User Tag List

First 123 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I usually correct mistaken assumptions that come up in established relationships, but otherwise I often let them persist for a time, especially if they involve someone underestimating me or assuming I follow some default pattern. It's just another way of holding my cards close to my chest, so I can choose when to correct which assumption.
    I am fairly similar in this regard. Other reasons why I might not correct assumptions is because I don't see any relevance or importance in doing so or it's really none of their business (it's not my job to prove myself to irrelevant people).

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

5w6
    We don't/can't feel things strongly
    We are not aware of how we really feel about things
    We're all good at math, science, and computers
    We're all socially clumsy
    We're all hyper intellectual people who flash our Mensa cards and talk down to the less intellectually gifted

6w5
    Basically what @Speed Gavroche said
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I usually correct mistaken assumptions that come up in established relationships, but otherwise I often let them persist for a time, especially if they involve someone underestimating me or assuming I follow some default pattern. It's just another way of holding my cards close to my chest, so I can choose when to correct which assumption.
    I do this as well, although it doesn't work as well for me because at some point...you have to be able to produce the results that make people rethink their view of you.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    the sensors dont understand my humour <.< *rolls eyes*
    last night, i was hanging out with a few friends, and someone asked about Jews not liking it when other people wear "that little hat" (since apparently I'm licensed to talk for all Jews)..

I made a joke that it's because we want to be special and be a minority forever.

about 20 minutes later:

now when i said it i giggled a bit - i thought it was pretty funny, but because of the delay in the reaction for everyone else, it wasn't "hahaha" funny, it was "huh, that's sort of clever" funny.

so who failed:
    did they fail at getting the joke?
    did i fail at delivering it?

i can gloat in pride and say it's the first, but realistically speaking, i was the one who wanted to make others laugh and didn't achieve my goal. picking the first interpretation would basically mean being snobbish about my own failure.

being a snob is about being proud of your own failures to communicate. it's the little child pouting "i'm a good thrower! it's not my fault everyone else can't catch the ball!".

p.s.

garbage

Oh yeah, I forgot about the cases where misconceptions can be considered useful information and dealt with accordingly--correcting the bits that matter, when they matter.

I'll have to caveat what I said: when it's important for others to understand me, I'll want to clear them up misconceptions right away.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

When people who see crazy concepts springing from an eccentric weirdo think the person is in a TiNi loop.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I don't think a 4 has contributed yet, so I figured I'd have a go.

Common misassumptions about 4's:
    - We are solely ornamental and thus, useless.
    - We want to be alone.
    - We are anxty drama queens that can never be rational.
    - We are arrogant snobs.
    - We can't be satisfied in life.
    - We must be Emo, Goth or some other alernative/dark style.
    Last edited by small.wonder; 02-11-2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: I realize misassumption isn't truly a word and had to justify it. Seriously.

Just because you join a typology community, you have to be a typology snob. The nerve.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

50% of strangers interpret my constant boredom as constant hatred, many take offense and react to it but cannot articulate why they're upset... so the problem has never been fixed. I have people tell me I have an attitude problem, or that I'm a dick. Meanwhile I feel peachy and am rather confused by these accusations.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    50% of strangers interpret my constant boredom as constant hatred, many take offense and react to it but cannot articulate why they're upset... so the problem has never been fixed. I have people tell me I have an attitude problem, or that I'm a dick. Meanwhile I feel peachy and am rather confused by these accusations.
    thats cause ID enneas(7,8,3) withdraw from being their true active selves and tend to appear arrogoant doing so when disintegrating, people want you to be your true uninhibited self. So yeah, its just they know theres a problem with you but dont know what else to do than point it out in hopes youd figure solution yourself. You just have to find out how to show them some positivity with your wing 7 side.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.