• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Maybe a stupid question

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
but please be patient.
What is the difference in an INFJ 9 and INFJ 4?
On the online tests, I got a 4, with 9 slightly behind it and 6 was next in the line-up. The INFJ was determined through a personality type facilitator at my work...and a shrink a long time ago. And me.

I read in another thread that those 3 types are ISFPish. I think ISFPs are "the bomb"...and am usually impressed by the ISFPs that I know.

Maybe I'm ISFP?! Yay! :banana:

W

WALMART

Nines are more isfp'ish, fours are more infp'ish.

Maybe. I'm just kinda making this up.

If you didn't see in a different thread - INFJ's, with maturity, seemingly become ISTPish. Just an FYI.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
4's are kinda like shirley manson from garbage. Sometimes they're kinda masochistic.

9's are kinda like... Idunno, not that intense. Kinda lame. Like to talk about dumb shit that sucks mostly.

I hope that helped.

INFJ 4

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
if I were you, I would just research the differences between 9s and 4s. Adding the INFJ factor just makes it more complicated.

I debated whether I was a 4 or 9, too. (Definitely a 9.) I asked about the differences in this thread

a couple other things I've heard/noticed:
- 4s tend to be more image-oriented ("cultivating" a self), while 9s are more concerned with maintaining a felt sense of self.
- 9s tend to have the most trouble typing themselves, because they may feel as though they relate to all types
- 9s are more likely to value a sense of belonging, while 4s are more likely to value uniqueness

I'm not saying that 6 isn't a possibility, I just don't know enough about the type to comment on it.

edit: the fact that your 3rd result was 6 might be telling; 9s resemble 6s when stressed.