User Tag List

View Poll Results: If you had to be an Enneagram Core other than your own, Which would it be?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1w9

2 3.51%
  • 1w2

0 0%
  • 2w1

2 3.51%
  • 2w3

3 5.26%
  • 3w2

0 0%
  • 3w4

4 7.02%
  • 4w3

0 0%
  • 4w5

2 3.51%
  • 5w4

3 5.26%
  • 5w6

2 3.51%
  • 6w5

1 1.75%
  • 6w7

0 0%
  • 7w6

6 10.53%
  • 7w8

13 22.81%
  • 8w7

10 17.54%
  • 8w9

5 8.77%
  • 9w8

3 5.26%
  • 9w1

1 1.75%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had to be an Enneagram Type other than your own, Which would it be?

WALMART

1) 9w8, 954

2) 9w1

3) 6w7, 3w2

4) 9w8

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    1) What is your enneagram core type and tritype?
    6w5, 8dw, 3w4

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be?
    I think the only one I would really want to be is 9w8. You get the peaceful nature of a 9, but with a bit of the bad ass edge of an 8.

Other potential types could be 5w6 (similar to what I already am), 3w4, and perhaps any of 7w8/8w7/8w9.

9w8 is the only one I'd prefer to be over my current type, which is fitting, as its my integration point.

As difficult as being a 6 can be, if we can be healthy, I think we're pretty awesome.

5w6 could potentially rival 6w5, but the others I put do not, really.

3) If you could imagine an ideal SO, what enneagram type would he or she be?
    Tough one.

I've figured for a while now that 9s and 2s would probably work best for me. Not sure when it comes to 9w8 vs 9w1 (actually, probably 9w1 [even though I don't like 1s much]), nor 2w3 vs 2w1 (actually, probably 2w3 [even though I don't like 3s much]). When I say it like that, tho, the 9w1 seems like it would be a real frickin relationship. Like, that shit would be mad bonded. With the 2w3, while it would be could be effective, and it would certainly have its pluses, I feel like it might be a bit more shallow.

I also have this frickin thing with 4s -- they can drive me nuts, but I love them. If I could find a healthy 4, probably 5 wing preferred, but hell, I'd take a 3 wing as well. And that could be ENFP, INFP, INFJ, hell, even INTJ or ISFP.

And I hadn't thought of this one much, but looking at Jon's response, I could actually see myself with a 3w2. The problem is, kinda like the 2w3, it would be a bit more shallow. But differently than the 2w3. The 2 would just be so needy. The 3 issue would not be that. The 3 issue would be that the relationship would be so based on putting out an external image of awesomeness. Now, we could be awesome, but, honestly, there would be something kinda fake about it. It'd be kinda like being with Jerry Maguire's wife, at the beginning of that movie. Good sex. Power couple. But, ultimately, she's always super-focused on projecting an image. Her relationship would always be more with the image of the relationship than with me. And I ain't really down for that.

And, lastly, when reading thru enneagram books, I've always, somewhat surprisingly, found the enneagram 8 descriptions kinda, I dunno, attractive. I've never dated one, I don't think, and I don't think female 8s are all that common -- I can't think of any I know (irl). I'm pretty much positive I'd prefer an 8w9. I think an 8w7 and I would probably have crazy sex and then kill each other. But yeah... 8w9. It actually kinda sounds better to me than 9w8. I think I need a strong woman, and an 8 would provide that. But I don't need a mindless warrior like an 8w7. The 9-wing would soften the edges of an 8 in just the way I need, cuz, while I need that strong woman, cuz I can be a blunt, insensitive asshole who needs someone who can take a straight dose of truth to the dome, I also need someone who can take the edge off, cuz the truth is, I'm not actually an insensitive asshole, I just communicate a bit like one. She could take care of the kids, I wouldn't have to worry about her being able to handle herself. She'd be able to tell me when to shut the fuck up and that I'm being an asshole or an idiot. I'd be able to argue back and not worry about breaking her by being honest. I dunno. There's something to that.

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?
    Hmm... probably a 9w1. Or a 2w3. Or even a 4w5. Those would be if it's a girl.

If it's a boy, shit, possibly a 6w5 (I could train him properly), or a 9w8 (I could learn from him/get along with him super well).

Aaaaand apparently there's some fucked up Electra Complex and/or vicarious living shit goin on up in my head.
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

4DW-9w1-7w6 sx-so

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.
    8w9 sx-sp

I would like to be able to do shit already for once.

8w9 sx-sp

I like rough edges. And passionate people. And Im mesmerised by the firestorm they carry inside

4) If you had to have one child, and you could choose his/her enneagram type, what would it be?
    I dont do children.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

7w8
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Why this obsession with 7w8s? They're impulsive, overconfident, flaky, effusive, usually thoughtless, and to make things worse, they think they are a big deal.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

I'm e9 sp/sx, tritype 4-7-9?

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)
    I think maybe I'd be a 3 or 2 perhaps, achiever or nurturer? Maybe even a 6? There are some traits I recognize within myself to a lesser extent, so it would be interesting if they made up a bigger part of my personality.

I have no idea what an ideal SO would be for me. Perhaps a 1, 5, or 6? It is hard to say. I don't even know the enneagram types of the people I have dated in the past.

Probably for selfish reasons a 2 would be helpful or a 7 would be lots of fun.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Why this obsession with 7w8s? They're impulsive, overconfident, flaky, effusive, usually thoughtless, and to make things worse, they think they are a big deal.
    This can be true but they also tend to be very happy, satisfied, and don't worry much. They are also really good at making things happen. So for me 7w8 wins.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Inferior Fe.

They think this will make everyone like them.
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Inferior Fe.

They think this will make everyone like them.
    Nah, they'd need at least Tert Fe to mask the cons properly.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Socionics
    ILI None

9w1, 7w6, 4w3

2) If you had to be an enneagram type other than your own, which would it be? (You must choose a core other than your own, but you can pick the wing if you'd like.)

7w6

1w9 or 8w9

4w5
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast