User Tag List

View Poll Results: If you had to be an Enneagram Core other than your own, Which would it be?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1w9

2 3.51%
  • 1w2

0 0%
  • 2w1

2 3.51%
  • 2w3

3 5.26%
  • 3w2

0 0%
  • 3w4

4 7.02%
  • 4w3

0 0%
  • 4w5

2 3.51%
  • 5w4

3 5.26%
  • 5w6

2 3.51%
  • 6w5

1 1.75%
  • 6w7

0 0%
  • 7w6

6 10.53%
  • 7w8

13 22.81%
  • 8w7

10 17.54%
  • 8w9

5 8.77%
  • 9w8

3 5.26%
  • 9w1

1 1.75%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: If you had to be an Enneagram Type other than your own, Which would it be?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLI Te

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)

1w2 or 3w4.

3) If you could imagine an ideal SO, what enneagram type would he or she be?

9w8 probably.

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

1) What is your enneagram core type and tritype?

6w7-2w3-9w1

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)

I picked 2w1. It's hard to explain why. But the 2's I've met have exuded much more confidence than I do, and also have the ability to handle others more easily. They're less shy about stepping in and doing what needs to be done. I find that as a 6 I'm always like, "Well, I would help, but I don't wanna be meddlesome, or step on any toes, or do anything that could rock the boat." Also I've always seen 2's as more of eagles with large wings--protectors with that connection to 8. I see myself, to be honest, as a little puppy--following around the owner wherever they go, doing whatever they're told, because they're afraid to be on their own. Sometimes I'd rather be the owner than the dog.

Also picked 1 wing, because I already have a disintegrating connection to 3 that gets really sickening after a while. I've always appreciated the baby 1 on my last 9 fix, and it would be cool to have a little more of that.

My first thought was 2, but that's just because I honestly tend towards becoming dependent on people, and 2's are the most likely to become those "strong pillars" for me. Actually I feel like I would do really well with an assertive but calm 1w2 to offer a little of that 2 support, but a lot of 1 stability and control.

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?

Oh hell no. When I have kids, I'll be so interested in finding out who they are. You couldn't pay me to choose.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

2 or 3/6w7/9w1

♂ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ Mᴇᴅɪᴄ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Swapping one set of problems for another. I am most comfortable with what I have now because it is what I know. If I could have been different since birth, perhaps 8w9.

Don't care about SO. Don't care about children.
    "A doctor cures people. A medic just makes them more comfortable... while they die."
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes CitizenErased, lumi liked this post

Clean Slate Array CitizenErased's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

5w4 - 4w5 - 1ww (without wings.. it'd actually be 9, but 9 and 2 are the etypes I score the least, so...)

Definitely 8, most likely wing 7 (I read in a book that w9 is more oriented to family wereas w7 is more independent and tries to accomplish goals that ensure that independence).

¿? I don't think I'd care too much, as long as it's somewhat healthy. Definitely no 2s or very "pay me attention all the time" 3s... Now that I think about it, I believe I'd go with 5s for sure because being surrounded by curious/knowledge-seeker people is really important for me (as long as it doesn't become a competition), then 4s and 8s. The rest I wouldn't mind.

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?

Oh, I'm not having children. If I had, hypothetically, I'd like them to be... happy. Supposedly, if I'm their mother, I'd have to love them no matter who/how they are. "I'm putting my boy up for adoption because he's not enneagram 9, a real tragedy".
    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud

MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    937 sp/so

9w1-7w6-4w3 (probably)

I'm okay with who I am now, but if I had to change I would pick 7w6-9w1-4w3, not because I think being an e7 is easy, but instead because that way I wouldn't change too much and my new main issues would already be familiar to me as peripheral issues. I originally voted 5w4 but changed my mind since I have very little e5 in me and I wouldn't want to have a completely different personality.

I don't know. My best relationship was with a 6w5 whose personality was very complementary to mine, but I haven't seen a predictable enneagram-related pattern when it comes to who I connect to. I've learned that having really specific ideals for a potential romantic partner (or even a potential close friend) is kinda pointless because you never know who you'll end up connecting with --sometimes it's with someone who you've never considered your "type" at all. Instead, I try to have general guidelines (e.g. they have to be independent, kind, open-minded, etc.) when it comes to looking for a potential SO or friend with whom I can have a healthy relationship.

Let's see, which psychological problems would I like my kid to have?
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    395 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Three. 3w4, 9w1, 6w5.

Eight. Steamrolling can be cool, and I'm no stranger to it -- but I imagine that giving no fucks about steamrolling would be even cooler.

Honestly can't think of an answer. I wouldn't want someone who's completely disconnected from the outside world, really, but I don't think any type is out of the question.

Seven. I absolutely love indulging curious children.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Animal liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

I'd probably be an 8. At least, if I wasn't a 1, then the next most likely type for me would be 8.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Don't Dream It, Be It Array Masokissed's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

lol.... You guys don't want to be a 7. Trust me.

We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot

Likes Hard, lumi liked this post

Blood of the Exile Array Animal's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I actually can't even remember you as an 8 I remember you being ENFP in the past...but I think I always saw you typed as sx 4. How long ago did you make this change?
    I've been typing at 4 since October 2013.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

1 is a candidate, as it would be interesting to find out what it's like from the core position rather than the askance integration angle.

8, probably for similar reasons to others.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast