User Tag List

First 12

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Having a tri-type or fix in itself does invalidate the way types connect through the enneagram symbol. Your core type & its wings will connect you to all the other types on its own, and that more clearly shows how your ego can grow/shrink & what signs to look for, etc. For example, as a 4, I integrate at 1 & disintegrate at 2. My 5 wing integrates at 8 and disintegrates at 7. My weaker 3 wing integrates at 6 & disintegrates at 9. This makes me the least connected to the 3-6-9 triad, which could explain blindspots/weaknesses, strengths (their go fixes have little pull on me), and how I deal with individuals in that triad. But ALL of the types are covered & my core type tells me how they connect.

Tri-type seems to suggest you take on a type's approach in different areas of life (heart/head/gut matters), but this is conflating instincts with triads, IMO, and it encourages mistyping.

You could say:
    sx=heart, creating individual significance/impact (2=seducing, 3=attracting, 4=repulsing)
    sp=head, taking care of the your own needs (5=denying, 6=sustaining, 7=indulging)
    so=gut, connecting to others (1=discriminating, 9=submitting, 8=dominating)

Instead of someone being a 269, they may simply be a 2w3 who is so/sp or something like that. They see 6 in relation to their wing's integration & 9 in relation to its disintegration, and their so instinct feels 6ish while their sp instinct feels 9ish.
    I'm very inclined to agree with you on this, I think tritype is counterintuitive to the nature of the enneagram, but I'm having a hard time understanding your correlations between instinct and triads. My best way of trying to understand what you're saying is for me to walk through an example (which you sort of did, but I still don't understand).

Okay, so let's say someone types themselves as a 4w5, 479 sx/so. They would relate to the seven via the disintegration of their five wing, I'm guessing, but where would the nine come from? Their weaker three wing? Or is it that their social nature feels nineish to them? If someone types themselves as a 4w5, 469, would you say they are actually a 4w3 who is mistyped?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I'm very inclined to agree with you on this, I think tritype is counterintuitive to the nature of the enneagram, but I'm having a hard time understanding your correlations between instinct and triads. My best way of trying to understand what you're saying is for me to walk through an example (which you sort of did, but I still don't understand).

Okay, so let's say someone types themselves as a 4w5, 479 sx/so. They would relate to the seven via the disintegration of their five wing, I'm guessing, but where would the nine come from? Their weaker three wing? Or is it that their social nature feels nineish to them? If someone types themselves as a 4w5, 469, would you say they are actually a 4w3 who is mistyped?
    I'm just saying there are a lot of reasons someone may relate to aspects of another type. Because of the connection between the instincts & triad, a person may relate to a type which is "connected" to their dominant instinct. Example - sx-dom 9 feels "4ish".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'm just saying there are a lot of reasons someone may relate to aspects of another type. Because of the connection between the instincts & triad, a person may relate to a type which is "connected" to their dominant instinct. Example - sx-dom 9 feels "4ish".
    Got it, and I agree. Your whole chart kind of threw me.