• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Greenfairy's E-type

Greenfairy's E-type?

• Total voters

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This may be the 9 ego defense in the works. It's similar to the vagueness that is described of the 4 identity. What I see here is relating to a shell of the types and never fully further going down. It's a bit telling of how you relate to the types.
It's pretty much how I relate to them. I can't really see the deeper things I guess. Granted I haven't read as much about it as mbti, mostly because the surface vagueness tells me there might not be anything deeper, and so it feels like a waste of time. I mean, deeper things are listed, but they don't really help me type myself, so it's useless for me at this point. Maybe I could decide if I read a lot more and really looked at it in depth.
Maybe you can reveal how you react to stresses. If you identify with 5 and 6, then how does your mind work? Is there a "need to know?" And if you don't have enough information, how do you feel?
I definitely have a need to know. That's the purpose behind this type exploration. But I also enjoy the process of looking for answers and producing detailed results. I have a need to know in everything, in a Ti sort of way. I have to know the core principles of how things work if I have an interest in the area or if I have to do something. I have burning curiosity about the inner workings of reality (which is why I'm studying philosophy). This is the characteristic I said I couldn't subtract from myself and still be me.

In response to how my mind works, it's Ti+Ne+Ni+Fe pretty much in that order (plus Si in there somewhere for stored information). I create cohesive structured systems to map reality, in a concrete and meta level. It's like a computer filing system plus the internet, along with some human relational elements and symbology.
Edit: Oh if I don't have enough information: first I suspend judgment and don't make a definite decision. Then I search for more information and ask questions. Then I examine the information I have and see what makes sense to me. If I have an intuitive idea I'll see if I can produce an explanation for it based on the information which is there.

In response to stress: Look up inferior Fe and it's me. Plus I eat sugar and listen to music and daydream.

There's another type... the social 9.

Sorry if this stuff is out of the blue. I know this is likely meant for public participation, but I get the feeling sometimes that I tend to "crash the party uninvited," so to speak. I'm lacking in appropriateness somewhere, not sure.
No, not at all. At least that I'm aware. Which might not mean anything. haha

Thanks for the info.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with this thinking.

It looks as though you're superficially trying on all the of the types as though they're hats, perhaps looking to resonate with the attractive qualities you think being a certain type confers upon you rather than really getting in to the neurosis of each type and seeing if that's present within your psyche.
Ok, yes. Is this type of information you are referring to listed in the type descriptions or do I have to spend hours reading? If that's the only way, I guess I'll do it. I just figured if it was a good system it would be easier and quicker to use.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hm, you might be right. I'm pretty 5 and 6 ish as well though, so one is first in the tri-type and the other is second. Here's how I went about it: since all the numbers seem like just part of one personality to me, I decided to follow this method: find my essential quality Descartes style by subtracting everything I can until I find something I wouldn't be me without. I definitely wouldn't be myself without analytical thought and the search for truth, so I tentatively decided on 5. In the gut area I could subtract power and peace, but I couldn't subtract principles, so 1 would make sense there. In the heart area I could subtract helping and pleasing and whatever, and then it's a close call for 3 and 4 stuff.
This isn't to say that that won't end up working for you, but I almost certainly would have mistyped myself if I had used that method. In fact, the first time I skimmed the type descriptions, I thought "I don't relate to this whole resentment thing" and ruled out type 1 altogether. It was only after I figured out their definition of resentment that I put it back on the table as an option. (After that, I used process of elimination, and ended up focusing a lot more, research-wise, on the stress/neurosis aspects of the Enneagram, because the Enneagram is so great about describing neuroses -- much more than describing thought processes (in my opinion; the MBTI is better at that).)
Not quite this, not quite that. I used to think that type of stuff was indicative of 3 co-fix or core-fix, as it seemed to me that it suggested an adaptable self image, but I don't think that anymore. I confused vague for malleable. Anyways, people were suggesting 3 and 4, which caught my eye and made me wonder. I mean if your sig is any indication of your self image...

Although I have to say, there's some sort of resemblance in you that I've seen in others (other forums). I think 9 is in there somewhere, perhaps even as a core. The 9s that I've seen have done this...

- They go and ask questions regarding their type.
- They get opinions.
- The general result is, "thanks but no thanks."
- After some time, they come back with similar if not the same question.
- Rinse-Repeat
I've seen this with Fours, too. (And with INFPs. Probably for the same reasons.)
This may be the 9 ego defense in the works. It's similar to the vagueness that is described of the 4 identity. What I see here is relating to a shell of the types and never fully further going down. It's a bit telling of how you relate to the types.
Makes sense. I did wonder about that.
Maybe you can reveal how you react to stresses. If you identify with 5 and 6, then how does your mind work? Is there a "need to know?" And if you don't have enough information, how do you feel?
Yes. Great advice.
I agree with this thinking.

It looks as though you're superficially trying on all the of the types as though they're hats, perhaps looking to resonate with the attractive qualities you think being a certain type confers upon you rather than really getting in to the neurosis of each type and seeing if that's present within your psyche.
Yep. That's why I'd gotten the vibe that you almost didn't need to know your type. But I figured I must be wrong about that -- and this explanation makes much more sense.
It's pretty much how I relate to them. I can't really see the deeper things I guess. Granted I haven't read as much about it as mbti, mostly because the surface vagueness tells me there might not be anything deeper, and so it feels like a waste of time. I mean, deeper things are listed, but they don't really help me type myself, so it's useless for me at this point. Maybe I could decide if I read a lot more and really looked at it in depth.
That's a really good idea. Because it does go deeper.
I definitely have a need to know. That's the purpose behind this type exploration. But I also enjoy the process of looking for answers and producing detailed results. I have a need to know in everything, in a Ti sort of way. I have to know the core principles of how things work if I have an interest in the area or if I have to do something. I have burning curiosity about the inner workings of reality (which is why I'm studying philosophy). This is the characteristic I said I couldn't subtract from myself and still be me.
I don't think that's related to any particular Enneagram type. I mean, yes, Fives are associated with that, but Enneagram types are not defined based on that. Like I said before, it goes a whole lot deeper than those more surface-level desires. I mean, unless your desire to learn more is based on some root insecurity or deeper need -- like it is for Fives, or counterphobic Sixes -- in which case I shouldn't have called it surface-level.
In response to stress: Look up inferior Fe and it's me. Plus I eat sugar and listen to music and daydream.
Oh, ok. This, too?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Although I have to say, there's some sort of resemblance in you that I've seen in others (other forums). I think 9 is in there somewhere, perhaps even as a core. The 9s that I've seen have done this...

- They get opinions.
- Rinse-Repeat
Lol, so true.

R

Riva

E6s is my guess.

E5s have the detached observer vibe to their points/posts though they as any human aren't immune to frustration. E6s have a attached concerned vibe. You have the latter. 5w6s also have a touch of that attached vibe.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fo shizzle. I've read a lot about it. Inferior Se fits somewhat, but I fit every single point I've ever read on Fe and only a fraction for Se (and Si).

- They get opinions.
- Rinse-Repeat

Ok, I need to address this, since so many people seem to agree and it sounds like kind of a pointless thing to do.

Since it sounds like you're describing a pointless exercise, I don't think that's exactly what I'm doing. I ask questions about specific aspects of a situation (emotions, how a certain type reacts to them, behaviors, etc.), and then see if I relate to the results. I file it away. If some people don't really answer my question or give me information I think is just off the result is 'thanks but no thanks,' because I have no use for it. Sometimes the information requires more thought and research, so it goes somewhere in my mind for awhile and the result is 'I'll see whether I think that's true and get back to you.' If I ask the same sort of question again, I've been thinking about the original question and realized there are some aspects of it which haven't yet been answered, subtle nuances which haven't been explained, counterexamples which threaten to invalidate it. Research is like this. I think I'm just a thorough person.

