• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type of vibe to you get from the different instinctual variants?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
to me, they generally come across as follows
So/Sp: politician, activist, soldier, comedian
So/Sx: dog-like, buddy, frat boy/sorority girl
Sp/So: accountant, businessman
Sp/Sx: spy, seducer, cat-like, reclusive writer
Sx/Sp: diva, vampire,
Sx/So: sex drugs and rock 'n roll, cult leader

PS: before anyone accuses me or stereotyping, I'm well aware that not all members of the above subtypes are going to be like that. I'm simply stating how most come across to me

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have been accused of having this rock-star energy all my life ;) And for a time, I was actually on stage part of a rock band. Haha. Not saying that this means anything with regards to accurate typing - but I can live with the stigma of being this rock-star cult leader type :p

G

Glycerine

A couple people actually suggested that I become an accountant...

Nicki

Retired

PS: before anyone accuses me or stereotyping, I'm well aware that not all members of the above subtypes are going to be like that. I'm simply stating how most come across to me

Pretty accurate IMO

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems about right.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Hmm I suppose I COULD get used to being a dog-like buddy.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Which one is pot-head? So/sx? People have asked if I was high on more than one occasion. :(

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Which one is pot-head? So/sx? People have asked if I was high on more than one occasion. :(

That's because you're a 9, dear :hug:

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I have balanced sx and sp, and I'd say I'm pretty much a blend of these two descriptions.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my boyfriend calls me a vampire all the time, I don't know about diva though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do SX/SO(s) give off the "sex, drugs and rock n' roll/cult leader" vibe?

- they have a fire/ice energy to them
- use supporting So to infiltrate a group and dominant Sx to pull people they like into their own group

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- they have a fire/ice energy to them
- use supporting So to infiltrate a group and dominant Sx to pull people they like into their own group

lol hot and cold? Tell me Mr. Elfboy, tell me about their fire/ice energy. I'd like to know more.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I tested as sp and so equal, and sx dominant; but in this description sp/sx is way more me. I'm pretty sure I'm sx/sp though, because of the mystical energy-merging combined with a messed up sense of boundaries (which makes me uncomfortable).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could hardly describe it better than that.

sp/soc: The most straightfoward in language, with relatively little trills and embellishments. Points made directly and from personal experience. Business-like. Clear. Cynical. Lacking in internal experience compared to other stackings.

sp/sx: Comes out as somewhat heavy and gloomy, or cool and detached. Often gives out a suffocating and insular vibe, as if their internal world is wrapped around by an impermeable membrane. Strong sensory impressions designed to awake sexuality. Makes one want to linger on one or two lines forever.

soc/sp: Tangential. Lots of details and analysis. Very in-their-head and intellectual, and lacks sensuality. Comes across as level-headed and unspontaneous, but also with personal warmth. Their written works often require a great deal of mental concentration from the readers.

soc/sx: The word "fantastical" comes to mind. Lots of virtuosity and trills, and often removed from the real world. One is whirled away by the dazzling fairies of their colorful imagination. Can be too rich in imagery for their own good. Sustained dramatic power due to their knowledge of interpersonal dynamics.

sx/sp: Intense, often a stab-in-the-chest sensation, leaving me in tears without knowing why. Fantastical but much more concentrated in a few inner images. Can be abstract, animating dead objects into their field of contemplation. Embodiment of another human, thing, or idea is common in their writings.

sx/soc: My impression of their writing is "fire-and-ice", as if one is to experience the extremes of heat and coldness at the same time. Often abstract, spilling one inner vision after another like a dream-sequence. Seems particularly in touch with the core meaning of life and death.