User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 73

  1. #1
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default What are my enneagram variants?

    Hello, I am trying my damndest to figure out my enneagram variants and hopefully someone here can help me to figure them out. I think that I'm probably Sp/sx though. I am either a core 6 with a strong 7 wing, or a core 7 with a strong 6 wing, but they are very close. I also have a 3w2 and a 9w8 fix. Anyway, what I am going to do is list each one of the qualities that I have pertaining to Self preservation, social, and sexual, and you folks tell me what you think my variants are based on this survey.

    Self-Preservation

    -I constantly think about money and having enough money.
    -I am constantly worried about my safety and staying out of danger.
    -I constantly want more and more money, and it seems like I can never have enough.
    -I am very concerned about my health, and it drives me crazy when I have any type of health problem at all.
    -I am strongly aware of things that can hurt me.

    Things to consider before saying that I have self-pres as my first or second stack

    -I have been destitutely poor for a number of years and it has had a tremendous impact on me.
    -I have no health insurance and it's driving me crazy.
    -I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from violence so it's bound to make me look more self pres.
    -I have a large amount of 6 influence.

    Sexual

    -I feel strong connections with certain people and some I don't (especially women). When I first enter a room I'm almost like a human metal detector looking for the "special people" in a room and just discard everyone else. Often times I just find myself talking to only a few people or if I vibe well with a woman I will just sit and talk with her the whole time and pretty much neglect everyone else.
    -I fall in love very easily and get very close to a certain girl very quickly. It's a wonderful feeling when I find that this happens with a girl. It feels so good that it is almost like a drug that I want more and more of. I can get very clingy if I vibe extremely well with a woman. It's like I want to constantly be with her and never want to let her go.
    -I am very comfortable with affection and I generally go to bed with a new girl fairly quickly. It's like I could meet a girl and know her for two weeks and feel like I've known her my entire life.
    -I am very aware of the chemistry between myself and others.
    -I'm very obsessed with beauty and preserving my appearance. I am terrified of getting old.


    Things to consider before saying that I have sexual first or second in my stack

    -I do like to sleep with a fair amount of women.
    -I'm afraid of commitment, but I believe it's because my mother hurt me very badly when I was younger. Watcher her and my father's divorce was very painful for me, so I know how bad a marriage can go, and it scares me.


    Social

    -I'm very good at meeting new people and chatting with them.
    -I love social prestige.
    -I understand social networks very well (i.e. This person knows this person, and this person knows this person)
    -I can play the political game if I have to, but I don't like to.
    -I'm generally interested in what's going on in the world.

    Things to consider before saying that that I social first of second in my stack

    -I'm not fond of social networking and it's very difficult for me to work a room, however I'm very good at being the center of attention in a room. However, this could also be attributed to my 7w6 and 3w2 fixes.
    -I'm not really concerned about how popular that I am with people.
    -I sometimes may use social connections to get me what I want, but I feel no strong need to contribute to society or to be a part of a group.
    -I enjoy going to social outings and am very extraverted, but there are few people that I actually click with well enough to talk to, but I can force myself to talk to them if need be.

    Ok folks what do you think my variants are?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    -I do like to sleep with a fair amount of women.
    This can be the cause of neurotic sx.

    -I'm afraid of commitment, but I believe it's because my mother hurt me very badly when I was younger. Watcher her and my father's divorce was very painful for me, so I know how bad a marriage can go, and it scares me.
    Commitment and building long time bonds is a soc thing.
    -I'm very good at meeting new people and chatting with them.
    Don't think this actually describes soc. I can be very chatty too but the real question is whether I do it because I want to feel a sense of community or because I can be socially outgoing.

    -I'm not fond of social networking and it's very difficult for me to work a room, however I'm very good at being the center of attention in a room. However, this could also be attributed to my 7w6 and 3w2 fixes.
    I don't think soc is more about networking necessarily, although some soc types can like it. I think awareness of networks is more important when considering soc.

    Anyway, did you ever consider so/sx or sx/so? Most of your sp needs are just really neurotic which could be the result of sp last caused by the traumas you described.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  3. #3
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    This can be the cause of neurotic sx.



    Commitment and building long time bonds is a soc thing.


    Don't think this actually describes soc. I can be very chatty too but the real question is whether I do it because I want to feel a sense of community or because I can be socially outgoing.



    I don't think soc is more about networking necessarily, although some soc types can like it. I think awareness of networks is more important when considering soc.

    Anyway, did you ever consider so/sx or sx/so? Most of your sp needs are just really neurotic which could be the result of sp last caused by the traumas you described.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Everytime I read the descriptions I tend to fit the So/sx descriptions the best. It's just that I can't see myself as sp last.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Everytime I read the descriptions I tend to fit the So/sx descriptions the best. It's just that I can't see myself as sp last.
    Why not?

    Maybe it would be easier to ask how your instincts appear in conflict? Usually we feel that our second instinct is holding us back from indulging in the primary when conflicted.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  5. #5
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Why not?

    Maybe it would be easier to ask how your instincts appear in conflict? Usually we feel that our second instinct is holding us back from indulging in the primary when conflicted.
    I've chatted with a lot of Sx last types about sex, relationships, love, and whatnot and I can't ever relate to what they say.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    I always thought you were a 7w6 So/Sx (or Sx/So), but you could be a 6w7 or an Sp/Sx, as you claim to be (though the 2 variants you are considering are exact opposites). Maybe your self-preservation instinct looks higher than it really is for you because of your 6 fix. I guess you could even be an ENFP, as you also claim is possible, but I just don't see any Fi in you, as opposed to Fe, which seems to be bouncing around everywhere with your boundless expression.

    Based on the above, I am most confidently calling you: ENTP 7w6 So/Sx.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I've chatted with a lot of Sx last types about sex, relationships, love, and whatnot and I can't ever relate to what they say.
    So do you feel sx blind spot fits better then?

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  8. #8
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I always thought you were a 7w6 So/Sx (or Sx/So), but you could be a 6w7 or an Sp/Sx, as you claim to be (though the 2 variants you are considering are exact opposites). Maybe your self-preservation instinct looks higher than it really is for you because of your 6 fix. I guess you could even be an ENFP, as you also claim is possible, but I just don't see any Fi in you, as opposed to Fe, which seems to be bouncing around everywhere with your boundless expression.

    Based on the above, I am most confidently calling you: ENTP 7w6 So/Sx.
    I know. I just look so much like an so/sx. I'm starting to question ENFP though because I just use so much Te.

  9. #9
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    So do you feel sx blind spot fits better then?
    No I'm saying that I can't relate to the sx blind spot. Really I can't relate to having a blind spot in any of the areas.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    No I'm saying that I can't relate to the sx blind spot. Really I can't relate to having a blind spot in any of the areas.
    Which is why I asked what instincts you prefer when they are in conflict, what you default back to because it's comfortable and what you really desire.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Similar Threads

  1. What's my enneagram tritype and instinctual variant?
    By musiclover3467 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2016, 08:49 PM
  2. What do you think are my instinctual variants?
    By Pseudo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 02:28 PM
  3. What's my Enneagram thingy?
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 10:24 PM
  4. [ENFJ] ENFJs, what are your enneagram?
    By Speed Gavroche in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 11:58 PM
  5. What's my enneagram type ?
    By entropie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 12:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO