Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenfairy's E-type

philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Greenfairy's E-type

Er...any thoughts? If anyone happens to enjoy typing people.

I truly have no opinion. I think maybe 5w4, or 6w7. I'm just pretty sure not 8 or 4. But I could be wrong.

Also I don't know between sx/sp and sp/sx.

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I think you are an INFJ 9w8 or 5w4 sx/sp; if you want an explanation, I can provide it - you just have to get it going.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I think you are a 6w7 - 4w5 - 8w9 sx/sp ENFP

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chawie View Post
    I think you are a 6w7 - 4w5 - 8w9 sx/sp ENFP
    Lol. Interesting! You should vote on my type poll, as no one has said ENFP yet.

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Lol. Interesting! You should vote on my type poll, as no one has said ENFP yet.
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure I voted months ago and had you at INFP or something.

(your latest blog post screams Fi to me btw : P )

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I think you are an INFJ 9w8 or 5w4 sx/sp; if you want an explanation, I can provide it - you just have to get it going.
    You know, just because I'm bored right now and don't have anything better to do, you are getting my explanation for the above typings:

Really great info! I don't identify that much with the INFJ tertiary loop, even though a lot of people think I am in one. I'm not that socially incompetent, just really nervous some of the time. And I don't devise elaborate schemes socially (just an imaginary world in which I'm popular). I dunno. Maybe. I still think I use Ne at least as much if not more than Ni, and Si more than Se.
    I wouldn't say you are in a loop, but I do think you have INFJ functions. I hope to 'prove' this in my next passages.

Lol. You flatter me outrageously. It's true though, I'm going to save the world using only the power of my own mind and my chakras.

Don't worry, I still have my Ni. It's just probably not where I thought it was.
    Actually, your Ni is probably at the top. You diplay lots of odd magical thinking, which is not something the uber-rational INTP tends to do.

No, I don't believe they "exist" in the material* sense either (as in like objects); I think they are energy, like everything is. It might be possible to read a person's thoughts as electrical patterns or something. I don't know. But the fact is that no one really knows how it works.

*No one is sure what "material" means. Roughly speaking, having temporality and spaciality and operating within the laws of nature. Thoughts could possibly exist this way if they are energy or electricity.
    This pretty much speaks for my previous point.

Interesting. I've reformed and modified my ethics over time, but not my values; they've pretty much been the same all my life. (?) I wonder if this is typical of anything. I mean, I guess different things are more or less important at different times, right? Or is it just a question of focus? Like, you can't focus on everything all at once- it's demonstrably impossible. And focusing on too many things diminishes the effect. Am I missing the point?
    I have seen lots of INFP accusations directed at you. The above quote shows you focus more on ethics, which involves proper conduct, rather than values, which involves individual beliefs. INFJs seem to focus more on ethics, whereas INFPs focus on values. Therefore, I am going against the popular forum consensus and saying you are not INFP.

Fascinating! This is kind of where I am right now, except my value system looks Fe because I see that that's where it lies to the extent that it can be objective at all. Collective well being and individual well being in relationship are what make sense to me, and make life worth living in a feeling way. But outside of the realm of human experience it doesn't mean anything, and that doesn't bother me. In fact, it makes me feel better because it eliminates all the messy argument and conflict over right and wrong. It's so easy to just say harmony and well being are the answer and then interpret situations in the context of these.
    Again, this pretty much sums up my previous point.

This means clinging to the presumption that the scientific body of knowledge is all the knowledge that exists, or that the scientific method of observation is the only method of attaining knowledge of reality. There is another way, that of experience and relationship. It yields a different sort of knowledge, that of understanding (as opposed to certainty). It is personal integration of truth. Also, there is plenty to be known which we do not yet have the capability to observe with technology. Having unquestioned faith in and religious adherence to science is to reject the idea that humans have access to only a small portion of reality at any given time. We can't know what lies in the past or the future, for example. We don't know what things are like on the other side of the galaxy. We don't even know what thoughts are in other people's minds.
    This sounds very much like an investigative 5-fix in your enneagram. You are seeking knowledge and seeing things in new ways. There's even a bit of speculation on the future. This whole world cosmology thing combined with your need for harmony sounds very much like Ni (INFJ) with 5 and 9 somewhere.

Of course you have to integrate things into your belief system, and reject things which don't fit. Only be open to new information and the possibility that your system needs to be modified (i.e. don't let Ti suppress Ne).
    Do I have to repeat my previous point again?

I don't believe we should give equal truth value to things to be politically correct; we should give them equal consideration. That is, form our own epistemically justified beliefs about things free from bias. A scientific bias can be just as incorrect in certain areas as a religious bias.

(For the record, I occupy a position where the scientific and the spiritual are in balance and don't contradict each other.)
    This whole mix of rationalism with mysticism I would say is indicative of Ni and 5w4.

That makes sense, but remember that when fairy belief was popular people were polytheistic. They didn't simply believe in a one god to solve the ultimate mysteries; gods were personalities and archetypes, and represented elements of nature and human nature. Fairies weren't simply an explanation either, they were nature spirits which existed in a not-so-physical realm. They were like animals and humans, just mostly invisible. The attributing of explanatory status to them occurred mostly after Christianity, when the old beliefs were trivialized into "fairy tales." They were beings which coexisted with humans. Gods were thought of in much the same way, but with additional powers. I agree that people believe in God now because they need an explanation- in a lot of ways theism (among educated people) has become intellectualized and de-anthropomorphized.
    INFJ 5w4>9w8>4w5 Sx/Sp with Schizotypal traits (Idiosyncratic personality style).

