User Tag List

View Poll Results: Greenfairy's E-type?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    0 0%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 3

    2 12.50%
  • 4

    3 18.75%
  • 5

    4 25.00%
  • 6

    4 25.00%
  • 7

    0 0%
  • 8

    0 0%
  • 9

    6 37.50%
  • sx/sp

    6 37.50%
  • sp/sx

    2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: Greenfairy's E-type

  1. #31
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    12,855

    Default

    6w7. While the 3 is image-conscious for self-promotional reasons, the 6 anxiously scans the environment and is concerned with how they appear in the eyes of others for personal reasons.
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

  2. #32
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Er...any thoughts? If anyone happens to enjoy typing people.
    I truly have no opinion. I think maybe 5w4, or 6w7. I'm just pretty sure not 8 or 4. But I could be wrong.
    Also I don't know between sx/sp and sp/sx.
    9w1 Sx/Sp probably with 4w? and 6w7 fixes
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #33
    Senior Member Array Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    I'll be annoying and start digging here so we'll truly see what you think about things:

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Hm, description of myself as a person. So many possibilities, I don't know what to say. So I'll just answer how I relate to the types.

    Pasting from a website:
    (I know it's not the greatest to just go on generalized things like this, but it's a start.) The bolded are what I identify with.

    Type One is principled, purposeful, self-controlled, and perfectionistic.
    Fitting with Ne, I'd rather be receptive to life than always have an agenda. Highly perfectionist though.
    What does being principled mean to you? What does self-control mean to you? Is your perfectionism a moral one or something else? Do you find yourself being prone to guilt-tripping for example? For a good example of an unhealthy mind I'll link you this video of a character who is a 1 and starts losing it:



    Note that all the characters that appear in the video are a representation Vergil's psyche. When the character called Kat for example starts berating him, is this something you relate to in a similar manner? Are you prone to berate yourself?

    Type Two is generous, demonstrative, people-pleasing, and possessive.
    I'm sort of all these, but not highly any of them. I want to help people, but I don't want to go out of my way for it. I can't stand it when people are mad at me, but I'm equally assertive and argumentative, so I stand by what I think anyway.
    How are you people-pleasing? What motivates you to help other people? Also you mention that you can't stand that people are mad at you, how do you react to this? What do you think and what do you say?

    Type Three is adaptable, excelling, driven, and image-conscious.
    Very much the last, but not in a conformist sort of way. I would love to be excelling and driven, and I guess I do ok, but I never think I'm successful enough and I used to be a slacker because of performance anxiety or something. I have high ambitions, which I may not have the courage to pursue for a long time. Because of being image conscious, I think. I'm worried about what people think, and so just hide from attention even though I really want it. I'm not shy about my intellectual abilities. But at the same time I don't want to come across as conceited...
    Would you actually describe yourself as lazy? Do you find that it's difficult to get going to do things? Are you prone to be terrible at procrastination?

    Type Four is expressive, dramatic, self-absorbed, and temperamental.
    I can be all of these at times, but not particularly so except probably being self absorbed (even though I don't mean to be). Temperamental only because I can get annoyed easily; people don't always know it though because I'm quiet. But if I have something I want to express I do it. I don't like drama, but I've been known to get wrapped up in it without knowing that's what I was doing, usually based on false assumptions and paranoia. And then afterward I was ashamed.
    How are you self-absorbed? Also, why are you quiet when annoyed? What are the reasons for that?

    Type Five is perceptive, innovative, secretive, and isolated.
    I'm not secretive at all, and I don't like isolation at all, even though I've tended to be. I have the 5 drive to seek knowledge and understand how thing work though. I'm endlessly curious. If I could live forever I'd end up with a million college degrees.
    I could write you a treatise why getting several college degrees is not an example of how avarice operates here. Anyway, I think we can pretty much safely rule out 5. I don't get any 5 vibes from you at all. The 5 mind is not driven out of a need to be curious (that could rather speak towards 6 or 7), but is driven because if we do not know or understand we experience anxiety and we don't like being anxious.

    Type Six is engaging, responsible, anxious, and suspicious.
    Yep. I'm just not overly loyal, and I don't particularly like established structures and authority and such. I respect what's legitimate, and conform enough to successfully navigate the system.
    Reading the way you've responded thus far I'm kind of inclined to agree with @Elfboy about 9 core being likely (and 9 has a connection to 6 and 3 respectively). There is just a certain way you write that comes off as the psychospiritual laziness that 9s, especially the feeler kind, is prone to express.

