• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are my enneagram variants?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, my approach to sleep is that I have learned that I absolutely must get enough sleep. Back in my childhood and up to about the year 2010 I almost never got enough sleep and really didn't give a damn about it. However, I have awful panic attacks and PTSD so I've learned that when I don't get enough sleep that often times my mental health is much worse and I can't focus on my work and wind up having much higher levels of anxiety as well. Sleep is a must for me. I must have food as well because I have hypoglycemia and when I don't eat I feel like I'm going to pass out: so food is also a must. I am constantly worried about not having shelter as well, but not necessarily for survival reasons but more for the reason that I don't want to feel like a loser for being homeless. Medical concerns are also big for me, and I am terrified when I have medical issues.

Still mostly driven by 6 worries, not sp worries necessarily. Notice the way you word things and the focus on must. You must eat, you must sleep, otherwise deal with the moral consequences. Do you feel shame if you neglect sp?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Still mostly driven by 6 worries, not sp worries necessarily. Notice the way you word things and the focus on must. You must eat, you must sleep, otherwise deal with the moral consequences. Do you feel shame if you neglect sp?

No I don't really feel shame if I neglect SP.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
What about sx or so?

I definitely feel shame if I do not have a mate. I want a woman so badly in my life right now but it is very difficult to get one because I keep going through financial catastrophes. I also feel a strong drive to be as physically attractive as humanly possible in order to attract mates.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION], I like the new avatar.

I have a few questions for you - don't think too much about how they might be related to instinct variant, because they're not meant to be directly revealing.

How do you divide your time up during your days? What do you prioritize when making plans or otherwise doling out your time?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
, I like the new avatar.

I have a few questions for you - don't think too much about how they might be related to instinct variant, because they're not meant to be directly revealing.

How do you divide your time up during your days? What do you prioritize when making plans or otherwise doling out your time?

Thank you for the complement on the avatar. Now to answer your question about how I divide my time:

The vast majority of my time is spent taking care of self-pres needs. I am a computer science student in college and am very concerned with school and maintaining a high GPA because I know that it could lead to jobs and possible internships that could bring me money in the future. In fact, I have a 3.5 GPA right now. I was working a job for about two months, and I was very concerned with my job performance because the job brought me money and I didn't want to lose it. I did however, lose the job because apparently I was too slow at the job. I should also mention that my mental health is not the greatest right now, and I am very preoccupied with getting it back up to par as well. In order to achieve this, I am seeing a hypnotist who helps me to relax and to learn to calm down my mind through meditation and breathing exercises and am also seeing a psycho-therapist. I developed a gagging problem that hinders me from doing hard exercise right now, and I am also trying to save up enough money to get that medical problem taken care of.

I really, really would like to get a woman in my life right now as well. However, I am extremely picky in my selection of mates and have sexual chemistry with only a very select few. I generally only go for highly attractive women that are somewhere between the 8 and 10 category and those are difficult to get. I am constantly trying to improve my looks in order to get these types of women. When, I am actually in a relationship, I spend a great deal of time with the woman that I am dating: we have sex constantly, we talk a lot, and we constantly go places together. The woman almost becomes an obsession to me. I can literally feel so connected to a woman that after only 3 dates, I can be seriously in love with her and be ready to marry her. However, I don't do this because logic kicks in and I realize that this has could potentially hurt me if I don't choose the right woman. Many times I have to reach out to peers to talk some sense into me when this happens, because I fall in love so deeply and so easily that it creates a problem. Plus, I'm not really ready to get married right now and enjoy playing the field when I am able.

I really do almost nothing to contribute to SO. I'm not gonna lie though, I often socially feel like a loser being so broke like I am now and have so little. However, having horrible PTSD makes it very difficult to find and keep a job. I rarely if ever do any type of group activities, and when I do it's with a small circle of friends. I should also mention, that I do enjoy large groups of people and parties but I generally don't socialize with many people there. I generally just attend them to find a mate. I also attend them to make find one or two more friends that I can hang out with. Generally I find that in parties, I feel I'm a woman going to a department store and picking out clothes: I pick out a few people and pull them to the side and focus on talking with them the majority of the night. It's either that, or I'm the life of the party and am the center of attention entertaining everyone.

That's me in a nutshell.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Maybe it's because I'm an SJ, but all of your "sp needs" stuff in the above post seems like what I would do in your situation, even with me being sp-last.

And the way you describe your social situation and how you approach it reminds me a lot of various descriptions I've seen of sx/so, that emphasize using so as a tool to obtain sx objectives. e.g. this one from enneagram.blogspot.com: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."

There's a subdued quality to sp-doms -- especially sp/so -- that I do not see in you at all.

p.s. The self-pres section in the OP should have a big neon sign over it that says "enneagram 6".

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
^ Maybe it's because I'm an SJ, but all of your "sp needs" stuff in the above post seems like what I would do in your situation, even with me being sp-last.

And the way you describe your social situation and how you approach it reminds me a lot of various descriptions I've seen of sx/so, that emphasize using so as a tool to obtain sx objectives. e.g. this one from enneagram.blogspot.com: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."

There's a subdued quality to sp-doms -- especially sp/so -- that I do not see in you at all.

p.s. The self-pres section in the OP should have a big neon sign over it that says "enneagram 6".

Yeah, I definitely seemed to neglect sp needs in the past. I literally had no concept of self preservation, or health, or anything. However, I have been poor for a long time now, and I now see how important that money is. I am now very money motivated and I care a lot more about my health since I have now realized just how much decent health care costs. I also don't have the intensity of an sx first. Plus, sx 6's are pretty damn counter-phobic where I am very phobic.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I definitely seemed to neglect sp needs in the past. I literally had no concept of self preservation, or health, or anything. However, I have been poor for a long time now, and I now see how important that money is. I am now very money motivated and I care a lot more about my health since I have now realized just how much decent health care costs.
I'd call that life experience, and not anything type-related. It's telling that you had to learn how to NOT neglect it -- just like how I had to learn to tone down my so-first 1w2 tendencies as I got older.
I also don't have the intensity of an sx first. Plus, sx 6's are pretty damn counter-phobic where I am very phobic.
I don't know if the bolded is universal. It'd be nice to hear some outside input, though. [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]?

You seem pretty intense to me. Much more intense than I am, which is part of why I'm hesitant to call you so/sx. Pretty sure about sp last, though.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

I'd call that life experience, and not anything type-related. It's telling that you had to learn how to NOT neglect it -- just like how I had to learn to tone down my so-first 1w2 tendencies as I got older.

I wonder about that though. It could also be argued that the reason that I was not concerned with self-pres needs was because they were met all-throughout my childhood: My parents made good money and I had all of my health needs covered (health insurance, dental, etc), and they also provided me with plenty of food, and adequate shelter. However, now that this has been all taken away from me and I am on my own, I am now not getting these needs met and am more aware of my strong need for them.

I don't know if the bolded is universal. It'd be nice to hear some outside input, though. @skylights?

You seem pretty intense to me. Much more intense than I am, which is part of why I'm hesitant to call you so/sx. Pretty sure about sp last, though.

I'm not gonna lie, when I was a member of typewatch, I learned to type enneagram variants by vibe. To be honest, when I saw your videos you didn't appear to be sp last. In fact, the last enneagram variants that I could see you as are so/sx. Personally, I think that you are either a sp/so, so/sp, or sp/sx, but I saw self-pres in there somewhere. Again, I could be wrong, I'm just going by what I saw. However, that could be why you don't relate to my intensity level.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder about that though. It could also be argued that the reason that I was not concerned with self-pres needs was because they were met all-throughout my childhood: My parents made good money and I had all of my health needs covered (health insurance, dental, etc), and they also provided me with plenty of food, and adequate shelter. However, now that this has been all taken away from me and I am on my own, I am now not getting these needs met and am more aware of my strong need for them.
I think that's a universal thing that happens to everyone when they grow less dependent on their parents, and when they grew up in an environment where they didn't want for much.

I could have posted that exact thing, and I'm sp-last.
I'm not gonna lie, when I was a member of typewatch, I learned to type enneagram variants by vibe. To be honest, when I saw your videos you didn't appear to be sp last. In fact, the last enneagram variants that I could see you as are so/sx. Personally, I think that you are either a sp/so, so/sp, or sp/sx, but I saw self-pres in there somewhere. Again, I could be wrong, I'm just going by what I saw. However, that could be why you don't relate to my intensity level.
Starry and Wind-Up Rex, among others, made a very convincing case for so/sx on my instinctual stacking thread.

I relate a lot to sacrificing my sp for the sake of sx -- much more than sacrificing sx for sp. And I sometimes react disdainfully to people who put sp-needs first (even though I wish I didn't do that); "Why can't you just tough it out??"

I will admit, though, that I could be mistaking your (possible) Fi and your occasional 6-ish counterphobia* for sx-first.

*I recognize that you said you're phobic, but there's a certain raw intensity that I can get from Sixes regardless of phobia/counterphobia

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

I think that's a universal thing that happens to everyone when they grow less dependent on their parents, and when they grew up in an environment where they didn't want for much.

I could have posted that exact thing, and I'm sp-last.

Well, I know that I have talked to Elfboy on multiple occasions and he told me that he has always been aware of his self-pres needs, and he has had his parents support his entire life. So that I guess is a case for me being sp last. Seriously though, I was a wreckless dumbass when I was a kid though. I never gave a damn about hurting myself what-so-ever. Again, it wasn't until later that I was aware of this.

Starry and Wind-Up Rex, among others, made a very convincing case for so/sx on my instinctual stacking thread.

I relate a lot to sacrificing my sp for the sake of sx -- much more than sacrificing sx for sp. And I sometimes react disdainfully to people who put sp-needs first (even though I wish I didn't do that); "Why can't you just tough it out??"

I will admit, though, that I could be mistaking your (possible) Fi and your occasional 6-ish counterphobia* for sx-first.

*I recognize that you said you're phobic, but there's a certain raw intensity that I can get from Sixes regardless of phobia/counterphobia

I've always been concerned with trying to get a mate. It's very important to me. I've been concerned with this since I was in the fucking 4th grade for God's sake. When I first enter a party for instance, the first thing that I usually do is scout the party for women that I connect with. Then, I go and try to make them mine. Socializing and whatnot take a back burner to that. I am INTENSELY aware of my chemistry with a person, and I generally can go from meeting them, to talking with them, to having sex, with them in a matter of hours. I fall in love EXTREMELY quickly as well. I will literally have that woman flowing through my mind all day, and can't get her out. I almost feel like I'm ready to marry a woman in a matter of weeks. This is why I often times have many friends that I keep around me, to talk some damn sense into me, and to tell me that I'm making to hasty of a decision. I really hate this about me.

However, my mother hurt me very badly and I often have such an intense drive to find a mate, but at the same time am afraid that I will get hurt at the same time. It's sort of a push-pull effect.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I know that I have talked to Elfboy on multiple occasions and he told me that he has always been aware of his self-pres needs, and he has had his parents support his entire life. So that I guess is a case for me being sp last. Seriously though, I was a wreckless dumbass when I was a kid though. I never gave a damn about hurting myself what-so-ever. Again, it wasn't until later that I was aware of this.
Yep, definitely all sounds sp-last.
I've always been concerned with trying to get a mate. It's very important to me. I've been concerned with this since I was in the fucking 4th grade for God's sake. When I first enter a party for instance, the first thing that I usually do is scout the party for women that I connect with. Then, I go and try to make them mine. Socializing and whatnot take a back burner to that. I am INTENSELY aware of my chemistry with a person, and I generally can go from meeting them, to talking with them, to having sex, with them in a matter of hours. I fall in love EXTREMELY quickly as well. I will literally have that woman flowing through my mind all day, and can't get her out. I almost feel like I'm ready to marry a woman in a matter of weeks. This is why I often times have many friends that I keep around me, to talk some damn sense into me, and to tell me that I'm making to hasty of a decision. I really hate this about me.

However, my mother hurt me very badly and I often have such an intense drive to find a mate, but at the same time am afraid that I will get hurt at the same time. It's sort of a push-pull effect.
The stuff with your mother is the fault of circumstance, not type -- and the rest makes a very, very strong case for sx-first.

So... I'm increasingly convinced of sx/so. You?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

Yep, definitely all sounds sp-last.

But, I thought that one of the best ways to discern variants for type 6 is what makes that person feel safe, and money makes me feel the safest of all.

The stuff with your mother is the fault of circumstance, not type -- and the rest makes a very, very strong case for sx-first.

So... I'm increasingly convinced of sx/so. You?
It's definitely not making me feel like I'm sexual last. However, if you look at a video of me vs. other sx/so 6w7's you will notice quite a difference. They seem to be much more energetic than me. Take a look at Personalitycafe's Pink Rasputin video's on youtube for example.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But, I thought that one of the best ways to discern variants for type 6 is what makes that person feel safe, and money makes me feel the safest of all.
I had never heard that. Not to say that it isn't true, but I'd never heard that.
It's definitely not making me feel like I'm sexual last. However, if you look at a video of me vs. other sx/so 6w7's you will notice quite a difference. They seem to be much more energetic than me. Take a look at Personalitycafe's Pink Rasputin video's on youtube for example.
I prefer going off of actions, instead of "vibe". Especially in videos; that's only a small glimpse at how people act on any given day. My video that's currently up, for example, was recorded when I was exhausted (and mildly depressed) and it was three in the morning, so it obviously shows me being much more subdued than usual.

