• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you had to be an Enneagram Type other than your own, Which would it be?

If you had to be an Enneagram Core other than your own, Which would it be?

• 1w9

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 1w2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w1

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 4w3

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 4w5

• 5w4

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 5w6

• 6w5

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 6w7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7w6

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • 7w8

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • 8w7

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • 8w9

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)

1w2 or 3w4.

3) If you could imagine an ideal SO, what enneagram type would he or she be?

9w8 probably.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
1) What is your enneagram core type and tritype?

6w7-2w3-9w1

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)

I picked 2w1. It's hard to explain why. But the 2's I've met have exuded much more confidence than I do, and also have the ability to handle others more easily. They're less shy about stepping in and doing what needs to be done. I find that as a 6 I'm always like, "Well, I would help, but I don't wanna be meddlesome, or step on any toes, or do anything that could rock the boat." Also I've always seen 2's as more of eagles with large wings--protectors with that connection to 8. I see myself, to be honest, as a little puppy--following around the owner wherever they go, doing whatever they're told, because they're afraid to be on their own. Sometimes I'd rather be the owner than the dog.

Also picked 1 wing, because I already have a disintegrating connection to 3 that gets really sickening after a while. I've always appreciated the baby 1 on my last 9 fix, and it would be cool to have a little more of that.

My first thought was 2, but that's just because I honestly tend towards becoming dependent on people, and 2's are the most likely to become those "strong pillars" for me. Actually I feel like I would do really well with an assertive but calm 1w2 to offer a little of that 2 support, but a lot of 1 stability and control.

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?

Oh hell no. When I have kids, I'll be so interested in finding out who they are. You couldn't pay me to choose.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Swapping one set of problems for another. I am most comfortable with what I have now because it is what I know. If I could have been different since birth, perhaps 8w9.

Don't care about SO. Don't care about children.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate

5w4 - 4w5 - 1ww (without wings.. it'd actually be 9, but 9 and 2 are the etypes I score the least, so...)

Definitely 8, most likely wing 7 (I read in a book that w9 is more oriented to family wereas w7 is more independent and tries to accomplish goals that ensure that independence).

¿? I don't think I'd care too much, as long as it's somewhat healthy. Definitely no 2s or very "pay me attention all the time" 3s... Now that I think about it, I believe I'd go with 5s for sure because being surrounded by curious/knowledge-seeker people is really important for me (as long as it doesn't become a competition), then 4s and 8s. The rest I wouldn't mind.

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?

Oh, I'm not having children. If I had, hypothetically, I'd like them to be... happy. Supposedly, if I'm their mother, I'd have to love them no matter who/how they are. "I'm putting my boy up for adoption because he's not enneagram 9, a real tragedy".

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

9w1-7w6-4w3 (probably)

I'm okay with who I am now, but if I had to change I would pick 7w6-9w1-4w3, not because I think being an e7 is easy, but instead because that way I wouldn't change too much and my new main issues would already be familiar to me as peripheral issues. I originally voted 5w4 but changed my mind since I have very little e5 in me and I wouldn't want to have a completely different personality.

:shrug: I don't know. My best relationship was with a 6w5 whose personality was very complementary to mine, but I haven't seen a predictable enneagram-related pattern when it comes to who I connect to. I've learned that having really specific ideals for a potential romantic partner (or even a potential close friend) is kinda pointless because you never know who you'll end up connecting with --sometimes it's with someone who you've never considered your "type" at all. Instead, I try to have general guidelines (e.g. they have to be independent, kind, open-minded, etc.) when it comes to looking for a potential SO or friend with whom I can have a healthy relationship.

Let's see, which psychological problems would I like my kid to have? ;)

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Three. 3w4, 9w1, 6w5.

Eight. Steamrolling can be cool, and I'm no stranger to it -- but I imagine that giving no fucks about steamrolling would be even cooler.

Honestly can't think of an answer. I wouldn't want someone who's completely disconnected from the outside world, really, but I don't think any type is out of the question.

Seven. I absolutely love indulging curious children.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol.... You guys don't want to be a 7. Trust me. ;)

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I actually can't even remember you as an 8 :shock: I remember you being ENFP in the past...but I think I always saw you typed as sx 4. How long ago did you make this change?