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    You know, just because I'm bored right now and don't have anything better to do, you are getting my explanation for the above typings:

I wouldn't say you are in a loop, but I do think you have INFJ functions. I hope to 'prove' this in my next passages.

Actually, your Ni is probably at the top. You diplay lots of odd magical thinking, which is not something the uber-rational INTP tends to do.

This pretty much speaks for my previous point.

I have seen lots of INFP accusations directed at you. The above quote shows you focus more on ethics, which involves proper conduct, rather than values, which involves individual beliefs. INFJs seem to focus more on ethics, whereas INFPs focus on values. Therefore, I am going against the popular forum consensus and saying you are not INFP.

Again, this pretty much sums up my previous point.

This sounds very much like an investigative 5-fix in your enneagram. You are seeking knowledge and seeing things in new ways. There's even a bit of speculation on the future. This whole world cosmology thing combined with your need for harmony sounds very much like Ni (INFJ) with 5 and 9 somewhere.

Do I have to repeat my previous point again?

This whole mix of rationalism with mysticism I would say is indicative of Ni and 5w4.

INFJ 5w4>9w8>4w5 Sx/Sp with Schizotypal traits (Idiosyncratic personality style).
    Ok then. Well thought out.
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure I voted months ago and had you at INFP or something.

(your latest blog post screams Fi to me btw : P )
    Oh yeah? I thought Fe, as Fi is always talked about as wanting to serve humanity and be self sacrificial according to values and all that stuff. Fe is more about give and take in relationships, and T functions give importance to being independent and helping yourself.

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Well whatever my mbti type is, I'm fine with some uncertainty and I'm sticking with what I have right now. I was hoping for some information on Enneagram as it relates to me. I have poll results, which are somewhat helpful, but few explanations.

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

MBTI
    ENTJ

Oh yeah? I thought Fe, as Fi is always talked about as wanting to serve humanity and be self sacrificial according to values and all that stuff. Fe is more about give and take in relationships, and T functions give importance to being independent and helping yourself.
    Hmm, I think both of those sorts of values (serving humanity, being self sacrificial, giving and taking in relationships) can all stem from either Fe or Fi. IMO it is more the source of the value than the value itself that defines whether it comes from the use of Fe or Fi. Fi can be incredibly intelligent about defining values for giving and taking in relationships, it just draws the plans from what is best for the self (self including perceived natural personality preferences and desires in others as well, depending on the level of ego development of the fi user) and then seeks to understand the best general courses of action from that, and can tailor it to suit individual needs of both the self and others depending on the situation. The kinds of concerns you mention have more to do with being sx/sp or sp/sx rather than having an so aspect to your enneagram, than Fi or Fe use IMO. Thought on the Fi-Te axis and Fe-Ti axis can lead to the same "values"; both modes of feeling have access to thinking functions.

People may describe Fi users as wanting to serve humanity and be self sacrificial, but if you observe many Fi users you will see they have little desire to serve humanity (rather, some individual or elite brand of it, or perhaps through indirect means through an institution of some sort) or sacrifice themselves. This is sort of an extreme stereotype that doesn't hit home really, especially for people who use Fi in a non dominant position, and many Fi users would not do this if not for some form of selfish gain. Fe doms could be said as doing the same thing, they just don't define their goal in the same way and yet that is what many of them do.

I would try to explain more to you about why I perceive your enneagram to be what it is, but it would be difficult for me since I go mainly on vibes that take a really long time to explain, and would require long theoretical discussion of many of the things you have said on the forum, which frankly would be quite strange, since we've barely talked before. lol

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Hmm, I think both of those sorts of values (serving humanity, being self sacrificial, giving and taking in relationships) can all stem from either Fe or Fi. IMO it is more the source of the value than the value itself that defines whether it comes from the use of Fe or Fi. Fi can be incredibly intelligent about defining values for giving and taking in relationships, it just draws the plans from what is best for the self (self including perceived natural personality preferences and desires in others as well, depending on the level of ego development of the fi user) and then seeks to understand the best general courses of action from that, and can tailor it to suit individual needs of both the self and others depending on the situation. The kinds of concerns you mention have more to do with being sx/sp or sp/sx rather than having an so aspect to your enneagram, than Fi or Fe use IMO. Thought on the Fi-Te axis and Fe-Ti axis can lead to the same "values"; both modes of feeling have access to thinking functions.

People may describe Fi users as wanting to serve humanity and be self sacrificial, but if you observe many Fi users you will see they have little desire to serve humanity (rather, some individual or elite brand of it, or perhaps through indirect means through an institution of some sort) or sacrifice themselves. This is sort of an extreme stereotype that doesn't hit home really, especially for people who use Fi in a non dominant position, and many Fi users would not do this if not for some form of selfish gain. Fe doms could be said as doing the same thing, they just don't define their goal in the same way and yet that is what many of them do.

I would try to explain more to you about why I perceive your enneagram to be what it is, but it would be difficult for me since I go mainly on vibes that take a really long time to explain, and would require long theoretical discussion of many of the things you have said on the forum, which frankly would be quite strange, since we've barely talked before. lol
    Ok, fair enough. If you want to PM me I'm always interested in reasoning behind ideas. Don't worry, I have little sense of psychological boundaries.

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)