A lot of my forum behavior can be easily explained by 1w2 so/sx. For example, pretty much every attempt I've ever made to mediate a dispute on the forum -- in the successful instances and the unsuccessful ones. It'll be for the sake of returning things to a state of harmony and mutual understanding (so), and I'll zero in on them to try to appeal to them in a way that I find personally appropriate to them, and will use a lot of emotional energy in the process (sx) -- without expecting the inevitable consequences e.g. severe emotional drain (sp-last).

^ That's how I'm more comfortable typing people -- in the MBTI, the Enneagram (tritype/stackings), or whatever else. Trends and consistent data, not a one-time "vibe".

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

I had never heard that. Not to say that it isn't true, but I'd never heard that.

But, then why does money make me feel so secure then? Maybe because I know the repercussions of being without it?

I prefer going off of actions, instead of "vibe". Especially in videos; that's only a small glimpse at how people act on any given day. My video that's currently up, for example, was recorded when I was exhausted (and mildly depressed) and it was three in the morning, so it obviously shows me being much more subdued than usual.

A lot of my forum behavior can be easily explained by 1w2 so/sx. For example, pretty much every attempt I've ever made to mediate a dispute on the forum -- in the successful instances and the unsuccessful ones. It'll be for the sake of returning things to a state of harmony and mutual understanding (so), and I'll zero in on them to try to appeal to them in a way that I find personally appropriate to them, and will use a lot of emotional energy in the process (sx) -- without expecting the inevitable consequences e.g. severe emotional drain (sp-last).

^ That's how I'm more comfortable typing people -- in the MBTI, the Enneagram (tritype/stackings), or whatever else. Trends and consistent data, not a one-time "vibe".

Yeah, I know what you mean. For instance, typewatch typed both [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] and myself as sexual last because of our vibe in our videos, and we both have strong sx.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But, then why does money make me feel so secure then? Maybe because I know the repercussions of being without it?
I meant, I'd never heard that that was the way of distinguishing 6 from sp.

But yeah, I'm sure that's why money makes you feel secure. You know that you wouldn't be safe in the world without money (since you're a phobic 6).
Yeah, I know what you mean. For instance, typewatch typed both [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] and myself as sexual last because of our vibe in our videos, and we both have strong sx.
Yep.

I'm hesitant about typing by photos, for the same reason. There's really not enough information there to do anything except speculate.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

I meant, I'd never heard that that was the way of distinguishing 6 from sp.

But yeah, I'm sure that's why money makes you feel secure. You know that you wouldn't be safe in the world without money (since you're a phobic 6).

It also seems like the sx/so 6w7's tend to live their life like they are going to die the next day. They tend to have the "live for the moment" catch phrase. I am not like this at all. I am a very careful person.

Yep.

I'm hesitant about typing by photos, for the same reason. There's really not enough information there to do anything except speculate.

Typing by photos doesn't work as well. However, typing by video seems to work a lot better.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It also seems like the sx/so 6w7's tend to live their life like they are going to die the next day. They tend to have the "live for the moment" catch phrase. I am not like this at all. I am a very careful person.
That's assuming counterphobia. Who says counterphobia is 100% required of sx/so 6w7s?
Typing by photos doesn't work as well. However, typing by video seems to work a lot better.
Meh. Still not enough information.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
That's assuming counterphobia. Who says counterphobia is 100% required of sx/so 6w7s?

Meh. Still not enough information.

1. I agree with your notion on counter-phobia. For instance, I think that [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] is a phobic 6w7 whom is sx/so.

2. Yes, most of the time you can type people by vibe, but it isn't a perfect science. One has to consider several variables when doing so including whether that person was on drugs or alcohol at the time, whether that person had enough sleep the night before, and whether they are low energy that day or for whatever reason. It works best if you look at videos of a person over time or if you are around a person in real life all of the time. The reason that you can't do it is because you are not an intuitive and can't pick it up intuitively very easily. However, if I made a series of videos on how to do it, I think that you could pick it up fairly easily. After all, you don't just "pick up things intuitively" because you are an ESTJ, and you need the "cold hard facts" to make decisions.