Ok, fine, I'll research it. People certainly seem to be confident in their mbti typing and it's easy for them to provide explanation; I thought the same might be true for Enneagram- but apparently it's something I have to do myself (and I don't expect other people to, I just thought they might be interested).

But some questions I had have been answered, particularly the nature of the system. So thanks for that.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Results from a new test:

8 2
9 2
1 3

7 7
6 6
5 5

4 5
3 5
2 1

Yay. No closer than I was before.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can you please provide a description of yourself as a person? I personally don't agree with RW's analysis for most of the part as it seems to mostly be based on stereotypes, so I'd rather have you write out how you think and go on about things in the world. As a few starting questions, can you explain what enneatypes you relate to and what types you don't relate to and why? I don't need you to make a major write up about your cognitive type. I'll figure it out quickly enough just by looking at how you go on and reason about things. Anyway, skimming through things, what you wrote here:

Since it sounds like you're describing a pointless exercise, I don't think that's exactly what I'm doing. I ask questions about specific aspects of a situation (emotions, how a certain type reacts to them, behaviors, etc.), and then see if I relate to the results. I file it away. If some people don't really answer my question or give me information I think is just off the result is 'thanks but no thanks,' because I have no use for it. Sometimes the information requires more thought and research, so it goes somewhere in my mind for awhile and the result is 'I'll see whether I think that's true and get back to you.' If I ask the same sort of question again, I've been thinking about the original question and realized there are some aspects of it which haven't yet been answered, subtle nuances which haven't been explained, counterexamples which threaten to invalidate it. Research is like this. I think I'm just a thorough person.

Ok, fine, I'll research it. People certainly seem to be confident in their mbti typing and it's easy for them to provide explanation; I thought the same might be true for Enneagram- but apparently it's something I have to do myself (and I don't expect other people to, I just thought they might be interested).

But some questions I had have been answered, particularly the nature of the system. So thanks for that.

Really sounds like Ne dominance with F auxiliary (but you're right that ENTP probably fits better if you have a preference for Ti over Te as tertiary). I see @Maybe reason and express herself in a very similar manner. You are probably right about being an irrational dominant type. You're more concerned about being open about data than making judgements or coming to conclusions.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you please provide a description of yourself as a person? I personally don't agree with RW's analysis for most of the part as it seems to mostly be based on stereotypes, so I'd rather have you write out how you think and go on about things in the world. As a few starting questions, can you explain what enneatypes you relate to and what types you don't relate to and why? I don't need you to make a major write up about your cognitive type. I'll figure it out quickly enough just by looking at how you go on and reason about things.
Hm, description of myself as a person. So many possibilities, I don't know what to say. So I'll just answer how I relate to the types.

Pasting from a website:
(I know it's not the greatest to just go on generalized things like this, but it's a start.) The bolded are what I identify with.

