Thread: Greenfairy's E-type

philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Enneagram test results:
    5w6, 3w2, 9w1.

I had read the descriptions and thought 5w4 fit better than 5w6, but maybe not. I know I'm definitely 6-ish, and 5ish, and probably not as much 4-ish, even though I apparently give off that vibe to people here. Maybe I am very 4-ish, just not as much as 5 and 6. I am pretty ambitious (3w2), but most people probably can't tell because I haven't accomplished nearly as much as I have wanted to- so I'm just a perfectionist. Which might be a 6 quality. As for 9, I suppose that's accurate. I dunno.

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Many of your posts have a blatant ''look how special I am" vibe that I associate with E3, so I think it's a good guess.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Many of your posts have a blatant ''look how special I am" vibe that I associate with E3, so I think it's a good guess.
    So not everyone likes to think they are special? Or I am just extreme? You're probably right. I won't lie, if I was raised the wrong way I'd probably become a narcissist.

Well to be fair, I think other people are special too!

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

It's because from the ages of 8 to early-20-something I didn't have much social success, so my imaginary artificial social life was the only way I could keep from feeling invisible. And consequently I felt I needed a lot of attention and recognition to make up for it. I don't think I'm just inherently self absorbed. Probably. :/ I don't want to be, and I know that's not a successful attitude if you're not extremely charismatic.

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    So not everyone likes to think they are special?
    Pretty much every western does.
    Or I am just extreme?
    Depends. It's about average if you use other E3s as a parameter.
    As special as you? (rhetorical question)
    It's because from the ages of 8 to early-20-something I didn't have much social success, so my imaginary artificial social life was the only way I could keep from feeling invisible.
    Maybe that's why you came up with the imaginary fairies idea?
    And consequently I felt I needed a lot of attention and recognition to make up for it. I don't think I'm just inherently self absorbed. Probably. :/ I don't want to be, and I know that's not a successful attitude if you're not extremely charismatic.
    Perhaps it's time to focus on people other than you?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

As special as you? (rhetorical question)
    Of course. There are plenty of people who are way more awesome than I am. And we're all unique.
    Maybe that's why you came up with the imaginary fairies idea?
    Well, I wasn't the one who came up with it. But yes, I suppose people who think they are fairies like to think they are more special than normal humans. It's all a question of development though- a lot of people have the potential to be fairies and they don't develop it. And even more people are meant to just be very evolved humans, which aren't inferior to fairies, just different.
    Perhaps it's time to focus on people other than you?
    Yeah, it's what I've been working on for the past decade and a half, getting outside of myself and learning how to be social. It's not that I think I'm better than other people, I just don't 100% know what to do with them yet.

And this website does get a somewhat different version of me. I talk about myself on here because it's about typology, and I use it to understand myself because that's more important to me than using it to understand other people at the moment (because I can understand other people in other ways). And because I don't think I can adequately understand other people unless I can compare them to myself, and so if I do that incorrectly by not understanding my own type, that's counterproductive. So in real life I am a lot less focused on myself, at least when I talk to people. And since I'm trying to be more social, my socializing is done primarily in real life and not on the internet. Which means I use the website for figuring myself out (and then other people), and if I want to talk about ideas and get to know people I'll do it in real life. Does that make sense?

But...I just figured something out. And that's if I want feedback I should give it. I didn't think it was really necessary, because people on here seem to really like analyzing other people (I figured that's why they are here), so I thought by being a puzzle I'd get feedback from people who like to solve puzzles. Inferior Fe again I suppose. Most people are more personal and don't just like solving puzzles- but then again this website is full of INTP's who very well might fit the former description.

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

My first choice for you would be 4w3. Second choice: 3w4 (which is what I answered on the poll, then backpedaled from). 4w3 would explain how hard it is for you to type yourself, and it would explain this post:
    So not everyone likes to think they are special? Or I am just extreme? You're probably right. I won't lie, if I was raised the wrong way I'd probably become a narcissist.

My simple answer to the bolded would be "not really", but my more complex answer would be: I think everyone can acknowledge that everyone is unique, and no two people are exactly the same. But that generally excepted fact isn't something that everyone cares about. I don't care all that much about it. I don't put a ton of stock in being special (though I don't object when people tell me I am ).
    But...I just figured something out. And that's if I want feedback I should give it. I didn't think it was really necessary, because people on here seem to really like analyzing other people (I figured that's why they are here), so I thought by being a puzzle I'd get feedback from people who like to solve puzzles. Inferior Fe again I suppose. Most people are more personal and don't just like solving puzzles- but then again this website is full of INTP's who very well might fit the former description.
    ^ This sort of attitude is part of why I thought 3, for a while -- and why I voted 3 in the poll. Catering your behavior to your environment almost to the point of changing who you are to suit the situation.
    ^ Yes. That "special" vibe was a huge part of why I thought either 3 or 4.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    My first choice for you would be 4w3. Second choice: 3w4 (which is what I answered on the poll, then backpedaled from). 4w3 would explain how hard it is for you to type yourself, and it would explain this post:

My simple answer to the bolded would be "not really", but my more complex answer would be: I think everyone can acknowledge that everyone is unique, and no two people are exactly the same. But that generally excepted fact isn't something that everyone cares about. I don't care all that much about it. I don't put a ton of stock in being special (though I don't object when people tell me I am ).
    ^ This sort of attitude is part of why I thought 3, for a while -- and why I voted 3 in the poll. Catering your behavior to your environment almost to the point of changing who you are to suit the situation.

^ Yes. That "special" vibe was a huge part of why I thought either 3 or 4.
    Hm, you might be right. I'm pretty 5 and 6 ish as well though, so one is first in the tri-type and the other is second. Here's how I went about it: since all the numbers seem like just part of one personality to me, I decided to follow this method: find my essential quality Descartes style by subtracting everything I can until I find something I wouldn't be me without. I definitely wouldn't be myself without analytical thought and the search for truth, so I tentatively decided on 5. In the gut area I could subtract power and peace, but I couldn't subtract principles, so 1 would make sense there. In the heart area I could subtract helping and pleasing and whatever, and then it's a close call for 3 and 4 stuff.

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

Not quite this, not quite that. I used to think that type of stuff was indicative of 3 co-fix or core-fix, as it seemed to me that it suggested an adaptable self image, but I don't think that anymore. I confused vague for malleable. Anyways, people were suggesting 3 and 4, which caught my eye and made me wonder. I mean if your sig is any indication of your self image...

Although I have to say, there's some sort of resemblance in you that I've seen in others (other forums). I think 9 is in there somewhere, perhaps even as a core. The 9s that I've seen have done this...

- They go and ask questions regarding their type.
    - They get opinions.
    - The general result is, "thanks but no thanks."
    - After some time, they come back with similar if not the same question.
    - Rinse-Repeat

This may be the 9 ego defense in the works. It's similar to the vagueness that is described of the 4 identity. What I see here is relating to a shell of the types and never fully further going down. It's a bit telling of how you relate to the types.

Maybe you can reveal how you react to stresses. If you identify with 5 and 6, then how does your mind work? Is there a "need to know?" And if you don't have enough information, how do you feel?

This sort of attitude is part of why I thought 3, for a while -- and why I voted 3 in the poll. Catering your behavior to your environment almost to the point of changing who you are to suit the situation.
    There's another type... the social 9.

Sorry if this stuff is out of the blue. I know this is likely meant for public participation, but I get the feeling sometimes that I tend to "crash the party uninvited," so to speak. I'm lacking in appropriateness somewhere, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Not quite this, not quite that. I used to think that type of stuff was indicative of 3 co-fix or core-fix, as it seemed to me that it suggested an adaptable self image, but I don't think that anymore. I confused vague for malleable. Anyways, people were suggesting 3 and 4, which caught my eye and made me wonder. I mean if your sig is any indication of your self image...

Although I have to say, there's some sort of resemblance in you that I've seen in others (other forums). I think 9 is in there somewhere, perhaps even as a core. The 9s that I've seen have done this...

- They go and ask questions regarding their type.
    - They get opinions.
    - The general result is, "thanks but no thanks."
    - After some time, they come back with similar if not the same question.
    - Rinse-Repeat

This may be the 9 ego defense in the works. It's similar to the vagueness that is described of the 4 identity. What I see here is relating to a shell of the types and never fully further going down. It's a bit telling of how you relate to the types.

Maybe you can reveal how you react to stresses. If you identify with 5 and 6, then how does your mind work? Is there a "need to know?" And if you don't have enough information, how do you feel?

There's another type... the social 9.

Sorry if this stuff is out of the blue. I know this is likely meant for public participation, but I get the feeling sometimes that I tend to "crash the party uninvited," so to speak. I'm lacking in appropriateness somewhere, not sure.
    I agree with this thinking.

It looks as though you're superficially trying on all the of the types as though they're hats, perhaps looking to resonate with the attractive qualities you think being a certain type confers upon you rather than really getting in to the neurosis of each type and seeing if that's present within your psyche.