    Type Seven is spontaneous, versatile, acquisitive, and scattered.
    All of these, but less spontaneous, and I'm not really materialistic. I like being prepared and having an idea of what's going to happen. If I can't prepare for something I get nervous. Also because I'm not good at efficiently fitting everything I have to do into my schedule, and so I'll be anxious about there being something I should be doing instead.
    The stuff you mentioned about preparation here points more towards 6 than 7. 6s need to prepare to relieve themselves of anxiety.

    Type Eight is self-confident, decisive, willful, and confrontational.
    Sometimes the last two, sometimes self confident, but not decisive. And I don't like feeling like a dominating or imposing kind of person.
    Why not?
    Type Nine is receptive, reassuring, complacent, and resigned.
    Not so much the second two because I'm very optimistic and always coming up with possibilities for positive change in situations.
    What kind of possibilities and changes? Can you provide with a real life example of what you'd think and say in a certain situation?


    That last part is definitely true. See, I was social and outgoing up to age 7 when we moved, and suddenly people thought I was weird; so that's when I created an artificial imaginary social life and lived there for about a decade. I've been trying to become social again ever since I was a teenager, but it's hard because it's such a habit and I don't always know how to act, and I've developed some social anxiety. People and crowds do energize me, it's just that they energize me too much, and I get hyperactive and anxious. So I call myself a closet extrovert because I think I'd be happier if I was, and I've sort of been forced to live the life of an introvert because I didn't know how not to. Anyway, explaining the x. I think it's probably somewhat common. I'm pretty happy as an ambivert, and being INTP has made me good at philosophy.
    I'm sorry but I really fail to see the Ti dominance here and being an INTP has nothing to do with being good at philosophy or not. You are probably an irrational type (S or N dominant) with F as auxiliary so ENFP, ESFP, INFJ and ISFJ. I'm getting more of an Fi vibe personally but it could also be a 4 fix as Elfboy already pointed out.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  4. #34
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    What does being principled mean to you? What does self-control mean to you? Is your perfectionism a moral one or something else? Do you find yourself being prone to guilt-tripping for example?
    I dunno, being principled doesn't mean anything in particular to me that it doesn't for most people. It's not really a personal thing. I have ethical principles and principles on which I think the world works, and I like to live according to them. Self controlled: I just don't like to feel out of control (and I never really do), because that to me means not being grown up and capable, not conscious and aware of things, and slipping into insanity (which scares me). I don't take it to an unhealthy extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    For a good example of an unhealthy mind I'll link you this video of a character who is a 1 and starts losing it:

