First 34567 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

You are the biggest attention whore on the whole forum; @Aleda claiming via usertitle to be the attention whore is outrageous, because it's clearly you - I'm probably the 2nd biggest attention whore on the forum, but you pass me by a mile in that chase!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    You are the biggest attention whore on the whole forum; @Aleda claiming via usertitle to be the attention whore is outrageous, because it's clearly you - I'm probably the 2nd biggest attention whore on the forum, but you pass me by a mile in that chase!
    lol okay so I admit to being an attention whore, but how does that help you to nail my variants?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

It does nothing to help you; I just made an observation... well, maybe it does help, because if you like attention, that could be a sign of so/sx or sx/so.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    It does nothing to help you; I just made an observation... well, maybe it does help, because if you like attention, that could be a sign of so/sx or sx/so.
    But that doesn't make sense either because @Elfboy is also an attention whore and he is clearly social last.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    The reason that you can't do it is because you are not an intuitive and can't pick it up intuitively very easily. However, if I made a series of videos on how to do it, I think that you could pick it up fairly easily.
    That was incredibly condescending. Just because I'm skeptical of relying almost 100% on my gut to decide on a person's type, doesn't mean I'm somehow inherently "bad" at it, because I'm an ESTJ. No, my skepticism of the entire concept comes from being an ESTJ, and wanting concrete evidence to back my claims. I could try to type people based on vibe, and have about the same success rate as you -- I mean, consider how many times you've questioned my type and been wrong! -- but I would not be comfortable with it, because it's a highly uneducated guess.

To be fair, any attempt to type someone without their having taken the test, is going to be guesswork to an extent. But if you have some concrete evidence to back up your claim, then your guesswork is going to be much more educated.

Reminds me of a really excellent quote from the recent ESTJ vs. ENTJ thread -- which I think describes a general SJ vs. NT difference:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Another thing that comes to mind. ENTJs are more risk tolerant, they ¨think¨ they know the likely outcome of something and will roll with risky decisions. ESTJs are more risk averse and wait until they ¨know¨for sure the course of action is correct. Outcome:

ESTJ´s are more likely to be correct but arrive at decisions slower. Additionally when they are wrong, they are often close to their intended target and the consequences are not as bad.

ENTJ´s are quick to decide and are very often right, but sometimes, they are catastrophically WRONG. Like not even in the ballpark wrong.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Oh... darn, that's a good point; at least it means you are extraverted then maybe I guess and/or have traits of narcissism/histrionic.

That makes you sound like a psychopath actually... you know what, I don't know what to say about your type, at least nothing you don't know.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@EJCC

That was incredibly condescending. Just because I'm skeptical of relying almost 100% on my gut to decide on a person's type, doesn't mean I'm somehow inherently "bad" at it, because I'm an ESTJ. No, my skepticism of the entire concept comes from being an ESTJ, and wanting concrete evidence to back my claims. I could try to type people based on vibe, and have about the same success rate as you -- I mean, consider how many times you've questioned my type and been wrong! -- but I would not be comfortable with it, because it's a highly uneducated guess.

To be fair, any attempt to type someone without their having taken the test, is going to be guesswork to an extent. But if you have some concrete evidence to back up your claim, then your guesswork is going to be much more educated.
    You just proved my point. You are going to type people based on objective facts, and I'm going to type people on intuition. This is basically what I just said.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

You just proved my point. You are going to type people based on objective facts, and I'm going to type people on intuition. This is basically what I just said.
    There's a huge difference between "can" and "want to". So no, it isn't what you said. But thanks for clarifying.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    There's a huge difference between "can" and "want to". So no, it isn't what you said. But thanks for clarifying.
    Well you can pick up people's enneagram variants through just observing them in a video most of the time and I can show you what I mean if you want.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Well you can pick up people's enneagram variants through just observing them in a video most of the time and I can show you what I mean if you want.
    You have your method and I have mine. Like I said, I'd rather stick with the data.