User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    Wow dude... I assume these are descriptions of reactions to the differing writing styles? That's scary... I write quite a bit and that's what people have said all right...
    I think it's a mix of description of writing and of the aura and physical presence. That's really the vibe that I get from the Sx/Sp. They have that sort of strong and magnetic presence who lakes you react strongly, in one way or another. They send also that "stab-in-the-chest" sensation, in coimparaison with Sx/So who send more a "fire and ice" sensation, and a sort of boundless wildfire.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I think it's a mix of description of writing and of the aura and physical presence. That's really the vibe that I get from the Sx/Sp. They have that sort of strong and magnetic presence who lakes you react strongly, in one way or another. They send also that "stab-in-the-chest" sensation, in coimparaison with Sx/So who send more a "fire and ice" sensation, and a sort of boundless wildfire.
    Aren't you Sx/So?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    Aren't you Sx/So?
    I'm quite betwwen the both, but I lean a bit more on Sx/Sp I think.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I could hardly describe it better than that.
    soc/sp: Tangential. Lots of details and analysis. Very in-their-head and intellectual, and lacks sensuality. Comes across as level-headed and unspontaneous, but also with personal warmth. Their written works often require a great deal of mental concentration from the readers.
    Holy uncanny resemblance, Batman

(To be sure, the others don't really resonate with me.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

The way I understand instinct is about most preferred and second-most preferred "places". (Edited list!)

Sp/So - a native who explores new countries regularly.
    Sp/Sx - a native who returns to a couple "adopted" countries regularly.
    So/Sp - a nomad who returns to one home country regularly.
    So/Sx - a nomad who who returns to a couple "adopted" countries regularly.
    Sx/Sp - an expat who returns to a home country regularly.
    Sx/So - an expat who explores new countries regularly.

I think you can really see this in terms of "arenas" people frequent. For example, Sx/So me tends to drown myself in/with a handful of preferred activities/people, but if I'm not doing that, I tend to lean outwards to the social realm. My So/Sp friend tends to engage in social activities - family dinners or study groups or networking - but if she's not doing that, she's pampering herself. My Sp/Sx boyfriend tends to make sure his personal needs are met, but if he's not doing that, he's cuddling up with me or engaging in/with one of a handful of preferred activities/people. And of course it's not that we don't care about the last instinct, but we just don't prioritize it as much, and we only have so much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia.
    Yeah, makes sense, and it's been commented on quite a bit in the literature on sx primaries in general - i.e. the polarization factor. So you think that is more likely to happen with an sx/sp than an sx/so?
    I would assume so, because Sx/So "buffers" the Sx with social caution - we're more careful not to let Sx directly oppose So, whereas at least personally I allow Sx concerns to sabotage Sp with fair frequency. I regret it, of course, but not enough that I actively prevent it very often. I figure that it's the mirror for Sx/Sp, where you're more careful not to let Sx directly oppose Sp, but Sx may sabotage So without much personal upset.
    Last edited by skylights; 02-05-2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: boyfriend is Sp/Sx not So/Sx way to undermine my own argument typo thanks

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

soc/sx: The word "fantastical" comes to mind. Lots of virtuosity and trills, and often removed from the real world. One is whirled away by the dazzling fairies of their colorful imagination. Can be too rich in imagery for their own good. Sustained dramatic power due to their knowledge of interpersonal dynamics.
    Hm. Doesn't seem terribly SJ? Or at least, as an SJ, I'm having a hard time getting past all that flowery rhetoric. "Dazzling fairies of their colorful imagination"?
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    The way I understand instinct is about most preferred and second-most preferred "places". (Edited list!)

Sp/So - a native who explores new countries regularly.
    Sp/Sx - a native who returns to a couple "adopted" countries regularly.
    So/Sp - a nomad who returns to one home country regularly.
    So/Sx - a nomad who who returns to a couple "adopted" countries regularly.
    Sx/Sp - an expat who returns to a home country regularly.
    Sx/So - an expat who explores new countries regularly.

I think you can really see this in terms of "arenas" people frequent. For example, Sx/So me tends to drown myself in/with a handful of preferred activities/people, but if I'm not doing that, I tend to lean outwards to the social realm. My So/Sp friend tends to engage in social activities - family dinners or study groups or networking - but if she's not doing that, she's pampering herself. My So/Sx boyfriend tends to make sure his personal needs are met, but if he's not doing that, he's cuddling up with me or engaging in/with one of a handful of preferred activities/people. And of course it's not that we don't care about the last instinct, but we just don't prioritize it as much, and we only have so much time.
    +1. Great post.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Hm. Doesn't seem terribly SJ? Or at least, as an SJ, I'm having a hard time getting past all that flowery rhetoric. "Dazzling fairies of their colorful imagination"?
    Works for me

Actually even when I thought I was a Sp/So I always related to that writing description the best. *whistles*

My take on the op too much stereotype.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Works for me

Actually even when I thought I was a Sp/So I always related to that writing description the best. *whistles*
    But that is because you are an Ne-dom!

I mean, what the hell would Te imagination-fairies look like? High-strung, bossy Tinkerbells with clipboards and graph paper?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Didn't you once say you had a tattoo of a dazzling fairy on your butt?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

My brother told me I'd make a good cult leader.