I've been typing at 4 since October 2013. :)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1 is a candidate, as it would be interesting to find out what it's like from the core position rather than the askance integration angle.

8, probably for similar reasons to others.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
2w3; 278

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be?
8w7, easy. That aggression is so admirable. Runner up type would be 3w2.

Probably a 6 or 3 or 9.

7w6 because the fears and issues from the heart and gut triads are usually results of neglectful or controlling parents.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
596px-Enneagram_9-4_icosahedral.svg.jpg

i don't have a more serious response... the ennegram types aren't the most familiar subject for me...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps 9w8 because that sounds like a laid-back, peaceful person who gets stuff done.

On the outside I can seem a lot like a 9, but on the inside I'm very much a 4. I often wish to be more 9 on the inside.

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
7w6-8w7-3w4

My 8 wing is pretty strong, so 7w8 would be cheating. So ... 2w3.

7w6, of course! But seriously, 7w6.

4w5 9w1 6w5

I've realized that my idealized self dreams of being someone that comes off like a 7 with a strong 8 wing. You know, the type that would embark on a cross country journey into the unknown while living in their van with no fear. Or a controversial artist that gives no fucks. I'd love to be that person. 8w7 would be another good one too.

4 any wing, 9 any wing, 7 any wing

E4. I know, I guess I have a 4 bias, but I'd love for them to want to express themselves and find their own niche in life. Have their own unique values and interests and be able to mold them into reality. I also think e7 would be quite interesting.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9w8. Don't believe in tritype.

I'd be a 3 since they get stuff done and people actually think they are worth existing. I hate being a 9.

I find the concept of an 8w9 male appealing but I tend to be attracted to the charm of the 3w2 male.

Any type other than 8w7. If I could chose then i'd probably have a 7w6 since they seem like they'd be fun to be around and easy to handle.

Citron

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I mean, I would love to be type 8, I don't know why. Probably because it's the opposite of what I am ;)

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

3w4 7w6 1w9 sp/so

I like the idea of becoming a 7w8 core. A badass hedonist.

7w6 2w3 1w2. Fun, helpful, and a perfectionist. Hot.

6w5 3w4 9w1. Loyal, ambitious, but calm. Sounds nice.

anime_nature

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a type 4w5-6w7-9w1

7w6. They're so childlike and honestly they seem SO FUDGING HAPPY. I know in order to grow I'm not supposed to give into envy, but dang, I wish I could let go of my problems like that. :(

First of all, don't confuse "social" with "significant other" with me again. It took a while to get that. Secondly, I'm not sure... Technically, I like all the types as long as they're healthy, but in order for my answer to be valid, I'm going to have to incorporate some stereotypes (Which are allowed so... :shrug: )
I'm pretty sure I'd get along with a 9 or 5 the most. Probably 9w1 since I currently can't bare most of the 8's, wing or core, and a 5w4 seems to be more stable and open-minded than 5w6. Although all of my crushes are 7's (two of them are 7w6 and one was 7w8, although the 7w6's were liked mainly because of personality, and the 7w8 was for a really stupid reason) so my hormones can say otherwise. I would love to meet mature individuals in real life someday because a high school isn't a place to find one...

Again, don't really care too much about the type. As long as that little monster is healthy, then we're good to go. But I would say 9 or 5, not just because I get along with them the easiest, but a 9 child isn't going to create conflict so I don't have to worry about the little thing causing trouble without harming itself or others. A 5 child is going to be smart and doesn't care about what others think of it, so feel free to do whatever you want as long as you don't accidentally become curious about anything on Wattpad. Plus, as a 4w5, it might be a bit interesting to hear about the things this child learned on days where I have the energy to absorb information.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
6wb 1w9 3w4 sp/so proably

Literally anything else? Either 5w6 9w8 2w3 or 7w6 1w9 2w1, sp/so works ok still I guess. 712 is energetic and assertive, but still controled, 592 is my favorite tritype, add 8 and 3 for a slight assertive edge

Uuuuhhh.... 7w6 maybe? Maybe 793 or something, I usually get along with them well

9w1 so/sp probably would be nice.