User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Default The misassumptions people make of us

people make assumptions of others constantly, now is the time to unfold those times they go off the target!

Also try to explain what enneas in your triad, instincts or\and mbti type is related to those misperceptions.

For me, the most usual assumption people make is that i am an intellectual snob whose only interested in himself and thinks of all other humans as inferior. Well they got my type infj right as we are known for seemingly being stuck in our own worlds which we often are and in my case they just happen to pick on my 4w3 and theorize what evil might be where they cant see.

This misassumption is not entirely incorrect, i used to enjoy the humour of acting intellectual snob.. Its.. Uhm.. FUN! =D
    the sensors dont understand my humour <.< *rolls eyes* which is why i only do it in games these days. Nowadays that humour is replaced by acting socially dumb by being silly. i really like to push the boundaries of my sexual instinct in socially undeniable ways
    they cant blame me cause my eyes are full of innocence =)
    ahh, thank the nine for that! =) eh.. I smile too much =D

Another misassumption is that im too peaceful to stand for myself so go ahead and abuse me. I will threaten to murder you if you think so.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I am a 7w6 2w3 9w8 sx/so (plus an ESFP. Whew!) People don't seem to take me seriously, and I suppose I can see why. Just imagine someone with that tritype and those instinctual variants. You imagined someone ridiculous, right? I am a little ridiculous, it's true. I'm not stupid though. I'm just unpretentious. People tend to try to give me directions in my own neighborhood and ask me if I need any help with mundane tasks such as doing laundry, or making ramen noodles...

I am kind of a loose cannon, I suppose. I don't care about money, I don't like responsibility, I'm a bit naïve in assuming there is good in everyone. HOWEVER, secretly I've always considered myself a bit of an intellectual. Since I was a kid though, I've been treated like an idiot, more or less. I like to have fun too much. I've never really bothered to learn how to do laundry properly or do long division. I got better shit to do.

Surely not all 7s are like this, but that is one of the ways that I personally tend to portray myself as a 7. I do have a few close friends that recognize my true nature, fortunately. They see me as silly but capable of rational thought. I also must say that things have improved over the years in that regard because I don't really play the "clown" all the time anymore. I am notoriously averse to serious discussion, particularly of grave matters, so I have always tried to keep things light and pleasant. I am still like that, but not so loud. XD

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

@roastingmallows i have a mother 7w6 esfp and most likely sx so too so i can see where that would come from.

I think irresponsibility is one of the core esfp traits, only enhancing 7's apparent lack of giving even the slightest attention to others well being.

I too have people expecting of me being unable to deal with mundane tasks, which is just a perfect excuse for accepting their help. While the truth is that i just dont want to deal with them.

Also people expect im serious even when i do something silly which i never would. Intuitors however tend to see through that, so to them im serious when silly ^_^
    i guess my frequency of seriousness variates like a rollercoaster and i pull others too into a ride.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

MBTI
    ESTP

I gave in and took the test and scored as a 7w8, I have a very dual personality between darkness and light so I've grown used to people mis-perceiving things about me these past few years. I've just learned it's a choice between who's mis-perceptions are worth sticking out and when it's better off to hit the highway.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

People miss my underlying 9w8 anger and presume that I'm always going to let things be.

Nah-uh.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

a few misconceptions about 7w6
    - we're all jittery, nervous balls of energy
    - we can't be assertive when we need to be
    - we're always happy
    - we aren't intelligent or intellectual
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Misassumptions about 6s:

-we are blind follower of authorithy, unable to do think by ourselves
    -we have no creativity
    -we can't do anything unconventional, glamorous or spectacular
    -we never do anything illegal
    -we ne ver take risks
    -all 6w5s are Republicans, all 6w7 are Democrats
    -we are all SJs
    -we all look like this
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

garbage

Misconceptions? If people constantly misunderstood me or where I'm coming from, I try to correct for that. ..and/or I'll be taken how I want to be taken.

Best I can think of is that I come across as much more confident than I really am. I'm confident, but not that confident.

Also, that at times I come across as more generally outgoing than I am; other times, more generally reserved than I am.

/3w4

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Misconceptions? If people constantly misunderstood me or where I'm coming from, I try to correct for that. ..and/or I'll be taken how I want to be taken.

Best I can think of is that I come across as much more confident than I really am. I'm confident, but not that confident.

Also, that at times I come across as more generally outgoing than I am; other times, more generally reserved than I am.
    I usually correct mistaken assumptions that come up in established relationships, but otherwise I often let them persist for a time, especially if they involve someone underestimating me or assuming I follow some default pattern. It's just another way of holding my cards close to my chest, so I can choose when to correct which assumption.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

There aren't enough of us out there for there to be many assumptions.