Type One is principled, purposeful, self-controlled, and perfectionistic.
Fitting with Ne, I'd rather be receptive to life than always have an agenda. Highly perfectionist though.
Type Two is generous, demonstrative, people-pleasing, and possessive.
I'm sort of all these, but not highly any of them. I want to help people, but I don't want to go out of my way for it. I can't stand it when people are mad at me, but I'm equally assertive and argumentative, so I stand by what I think anyway.
Type Three is adaptable, excelling, driven, and image-conscious.
Very much the last, but not in a conformist sort of way. I would love to be excelling and driven, and I guess I do ok, but I never think I'm successful enough and I used to be a slacker because of performance anxiety or something. I have high ambitions, which I may not have the courage to pursue for a long time. Because of being image conscious, I think. I'm worried about what people think, and so just hide from attention even though I really want it. I'm not shy about my intellectual abilities. But at the same time I don't want to come across as conceited...
Type Four is expressive, dramatic, self-absorbed, and temperamental.
I can be all of these at times, but not particularly so except probably being self absorbed (even though I don't mean to be). Temperamental only because I can get annoyed easily; people don't always know it though because I'm quiet. But if I have something I want to express I do it. I don't like drama, but I've been known to get wrapped up in it without knowing that's what I was doing, usually based on false assumptions and paranoia. And then afterward I was ashamed.
Type Five is perceptive, innovative, secretive, and isolated.
I'm not secretive at all, and I don't like isolation at all, even though I've tended to be. I have the 5 drive to seek knowledge and understand how thing work though. I'm endlessly curious. If I could live forever I'd end up with a million college degrees.
Type Six is engaging, responsible, anxious, and suspicious.
Yep. I'm just not overly loyal, and I don't particularly like established structures and authority and such. I respect what's legitimate, and conform enough to successfully navigate the system.
Type Seven is spontaneous, versatile, acquisitive, and scattered.
All of these, but less spontaneous, and I'm not really materialistic. I like being prepared and having an idea of what's going to happen. If I can't prepare for something I get nervous. Also because I'm not good at efficiently fitting everything I have to do into my schedule, and so I'll be anxious about there being something I should be doing instead.
Type Eight is self-confident, decisive, willful, and confrontational.
Sometimes the last two, sometimes self confident, but not decisive. And I don't like feeling like a dominating or imposing kind of person.
Type Nine is receptive, reassuring, complacent, and resigned.
Not so much the second two because I'm very optimistic and always coming up with possibilities for positive change in situations.

Really sounds like Ne dominance with F auxiliary (but you're right that ENTP probably fits better if you have a preference for Ti over Te as tertiary). I see @Maybe reason and express herself in a very similar manner. You are probably right about being an irrational dominant type. You're more concerned about being open about data than making judgements or coming to conclusions.
That last part is definitely true. See, I was social and outgoing up to age 7 when we moved, and suddenly people thought I was weird; so that's when I created an artificial imaginary social life and lived there for about a decade. I've been trying to become social again ever since I was a teenager, but it's hard because it's such a habit and I don't always know how to act, and I've developed some social anxiety. People and crowds do energize me, it's just that they energize me too much, and I get hyperactive and anxious. So I call myself a closet extrovert because I think I'd be happier if I was, and I've sort of been forced to live the life of an introvert because I didn't know how not to. Anyway, explaining the x. I think it's probably somewhat common. I'm pretty happy as an ambivert, and being INTP has made me good at philosophy.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6w7. While the 3 is image-conscious for self-promotional reasons, the 6 anxiously scans the environment and is concerned with how they appear in the eyes of others for personal reasons.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Er...any thoughts? If anyone happens to enjoy typing people.
I truly have no opinion. I think maybe 5w4, or 6w7. I'm just pretty sure not 8 or 4. But I could be wrong.
Also I don't know between sx/sp and sp/sx.

9w1 Sx/Sp :) probably with 4w? and 6w7 fixes

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll be annoying and start digging here so we'll truly see what you think about things:

Hm, description of myself as a person. So many possibilities, I don't know what to say. So I'll just answer how I relate to the types.

Pasting from a website:
(I know it's not the greatest to just go on generalized things like this, but it's a start.) The bolded are what I identify with.

Type One is principled, purposeful, self-controlled, and perfectionistic.
Fitting with Ne, I'd rather be receptive to life than always have an agenda. Highly perfectionist though.

What does being principled mean to you? What does self-control mean to you? Is your perfectionism a moral one or something else? Do you find yourself being prone to guilt-tripping for example? For a good example of an unhealthy mind I'll link you this video of a character who is a 1 and starts losing it:

Note that all the characters that appear in the video are a representation Vergil's psyche. When the character called Kat for example starts berating him, is this something you relate to in a similar manner? Are you prone to berate yourself?

Type Two is generous, demonstrative, people-pleasing, and possessive.
I'm sort of all these, but not highly any of them. I want to help people, but I don't want to go out of my way for it. I can't stand it when people are mad at me, but I'm equally assertive and argumentative, so I stand by what I think anyway.

How are you people-pleasing? What motivates you to help other people? Also you mention that you can't stand that people are mad at you, how do you react to this? What do you think and what do you say?
Type Three is adaptable, excelling, driven, and image-conscious.
Very much the last, but not in a conformist sort of way. I would love to be excelling and driven, and I guess I do ok, but I never think I'm successful enough and I used to be a slacker because of performance anxiety or something. I have high ambitions, which I may not have the courage to pursue for a long time. Because of being image conscious, I think. I'm worried about what people think, and so just hide from attention even though I really want it. I'm not shy about my intellectual abilities. But at the same time I don't want to come across as conceited...

Would you actually describe yourself as lazy? Do you find that it's difficult to get going to do things? Are you prone to be terrible at procrastination?
Type Four is expressive, dramatic, self-absorbed, and temperamental.
I can be all of these at times, but not particularly so except probably being self absorbed (even though I don't mean to be). Temperamental only because I can get annoyed easily; people don't always know it though because I'm quiet. But if I have something I want to express I do it. I don't like drama, but I've been known to get wrapped up in it without knowing that's what I was doing, usually based on false assumptions and paranoia. And then afterward I was ashamed.

How are you self-absorbed? Also, why are you quiet when annoyed? What are the reasons for that?
Type Five is perceptive, innovative, secretive, and isolated.
I'm not secretive at all, and I don't like isolation at all, even though I've tended to be. I have the 5 drive to seek knowledge and understand how thing work though. I'm endlessly curious. If I could live forever I'd end up with a million college degrees.

I could write you a treatise why getting several college degrees is not an example of how avarice operates here. Anyway, I think we can pretty much safely rule out 5. I don't get any 5 vibes from you at all. The 5 mind is not driven out of a need to be curious (that could rather speak towards 6 or 7), but is driven because if we do not know or understand we experience anxiety and we don't like being anxious.
Type Six is engaging, responsible, anxious, and suspicious.
Yep. I'm just not overly loyal, and I don't particularly like established structures and authority and such. I respect what's legitimate, and conform enough to successfully navigate the system.

Reading the way you've responded thus far I'm kind of inclined to agree with [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] about 9 core being likely (and 9 has a connection to 6 and 3 respectively). There is just a certain way you write that comes off as the psychospiritual laziness that 9s, especially the feeler kind, is prone to express.
Type Seven is spontaneous, versatile, acquisitive, and scattered.
All of these, but less spontaneous, and I'm not really materialistic. I like being prepared and having an idea of what's going to happen. If I can't prepare for something I get nervous. Also because I'm not good at efficiently fitting everything I have to do into my schedule, and so I'll be anxious about there being something I should be doing instead.

The stuff you mentioned about preparation here points more towards 6 than 7. 6s need to prepare to relieve themselves of anxiety.
Type Eight is self-confident, decisive, willful, and confrontational.
Sometimes the last two, sometimes self confident, but not decisive. And I don't like feeling like a dominating or imposing kind of person.

Why not?
Type Nine is receptive, reassuring, complacent, and resigned.
Not so much the second two because I'm very optimistic and always coming up with possibilities for positive change in situations.

What kind of possibilities and changes? Can you provide with a real life example of what you'd think and say in a certain situation?
That last part is definitely true. See, I was social and outgoing up to age 7 when we moved, and suddenly people thought I was weird; so that's when I created an artificial imaginary social life and lived there for about a decade. I've been trying to become social again ever since I was a teenager, but it's hard because it's such a habit and I don't always know how to act, and I've developed some social anxiety. People and crowds do energize me, it's just that they energize me too much, and I get hyperactive and anxious. So I call myself a closet extrovert because I think I'd be happier if I was, and I've sort of been forced to live the life of an introvert because I didn't know how not to. Anyway, explaining the x. I think it's probably somewhat common. I'm pretty happy as an ambivert, and being INTP has made me good at philosophy.

I'm sorry but I really fail to see the Ti dominance here and being an INTP has nothing to do with being good at philosophy or not. You are probably an irrational type (S or N dominant) with F as auxiliary so ENFP, ESFP, INFJ and ISFJ. I'm getting more of an Fi vibe personally but it could also be a 4 fix as Elfboy already pointed out.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What does being principled mean to you? What does self-control mean to you? Is your perfectionism a moral one or something else? Do you find yourself being prone to guilt-tripping for example?
I dunno, being principled doesn't mean anything in particular to me that it doesn't for most people. It's not really a personal thing. I have ethical principles and principles on which I think the world works, and I like to live according to them. Self controlled: I just don't like to feel out of control (and I never really do), because that to me means not being grown up and capable, not conscious and aware of things, and slipping into insanity (which scares me). I don't take it to an unhealthy extreme.
For a good example of an unhealthy mind I'll link you this video of a character who is a 1 and starts losing it:

Note that all the characters that appear in the video are a representation Vergil's psyche. When the character called Kat for example starts berating him, is this something you relate to in a similar manner? Are you prone to berate yourself?
I watched about half the video and then got too bored. It's a bit dramatic for my taste. So I guess I don't really relate. I don't berate myself, I don't think. Not consciously anyway.

How are you people-pleasing? What motivates you to help other people? Also you mention that you can't stand that people are mad at you, how do you react to this? What do you think and what do you say?
I don't know if I'm thinking of it the right way, but literally I like for other people to be pleased and I have a strong need to be accommodating, because I don't want them to be mad and stop liking me. I don't think I go out of my way for it, or sacrifice myself, but if I'm faced with a situation in which it's that or maybe have a conflict I'd rather just avoid conflict if it doesn't inconvenience me too much. Helping people: I care about people and I want them to be happy, because I empathize. It's more producing positivity than alleviating negativity; making people happy makes me happy. And I just have an instinct to be helpful, like if I can do something and it helps produce a good outcome I'd rather do that than stand around and do nothing. Also I have a good sense of the global community and I feel we are all interconnected. Reacting to people being angry: I try to negotiate. I get triggered if people start accusing me of stuff and judging me, and then I get defensive and argumentative. But underneath I know conflict scares me because I have this unconscious belief that people will overreact and be violent or stop liking me forever, and then I'll be shunned and ostracized and all that stuff. Paranoia basically. Inferior Fe type stuff.
Would you actually describe yourself as lazy? Do you find that it's difficult to get going to do things? Are you prone to be terrible at procrastination?
I wouldn't describe myself as lazy, I just have poor time management skills. That and some kind of fear of failure and fear of success at the same time plus perfectionism makes me avoid things sometimes.
How are you self-absorbed? Also, why are you quiet when annoyed? What are the reasons for that?
What I wrote about being a closet extrovert and living in a fantasy world for a long time explains it I think. Not having much of a social life and really wanting one, I created one for myself, and in it I had a lot of attention. So getting out of it I'm just not always aware of other people, although I want to be. I'm not quiet when I'm mad; what I meant is I'm quiet all the time, so when I'm mad sometimes it's hard to tell unless I'm in stubborn argumentative telling someone off mode. Also I get slightly annoyed and frustrated about little things and then immediately forget about them, so there's no point in saying anything unless I'm making it into a funny story.
I could write you a treatise why getting several college degrees is not an example of how avarice operates here. Anyway, I think we can pretty much safely rule out 5. I don't get any 5 vibes from you at all. The 5 mind is not driven out of a need to be curious (that could rather speak towards 6 or 7), but is driven because if we do not know or understand we experience anxiety and we don't like being anxious.
Oh I didn't mean getting degrees as a sign of avarice, only that I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and analysis, penetrating into the mysterious workings of the universe. I do think I experience anxiety when I don't understand things though. Especially if someone thinks they do and isn't explaining it to me. That really annoys me.
Reading the way you've responded thus far I'm kind of inclined to agree with [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] about 9 core being likely (and 9 has a connection to 6 and 3 respectively). There is just a certain way you write that comes off as the psychospiritual laziness that 9s, especially the feeler kind, is prone to express.
Perhaps so. What do you mean by psychospiritual laziness?
The stuff you mentioned about preparation here points more towards 6 than 7. 6s need to prepare to relieve themselves of anxiety.
Sounds about right.
Why do I not want to be dominating and imposing? I guess because I'm easily intimidated and I don't want to intimidate others? Because I don't want to make them feel bad and oppress them?