    Note that all the characters that appear in the video are a representation Vergil's psyche. When the character called Kat for example starts berating him, is this something you relate to in a similar manner? Are you prone to berate yourself?
    I watched about half the video and then got too bored. It's a bit dramatic for my taste. So I guess I don't really relate. I don't berate myself, I don't think. Not consciously anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    How are you people-pleasing? What motivates you to help other people? Also you mention that you can't stand that people are mad at you, how do you react to this? What do you think and what do you say?
    I don't know if I'm thinking of it the right way, but literally I like for other people to be pleased and I have a strong need to be accommodating, because I don't want them to be mad and stop liking me. I don't think I go out of my way for it, or sacrifice myself, but if I'm faced with a situation in which it's that or maybe have a conflict I'd rather just avoid conflict if it doesn't inconvenience me too much. Helping people: I care about people and I want them to be happy, because I empathize. It's more producing positivity than alleviating negativity; making people happy makes me happy. And I just have an instinct to be helpful, like if I can do something and it helps produce a good outcome I'd rather do that than stand around and do nothing. Also I have a good sense of the global community and I feel we are all interconnected. Reacting to people being angry: I try to negotiate. I get triggered if people start accusing me of stuff and judging me, and then I get defensive and argumentative. But underneath I know conflict scares me because I have this unconscious belief that people will overreact and be violent or stop liking me forever, and then I'll be shunned and ostracized and all that stuff. Paranoia basically. Inferior Fe type stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Would you actually describe yourself as lazy? Do you find that it's difficult to get going to do things? Are you prone to be terrible at procrastination?
    I wouldn't describe myself as lazy, I just have poor time management skills. That and some kind of fear of failure and fear of success at the same time plus perfectionism makes me avoid things sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    How are you self-absorbed? Also, why are you quiet when annoyed? What are the reasons for that?
    What I wrote about being a closet extrovert and living in a fantasy world for a long time explains it I think. Not having much of a social life and really wanting one, I created one for myself, and in it I had a lot of attention. So getting out of it I'm just not always aware of other people, although I want to be. I'm not quiet when I'm mad; what I meant is I'm quiet all the time, so when I'm mad sometimes it's hard to tell unless I'm in stubborn argumentative telling someone off mode. Also I get slightly annoyed and frustrated about little things and then immediately forget about them, so there's no point in saying anything unless I'm making it into a funny story.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I could write you a treatise why getting several college degrees is not an example of how avarice operates here. Anyway, I think we can pretty much safely rule out 5. I don't get any 5 vibes from you at all. The 5 mind is not driven out of a need to be curious (that could rather speak towards 6 or 7), but is driven because if we do not know or understand we experience anxiety and we don't like being anxious.
    Oh I didn't mean getting degrees as a sign of avarice, only that I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and analysis, penetrating into the mysterious workings of the universe. I do think I experience anxiety when I don't understand things though. Especially if someone thinks they do and isn't explaining it to me. That really annoys me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Reading the way you've responded thus far I'm kind of inclined to agree with @Elfboy about 9 core being likely (and 9 has a connection to 6 and 3 respectively). There is just a certain way you write that comes off as the psychospiritual laziness that 9s, especially the feeler kind, is prone to express.
    Perhaps so. What do you mean by psychospiritual laziness?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    The stuff you mentioned about preparation here points more towards 6 than 7. 6s need to prepare to relieve themselves of anxiety.
    Sounds about right.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Why not?
    Why do I not want to be dominating and imposing? I guess because I'm easily intimidated and I don't want to intimidate others? Because I don't want to make them feel bad and oppress them?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    What kind of possibilities and changes? Can you provide with a real life example of what you'd think and say in a certain situation?
    Hm...like if I was in a job where I wasn't happy I'd come up with ways to improve the situation, make myself happier, get better at it, and think of what jobs I'd rather have, how to get them, what I'd ideally like to do, etc. I don't resign myself to much of anything. And I'm not complacent because I'm an idea person.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I'm sorry but I really fail to see the Ti dominance here and being an INTP has nothing to do with being good at philosophy or not. You are probably an irrational type (S or N dominant) with F as auxiliary so ENFP, ESFP, INFJ and ISFJ. I'm getting more of an Fi vibe personally but it could also be a 4 fix as Elfboy already pointed out.
    I don't expect you to agree with me, because I know I don't come across as NTP, but Ti-Fe is something I'm decided on, so that's not on the agenda. And actually it does mean I'd be better at philosophy; it's one of the suggested and popular careers for INTP, and it utilizes the type's natural talents. What I meant though is that being introverted has produced the necessary introspection to really get into ideas and focus on them, and follow through, instead of always getting distracted with socializing and stuff. I'm still very ADHD, so I can only expect I'd be more so if I was a true extrovert.

    You and @Elfboy seem to know a lot about Enneagram, so I appreciate your opinions. And thanks @Mal+.


    6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

  5. #35
    Senior Member Array Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I dunno, being principled doesn't mean anything in particular to me that it doesn't for most people. It's not really a personal thing. I have ethical principles and principles on which I think the world works, and I like to live according to them.
    What you express here is Fi, not Ti.
    Self controlled: I just don't like to feel out of control (and I never really do), because that to me means not being grown up and capable, not conscious and aware of things, and slipping into insanity (which scares me).
    That in bold genuinely point towards competency but even so you are holding yourself back.

    I don't take it to an unhealthy extreme.
    9 logic.
    I watched about half the video and then got too bored. It's a bit dramatic for my taste. So I guess I don't really relate. I don't berate myself, I don't think. Not consciously anyway.
    But the point was more about the character exposition than whether it was dramatic. This response here also seems to indicate 9 laziness.

    I don't know if I'm thinking of it the right way, but literally I like for other people to be pleased and I have a strong need to be accommodating, because I don't want them to be mad and stop liking me.
    9 values.

    I don't think I go out of my way for it, or sacrifice myself, but if I'm faced with a situation in which it's that or maybe have a conflict I'd rather just avoid conflict if it doesn't inconvenience me too much.
    9 logic, especially the part about conflict being an inconvenience. Points towards positive outlook.

    Helping people: I care about people and I want them to be happy, because I empathize. It's more producing positivity than alleviating negativity; making people happy makes me happy. And I just have an instinct to be helpful, like if I can do something and it helps produce a good outcome I'd rather do that than stand around and do nothing. Also I have a good sense of the global community and I feel we are all interconnected.
    My impression of the line in bold says Fi and/or soc as an instinct. I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

    R
    eacting to people being angry: I try to negotiate.
    More 9 logic.

