User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I wonder about that though. It could also be argued that the reason that I was not concerned with self-pres needs was because they were met all-throughout my childhood: My parents made good money and I had all of my health needs covered (health insurance, dental, etc), and they also provided me with plenty of food, and adequate shelter. However, now that this has been all taken away from me and I am on my own, I am now not getting these needs met and am more aware of my strong need for them.
    I think that's a universal thing that happens to everyone when they grow less dependent on their parents, and when they grew up in an environment where they didn't want for much.

I could have posted that exact thing, and I'm sp-last.
    I'm not gonna lie, when I was a member of typewatch, I learned to type enneagram variants by vibe. To be honest, when I saw your videos you didn't appear to be sp last. In fact, the last enneagram variants that I could see you as are so/sx. Personally, I think that you are either a sp/so, so/sp, or sp/sx, but I saw self-pres in there somewhere. Again, I could be wrong, I'm just going by what I saw. However, that could be why you don't relate to my intensity level.
    Starry and Wind-Up Rex, among others, made a very convincing case for so/sx on my instinctual stacking thread.

I relate a lot to sacrificing my sp for the sake of sx -- much more than sacrificing sx for sp. And I sometimes react disdainfully to people who put sp-needs first (even though I wish I didn't do that); "Why can't you just tough it out??"

I will admit, though, that I could be mistaking your (possible) Fi and your occasional 6-ish counterphobia* for sx-first.

*I recognize that you said you're phobic, but there's a certain raw intensity that I can get from Sixes regardless of phobia/counterphobia
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@EJCC

I think that's a universal thing that happens to everyone when they grow less dependent on their parents, and when they grew up in an environment where they didn't want for much.

I could have posted that exact thing, and I'm sp-last.
    Well, I know that I have talked to Elfboy on multiple occasions and he told me that he has always been aware of his self-pres needs, and he has had his parents support his entire life. So that I guess is a case for me being sp last. Seriously though, I was a wreckless dumbass when I was a kid though. I never gave a damn about hurting myself what-so-ever. Again, it wasn't until later that I was aware of this.

Starry and Wind-Up Rex, among others, made a very convincing case for so/sx on my instinctual stacking thread.

I relate a lot to sacrificing my sp for the sake of sx -- much more than sacrificing sx for sp. And I sometimes react disdainfully to people who put sp-needs first (even though I wish I didn't do that); "Why can't you just tough it out??"

I will admit, though, that I could be mistaking your (possible) Fi and your occasional 6-ish counterphobia* for sx-first.

*I recognize that you said you're phobic, but there's a certain raw intensity that I can get from Sixes regardless of phobia/counterphobia
    I've always been concerned with trying to get a mate. It's very important to me. I've been concerned with this since I was in the fucking 4th grade for God's sake. When I first enter a party for instance, the first thing that I usually do is scout the party for women that I connect with. Then, I go and try to make them mine. Socializing and whatnot take a back burner to that. I am INTENSELY aware of my chemistry with a person, and I generally can go from meeting them, to talking with them, to having sex, with them in a matter of hours. I fall in love EXTREMELY quickly as well. I will literally have that woman flowing through my mind all day, and can't get her out. I almost feel like I'm ready to marry a woman in a matter of weeks. This is why I often times have many friends that I keep around me, to talk some damn sense into me, and to tell me that I'm making to hasty of a decision. I really hate this about me.

However, my mother hurt me very badly and I often have such an intense drive to find a mate, but at the same time am afraid that I will get hurt at the same time. It's sort of a push-pull effect.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Well, I know that I have talked to Elfboy on multiple occasions and he told me that he has always been aware of his self-pres needs, and he has had his parents support his entire life. So that I guess is a case for me being sp last. Seriously though, I was a wreckless dumbass when I was a kid though. I never gave a damn about hurting myself what-so-ever. Again, it wasn't until later that I was aware of this.
    Yep, definitely all sounds sp-last.
    I've always been concerned with trying to get a mate. It's very important to me. I've been concerned with this since I was in the fucking 4th grade for God's sake. When I first enter a party for instance, the first thing that I usually do is scout the party for women that I connect with. Then, I go and try to make them mine. Socializing and whatnot take a back burner to that. I am INTENSELY aware of my chemistry with a person, and I generally can go from meeting them, to talking with them, to having sex, with them in a matter of hours. I fall in love EXTREMELY quickly as well. I will literally have that woman flowing through my mind all day, and can't get her out. I almost feel like I'm ready to marry a woman in a matter of weeks. This is why I often times have many friends that I keep around me, to talk some damn sense into me, and to tell me that I'm making to hasty of a decision. I really hate this about me.

However, my mother hurt me very badly and I often have such an intense drive to find a mate, but at the same time am afraid that I will get hurt at the same time. It's sort of a push-pull effect.
    The stuff with your mother is the fault of circumstance, not type -- and the rest makes a very, very strong case for sx-first.

So... I'm increasingly convinced of sx/so. You?

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@EJCC

Yep, definitely all sounds sp-last.
    But, I thought that one of the best ways to discern variants for type 6 is what makes that person feel safe, and money makes me feel the safest of all.

The stuff with your mother is the fault of circumstance, not type -- and the rest makes a very, very strong case for sx-first.

So... I'm increasingly convinced of sx/so. You?
    It's definitely not making me feel like I'm sexual last. However, if you look at a video of me vs. other sx/so 6w7's you will notice quite a difference. They seem to be much more energetic than me. Take a look at Personalitycafe's Pink Rasputin video's on youtube for example.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

But, I thought that one of the best ways to discern variants for type 6 is what makes that person feel safe, and money makes me feel the safest of all.
    I had never heard that. Not to say that it isn't true, but I'd never heard that.
    It's definitely not making me feel like I'm sexual last. However, if you look at a video of me vs. other sx/so 6w7's you will notice quite a difference. They seem to be much more energetic than me. Take a look at Personalitycafe's Pink Rasputin video's on youtube for example.
    I prefer going off of actions, instead of "vibe". Especially in videos; that's only a small glimpse at how people act on any given day. My video that's currently up, for example, was recorded when I was exhausted (and mildly depressed) and it was three in the morning, so it obviously shows me being much more subdued than usual.

A lot of my forum behavior can be easily explained by 1w2 so/sx. For example, pretty much every attempt I've ever made to mediate a dispute on the forum -- in the successful instances and the unsuccessful ones. It'll be for the sake of returning things to a state of harmony and mutual understanding (so), and I'll zero in on them to try to appeal to them in a way that I find personally appropriate to them, and will use a lot of emotional energy in the process (sx) -- without expecting the inevitable consequences e.g. severe emotional drain (sp-last).

^ That's how I'm more comfortable typing people -- in the MBTI, the Enneagram (tritype/stackings), or whatever else. Trends and consistent data, not a one-time "vibe".

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@EJCC

I had never heard that. Not to say that it isn't true, but I'd never heard that.
    But, then why does money make me feel so secure then? Maybe because I know the repercussions of being without it?

I prefer going off of actions, instead of "vibe". Especially in videos; that's only a small glimpse at how people act on any given day. My video that's currently up, for example, was recorded when I was exhausted (and mildly depressed) and it was three in the morning, so it obviously shows me being much more subdued than usual.

A lot of my forum behavior can be easily explained by 1w2 so/sx. For example, pretty much every attempt I've ever made to mediate a dispute on the forum -- in the successful instances and the unsuccessful ones. It'll be for the sake of returning things to a state of harmony and mutual understanding (so), and I'll zero in on them to try to appeal to them in a way that I find personally appropriate to them, and will use a lot of emotional energy in the process (sx) -- without expecting the inevitable consequences e.g. severe emotional drain (sp-last).

^ That's how I'm more comfortable typing people -- in the MBTI, the Enneagram (tritype/stackings), or whatever else. Trends and consistent data, not a one-time "vibe".
    Yeah, I know what you mean. For instance, typewatch typed both @Elfboy and myself as sexual last because of our vibe in our videos, and we both have strong sx.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

But, then why does money make me feel so secure then? Maybe because I know the repercussions of being without it?
    I meant, I'd never heard that that was the way of distinguishing 6 from sp.

But yeah, I'm sure that's why money makes you feel secure. You know that you wouldn't be safe in the world without money (since you're a phobic 6).
    Yeah, I know what you mean. For instance, typewatch typed both @Elfboy and myself as sexual last because of our vibe in our videos, and we both have strong sx.
    Yep.

I'm hesitant about typing by photos, for the same reason. There's really not enough information there to do anything except speculate.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@EJCC

I meant, I'd never heard that that was the way of distinguishing 6 from sp.

But yeah, I'm sure that's why money makes you feel secure. You know that you wouldn't be safe in the world without money (since you're a phobic 6).
    It also seems like the sx/so 6w7's tend to live their life like they are going to die the next day. They tend to have the "live for the moment" catch phrase. I am not like this at all. I am a very careful person.

Yep.

I'm hesitant about typing by photos, for the same reason. There's really not enough information there to do anything except speculate.
    Typing by photos doesn't work as well. However, typing by video seems to work a lot better.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It also seems like the sx/so 6w7's tend to live their life like they are going to die the next day. They tend to have the "live for the moment" catch phrase. I am not like this at all. I am a very careful person.
    That's assuming counterphobia. Who says counterphobia is 100% required of sx/so 6w7s?
    Typing by photos doesn't work as well. However, typing by video seems to work a lot better.
    Meh. Still not enough information.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    That's assuming counterphobia. Who says counterphobia is 100% required of sx/so 6w7s?

Meh. Still not enough information.
    1. I agree with your notion on counter-phobia. For instance, I think that @skylights is a phobic 6w7 whom is sx/so.

2. Yes, most of the time you can type people by vibe, but it isn't a perfect science. One has to consider several variables when doing so including whether that person was on drugs or alcohol at the time, whether that person had enough sleep the night before, and whether they are low energy that day or for whatever reason. It works best if you look at videos of a person over time or if you are around a person in real life all of the time. The reason that you can't do it is because you are not an intuitive and can't pick it up intuitively very easily. However, if I made a series of videos on how to do it, I think that you could pick it up fairly easily. After all, you don't just "pick up things intuitively" because you are an ESTJ, and you need the "cold hard facts" to make decisions.