What kind of possibilities and changes? Can you provide with a real life example of what you'd think and say in a certain situation?
Hm...like if I was in a job where I wasn't happy I'd come up with ways to improve the situation, make myself happier, get better at it, and think of what jobs I'd rather have, how to get them, what I'd ideally like to do, etc. I don't resign myself to much of anything. And I'm not complacent because I'm an idea person.

I'm sorry but I really fail to see the Ti dominance here and being an INTP has nothing to do with being good at philosophy or not. You are probably an irrational type (S or N dominant) with F as auxiliary so ENFP, ESFP, INFJ and ISFJ. I'm getting more of an Fi vibe personally but it could also be a 4 fix as Elfboy already pointed out.
I don't expect you to agree with me, because I know I don't come across as NTP, but Ti-Fe is something I'm decided on, so that's not on the agenda. And actually it does mean I'd be better at philosophy; it's one of the suggested and popular careers for INTP, and it utilizes the type's natural talents. What I meant though is that being introverted has produced the necessary introspection to really get into ideas and focus on them, and follow through, instead of always getting distracted with socializing and stuff. I'm still very ADHD, so I can only expect I'd be more so if I was a true extrovert.

You and [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] seem to know a lot about Enneagram, so I appreciate your opinions. And thanks [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION].

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno, being principled doesn't mean anything in particular to me that it doesn't for most people. It's not really a personal thing. I have ethical principles and principles on which I think the world works, and I like to live according to them.
What you express here is Fi, not Ti.
Self controlled: I just don't like to feel out of control (and I never really do), because that to me means not being grown up and capable, not conscious and aware of things, and slipping into insanity (which scares me).

That in bold genuinely point towards competency but even so you are holding yourself back.
I don't take it to an unhealthy extreme.

9 logic.
I watched about half the video and then got too bored. It's a bit dramatic for my taste. So I guess I don't really relate. I don't berate myself, I don't think. Not consciously anyway.
But the point was more about the character exposition than whether it was dramatic. This response here also seems to indicate 9 laziness.

I don't know if I'm thinking of it the right way, but literally I like for other people to be pleased and I have a strong need to be accommodating, because I don't want them to be mad and stop liking me.

9 values.

I don't think I go out of my way for it, or sacrifice myself, but if I'm faced with a situation in which it's that or maybe have a conflict I'd rather just avoid conflict if it doesn't inconvenience me too much.
9 logic, especially the part about conflict being an inconvenience. Points towards positive outlook.

Helping people: I care about people and I want them to be happy, because I empathize. It's more producing positivity than alleviating negativity; making people happy makes me happy. And I just have an instinct to be helpful, like if I can do something and it helps produce a good outcome I'd rather do that than stand around and do nothing. Also I have a good sense of the global community and I feel we are all interconnected.

My impression of the line in bold says Fi and/or soc as an instinct. I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

R
eacting to people being angry: I try to negotiate.
More 9 logic.

I get triggered if people start accusing me of stuff and judging me, and then I get defensive and argumentative.