    I get triggered if people start accusing me of stuff and judging me, and then I get defensive and argumentative.
    Sounds like inferior Te or inferior thinking in general.
    But underneath I know conflict scares me (1) because I have this unconscious belief that people will overreact and be violent or stop liking me forever, (2) and then I'll be shunned and ostracized and all that stuff. (3) Paranoia basically. Inferior Fe type stuff.
    To explain the numbers:
    1. Suggests withdrawn type.
    2. This is 9 logic in a nutshell, especially the part in bold.
    3. This sounds really like soc first.

    Lastly, none of what you described here is really indicative of inferior Fe.

    I wouldn't describe myself as lazy, I just have poor time management skills.
    lol positive outlook much?

    That and some kind of fear of failure and fear of success at the same time plus perfectionism makes me avoid things sometimes.
    1 logic.

    What I wrote about being a closet extrovert and living in a fantasy world for a long time explains it I think. Not having much of a social life and really wanting one, I created one for myself, and in it I had a lot of attention.
    This again suggests soc instinct being a strong motivation for you. You are very community-oriented and have a strong sense of community and a need to belong.

    So getting out of it I'm just not always aware of other people, although I want to be. I'm not quiet when I'm mad; what I meant is I'm quiet all the time, so when I'm mad sometimes it's hard to tell unless I'm in stubborn argumentative telling someone off mode.
    That you're unaware of other people doesn't really speak much for Fe, and the part in bold really suggests inferior thinking.

    Also I get slightly annoyed and frustrated about little things and then immediately forget about them, so there's no point in saying anything unless I'm making it into a funny story.
    9 logic in a nutshell.
    Oh I didn't mean getting degrees as a sign of avarice, only that I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and analysis, penetrating into the mysterious workings of the universe. I do think I experience anxiety when I don't understand things though. Especially if someone thinks they do and isn't explaining it to me. That really annoys me.
    More signs of inferior thinking here. None of what you described is particularly indicative of you being a 5 either way.
    Perhaps so. What do you mean by psychospiritual laziness?
    A way to describe that 9s generally lack insight into themselves and they are afraid of personal introspection.
    Why do I not want to be dominating and imposing? I guess because I'm easily intimidated and I don't want to intimidate others? Because I don't want to make them feel bad and oppress them?
    Fi logic. You draw values from within yourself.

    Hm...like if I was in a job where I wasn't happy I'd come up with ways to improve the situation,
    Could point towards Te with Ne.

    make myself happier, get better at it,
    The part in bold suggests competency.

    and think of what jobs I'd rather have, how to get them, what I'd ideally like to do, etc. I don't resign myself to much of anything. And I'm not complacent because I'm an idea person.
    Positive outlook logic and most specifically 9 logic. Avoiding what is difficult by rather creating a fantasy world where all the good things are already being played out.

    I don't expect you to agree with me, because I know I don't come across as NTP, but Ti-Fe is something I'm decided on, so that's not on the agenda. And actually it does mean I'd be better at philosophy; it's one of the suggested and popular careers for INTP, and it utilizes the type's natural talents. What I meant though is that being introverted has produced the necessary introspection to really get into ideas and focus on them, and follow through, instead of always getting distracted with socializing and stuff. I'm still very ADHD, so I can only expect I'd be more so if I was a true extrovert.
    Suggests withdrawn integration but the fact you mention distraction as an issue suggests 9, not 4 or 5. Also, your focus on socialization really suggests soc first to me again.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  6. #36
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,039

    Default

    Great analysis, @LeaT. I probably am a 9 then. I'll research it some more and see if it fits. So 9w1, 6w7, 3w4 is my working hypothesis at the moment.


    6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

  7. #37
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    12,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post

    You and @Elfboy seem to know a lot about Enneagram, so I appreciate your opinions. And thanks @Mal+.
    This illustrates one reason I don't post here very often anymore. It's just a waste of time and effort.
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

  8. #38
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    This illustrates one reason I don't post here very often anymore. It's just a waste of time and effort.
    ?


    6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

  9. #39
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,039

    Default

    I've decided I'm 9w1. The description I read fit, and it said 9's have characteristics of every type, and often get mistyped as 4's or 5's because they retreat into their heads and daydream. I could change my mind later, but I think it fits.

    See, I don't resist being typed by other people if I think what people are saying is right.

    Thanks, everybody.


    6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

  10. #40
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,039

    Default

    Does anyone think I could be a 1w9?


    6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

Similar Threads

  1. BULLYING: Personality type with a tendency to bully others? Type of the victims?
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 11:07 AM
  2. Heredity of Personality Type: the type of your mother, father and yours?
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 02:05 PM
  3. Opinion Poll: What's greenfairy's type?
    By greenfairy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-12-2013, 11:05 PM
  4. [E2] Spotting differences between a Type 2 ENFP vs Type 2 ENFJ
    By Phoenix in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO