to elaborate on WHY you chose the type that you chose for any or all of the answers.

- Feel free to succumb to stereotypes - this is a game!

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
8wX-5w6-4w3

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)
3w4. I could potentially retain my vanity, ruthlessness and goal focus, but I could potentially be more sensitive to others, sexy, socially conscious, and rich. Muahaha.

There are two archetypes I've always fallen for in real men as well as fiction:
- tragic romantic byronic hero type, who I would place at 2w3
- book nerd/ scientist type with a hidden wild side (especially in the bedroom), who I would place at 5w4.

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?
Probably 1w9. I'd be hard pressed to figure out why any parent would *not* want a perfectionist for a child? I also tend to get along well with 1s and feel like we "get each other" yet have a lot to offer one another.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5w6 3w4 9w?

6w5. Their weaknesses seem to be the most manageable, somehow. Perhaps because the world is full of them.

5w4 sx/sp. Similar, but not so much.

9w1. They have simple needs and don't demand much attention. Probably the most cat-like type.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
5w4, 5-1-4 or 5-4-9

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be?
7w8. Just because they're awesome.

9, 4

4 or 7

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Core 5; tritype 5(wB) 9(w8?) 2(w3)

7, of the w8 or w6 variety. I voted w8 but I'd take either.

I have an ideal SO?

2, for purposes of awesome and tormenting someone in particular... and I like 'em 2w1.

Vergil

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1w9 sx/sp - 5w6 - 4w3

7w6 - my point of integration, most likely.. :)
I would love to be 5w6, but I think I would be very alone like that.. :p

I don't think I have one yet.

Not really sure... =/

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's a tie between 7w8 or 2w1.

Nicki

Retired
3w2 so/sx - 1w2 - 7w6

Hmm probably 5w6. It seems like an interesting type to be.

Probably 2w1

9w8, definitely not an 8

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
9w8, definitely not an 8

Wise choice. =)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I voted 7w8 like pretty much everyone else did.

Adventurous action along with extreme enthusiasm seem to be desirable traits.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

6w5, 8dw, 3w4

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be?

I think the only one I would really want to be is 9w8. You get the peaceful nature of a 9, but with a bit of the bad ass edge of an 8.

Other potential types could be 5w6 (similar to what I already am), 3w4, and perhaps any of 7w8/8w7/8w9.

9w8 is the only one I'd prefer to be over my current type, which is fitting, as its my integration point.

As difficult as being a 6 can be, if we can be healthy, I think we're pretty awesome.

5w6 could potentially rival 6w5, but the others I put do not, really.

Tough one.

I've figured for a while now that 9s and 2s would probably work best for me. Not sure when it comes to 9w8 vs 9w1 (actually, probably 9w1 [even though I don't like 1s much]), nor 2w3 vs 2w1 (actually, probably 2w3 [even though I don't like 3s much]). When I say it like that, tho, the 9w1 seems like it would be a real frickin relationship. Like, that shit would be mad bonded. With the 2w3, while it would be could be effective, and it would certainly have its pluses, I feel like it might be a bit more shallow.

I also have this frickin thing with 4s -- they can drive me nuts, but I love them. If I could find a healthy 4, probably 5 wing preferred, but hell, I'd take a 3 wing as well. And that could be ENFP, INFP, INFJ, hell, even INTJ or ISFP.

And I hadn't thought of this one much, but looking at Jon's response, I could actually see myself with a 3w2. The problem is, kinda like the 2w3, it would be a bit more shallow. But differently than the 2w3. The 2 would just be so needy. The 3 issue would not be that. The 3 issue would be that the relationship would be so based on putting out an external image of awesomeness. Now, we could be awesome, but, honestly, there would be something kinda fake about it. It'd be kinda like being with Jerry Maguire's wife, at the beginning of that movie. Good sex. Power couple. But, ultimately, she's always super-focused on projecting an image. Her relationship would always be more with the image of the relationship than with me. And I ain't really down for that.

And, lastly, when reading thru enneagram books, I've always, somewhat surprisingly, found the enneagram 8 descriptions kinda, I dunno, attractive. I've never dated one, I don't think, and I don't think female 8s are all that common -- I can't think of any I know (irl). I'm pretty much positive I'd prefer an 8w9. I think an 8w7 and I would probably have crazy sex and then kill each other. But yeah... 8w9. It actually kinda sounds better to me than 9w8. I think I need a strong woman, and an 8 would provide that. But I don't need a mindless warrior like an 8w7. The 9-wing would soften the edges of an 8 in just the way I need, cuz, while I need that strong woman, cuz I can be a blunt, insensitive asshole who needs someone who can take a straight dose of truth to the dome, I also need someone who can take the edge off, cuz the truth is, I'm not actually an insensitive asshole, I just communicate a bit like one. She could take care of the kids, I wouldn't have to worry about her being able to handle herself. She'd be able to tell me when to shut the fuck up and that I'm being an asshole or an idiot. I'd be able to argue back and not worry about breaking her by being honest. I dunno. There's something to that.

Hmm... probably a 9w1. Or a 2w3. Or even a 4w5. Those would be if it's a girl.

If it's a boy, shit, possibly a 6w5 (I could train him properly), or a 9w8 (I could learn from him/get along with him super well).

Aaaaand apparently there's some fucked up Electra Complex and/or vicarious living shit goin on up in my head.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

4DW-9w1-7w6 sx-so

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.

8w9 sx-sp

I would like to be able to do shit already for once.

8w9 sx-sp

I like rough edges. And passionate people. And Im mesmerised by the firestorm they carry inside

I dont do children.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why this obsession with 7w8s? They're impulsive, overconfident, flaky, effusive, usually thoughtless, and to make things worse, they think they are a big deal.

gromit

likes this
I'm e9 sp/sx, tritype 4-7-9?

I think maybe I'd be a 3 or 2 perhaps, achiever or nurturer? Maybe even a 6? There are some traits I recognize within myself to a lesser extent, so it would be interesting if they made up a bigger part of my personality.

I have no idea what an ideal SO would be for me. Perhaps a 1, 5, or 6? It is hard to say. I don't even know the enneagram types of the people I have dated in the past.

Probably for selfish reasons a 2 would be helpful or a 7 would be lots of fun.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why this obsession with 7w8s? They're impulsive, overconfident, flaky, effusive, usually thoughtless, and to make things worse, they think they are a big deal.

This can be true but they also tend to be very happy, satisfied, and don't worry much. They are also really good at making things happen. So for me 7w8 wins.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Inferior Fe.

They think this will make everyone like them.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

9w1, 7w6, 4w3

7w6

1w9 or 8w9

4w5