User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    People "do drugs" by having experiences, too. They play with their chemistry and their brain patterns. If you bungee jump off a bridge, or you get on a roller coaster, you're in a sense doing drugs. You're forcing your body to produce certain chemicals, fast, into your bloodstream, for your pleasure. If you meditate, you're training your body to stay in a certain groove of brain wave for longer than it normally would. So using drugs is just an easy way to achieve effects in our bodies. It's not evil. If you could be sure of what you were buying on the street and exactly how much to take safely and were in no danger of arrest, whyever not do a little every once in awhile, for the pleasure of it, just like you would go on a roller coaster or go bungee jumping, for the pleasure of it. (I can't think of an analogy for less speed-like drugs, but I'm sure they exist.)
    Yeah, exactly- this is that difference between use & abuse I was pointing toward. Most people seem to think they're one in the same, due to societal stigma, laws, etc.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    I just don't understand why you think 4s would be less likely to try drugs, because if we're going to get stereotypical with it, I'd think we'd be among the most likely. 9s too...
    each ennea WITH WINGS has its specific attitudes which make _likelihoods_ of behaving in certain patterns which then count in the overall.

and ahem, i didnt say 4w5s, only 4w3 because of the attitude of thinking other people as pathetic, its especially noticeable at sober 4w3s thinking drug users are pathetic.

alone these little attitudes dont make people sober, but having them create attitudes which contribute into soberity.

and actually i would count 4w5 in the side which contributes into higher likelihood of drugs, because of the adventurous and carefree nature of 4w5.

its stupid not to differentiate wings, cause they are essentially opposites of each other even though they have the same core.. like i find 9w8 the most disgusting of all enneagrams, its just incomprehendably hard to even grasp how disgusting i can perceive them. like rotten from the core.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

People "do drugs" by having experiences, too. They play with their chemistry and their brain patterns. If you bungee jump off a bridge, or you get on a roller coaster, you're in a sense doing drugs. You're forcing your body to produce certain chemicals, fast, into your bloodstream, for your pleasure. If you meditate, you're training your body to stay in a certain groove of brain wave for longer than it normally would. So using drugs is just an easy way to achieve effects in our bodies. It's not evil. If you could be sure of what you were buying on the street and exactly how much to take safely and were in no danger of arrest, whyever not do a little every once in awhile, for the pleasure of it, just like you would go on a roller coaster or go bungee jumping, for the pleasure of it. (I can't think of an analogy for less speed-like drugs, but I'm sure they exist.) Even animals like to get in a little bit of an altered state when they can.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

LOL, why are they rotten from the core?
    @phobik bwahahahaha yup

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    probably some emotional issues combined with lack of motivation to choose better even though you wished you could, perhaps you got a mate or found a really good friend which gave you the inner strentgh, or perhaps a hobby or job.
    not only not in the same ballpark, but not even the right sport

to shut off my brain so that I could relax and enjoy my life... the freedom from being ME that it gave me was the thing that I loved the most and miss the most still

and I finally got my act together because I realized that I couldn't control it and that it was running my life instead of me... and I did it without support because it's nobody else's business

i have all the enneagrams which i believe are most drug averse in my triad, yet even i have tried drugs. I would say its our human stupidity of not believing unless experienced, and it took a significant decrease in brain capabilities for me to realize it.
    I happen to have a 5w6 who is quite close to me who is a former alcoholic, and I have watched a 4 slip and slide deeper into addiction and I live with a 6 who had to go through years of counselling to kick a hard drug habit and I KNOW that there's plenty of others just like them out there
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

People "do drugs" by having experiences, too. They play with their chemistry and their brain patterns. If you bungee jump off a bridge, or you get on a roller coaster, you're in a sense doing drugs. You're forcing your body to produce certain chemicals, fast, into your bloodstream, for your pleasure.
    By that definition, I do use drugs and by drugs I mean sex. Or hell, even kissing can make my brain feel like it's been washed in happy chemicals. Of couse, even that I do in my risk averse way.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Yup. It's the same thing. Kissing and sex is making feel good drugs in your body. That's what you do it for, unless you're making a baby.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Wow. This thread.........

First, you are asking about a theory based on a supposed observation of yours that is completely biased & inaccurate. You cannot understand why people do drugs, so therefore you make assumptions that place you at a higher vantage point. Am I correct?

I also used to not understand when I was younger. I don't think I would've gone as far as posting what you have, though.

Secondly, ask yourself some things. How do you know anything you observe is "real?" (What is reality?) What defines a drug? Who told you what the effects were? Could they possibly be giving you all the information & in a correct form? Some people may ask themselves questions like this. People are very skeptical, and want to know first hand how things truly are. There is probably your biggest reason for people doing drugs, in my opinion. (notice I say "in my opinion"??)

I enjoy doing certain "drugs." Some are relaxing, some give me energy when I need, some give me vision and some give insights I wouldn't have sober. That's why I do them. Does this make me stupid or reckless??

Hey, by the way, I work at a CPA firm going on 6 years, and I taught myself accounting. I am the ONLY person at my firm without a degree. I went to college for music, but had to dropout.

Also this: http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/1...ed-to-drug-use

You could probably find similar studies, also...

Dude, I think you need to realize that you don't have all the answers. We are all tiny little specks who don't know shit. Open your mind a little. Look up at the sky.
    INTP
    5w4
    Phlegmatic

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/