Sounds like inferior Te or inferior thinking in general.
But underneath I know conflict scares me (1) because I have this unconscious belief that people will overreact and be violent or stop liking me forever, (2) and then I'll be shunned and ostracized and all that stuff. (3) Paranoia basically. Inferior Fe type stuff.

To explain the numbers:
1. Suggests withdrawn type.
2. This is 9 logic in a nutshell, especially the part in bold.
3. This sounds really like soc first.

Lastly, none of what you described here is really indicative of inferior Fe.

I wouldn't describe myself as lazy, I just have poor time management skills.
lol positive outlook much?

That and some kind of fear of failure and fear of success at the same time plus perfectionism makes me avoid things sometimes.

1 logic.

What I wrote about being a closet extrovert and living in a fantasy world for a long time explains it I think. Not having much of a social life and really wanting one, I created one for myself, and in it I had a lot of attention.

This again suggests soc instinct being a strong motivation for you. You are very community-oriented and have a strong sense of community and a need to belong.

So getting out of it I'm just not always aware of other people, although I want to be. I'm not quiet when I'm mad; what I meant is I'm quiet all the time, so when I'm mad sometimes it's hard to tell unless I'm in stubborn argumentative telling someone off mode.
That you're unaware of other people doesn't really speak much for Fe, and the part in bold really suggests inferior thinking.

Also I get slightly annoyed and frustrated about little things and then immediately forget about them, so there's no point in saying anything unless I'm making it into a funny story.
9 logic in a nutshell.
Oh I didn't mean getting degrees as a sign of avarice, only that I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and analysis, penetrating into the mysterious workings of the universe. I do think I experience anxiety when I don't understand things though. Especially if someone thinks they do and isn't explaining it to me. That really annoys me.

More signs of inferior thinking here. None of what you described is particularly indicative of you being a 5 either way.
Perhaps so. What do you mean by psychospiritual laziness?
A way to describe that 9s generally lack insight into themselves and they are afraid of personal introspection.
Why do I not want to be dominating and imposing? I guess because I'm easily intimidated and I don't want to intimidate others? Because I don't want to make them feel bad and oppress them?
Fi logic. You draw values from within yourself.

Hm...like if I was in a job where I wasn't happy I'd come up with ways to improve the situation,
Could point towards Te with Ne.

make myself happier, get better at it,
The part in bold suggests competency.

and think of what jobs I'd rather have, how to get them, what I'd ideally like to do, etc. I don't resign myself to much of anything. And I'm not complacent because I'm an idea person.

Positive outlook logic and most specifically 9 logic. Avoiding what is difficult by rather creating a fantasy world where all the good things are already being played out.

I don't expect you to agree with me, because I know I don't come across as NTP, but Ti-Fe is something I'm decided on, so that's not on the agenda. And actually it does mean I'd be better at philosophy; it's one of the suggested and popular careers for INTP, and it utilizes the type's natural talents. What I meant though is that being introverted has produced the necessary introspection to really get into ideas and focus on them, and follow through, instead of always getting distracted with socializing and stuff. I'm still very ADHD, so I can only expect I'd be more so if I was a true extrovert.
Suggests withdrawn integration but the fact you mention distraction as an issue suggests 9, not 4 or 5. Also, your focus on socialization really suggests soc first to me again.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great analysis, [MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION]. I probably am a 9 then. I'll research it some more and see if it fits. So 9w1, 6w7, 3w4 is my working hypothesis at the moment.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You and [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] seem to know a lot about Enneagram, so I appreciate your opinions. And thanks [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION].

This illustrates one reason I don't post here very often anymore. It's just a waste of time and effort.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've decided I'm 9w1. The description I read fit, and it said 9's have characteristics of every type, and often get mistyped as 4's or 5's because they retreat into their heads and daydream. I could change my mind later, but I think it fits.

See, I don't resist being typed by other people if I think what people are saying is right. ;)

Thanks, everybody.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone think I could be a 1w9?