• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] To those with 7 in their triads

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ok.. So we all know 7 are in flight from internal pains, always.
I have that problem.
As child it started during age 8 in the form of video game addiction which lasted to 16, but it only changes form. Cant get rid of it, im always escaping the pains i hold within. Oh and if you wonder what it became after that time to this day. Well, err.. Psychology addiction. Which is how i spent past few years, and now im rather certain i have 7 in my triad who to blame.

But has anyone found a way to cope with it?

I find myself in a thought whirlwind just from _trying_ to feel feelings from music, creating all kinds of theories what would explain why i feel what i feel. But i suspect its 7w8 i carry, cause when, after huge effort which took two years to figure, that, i stop being so damn serious over these matters, that i allow myself to be silly, only then im able to get into a stream of feelings. It seems to be the key of integration for me.

It was from wondering why i become so silly whenever im emotionally healthy that i figured it would perfectly match sevens wing six side.

Anyone else have findings on this matter?

Next question: what is it we fly from? For me.. Hm.. Deep seated feeling of loneliness, as in lack of intimacy. And some form of resentment at life for being so shijt to me.
And then a ridiculous one: im death afraid of positive feelings. Why? Om, obviously they are the scariest! Wellh, im afraid of getting into stupid repetition loops(only later realizing how much ive wasted time for something useless) by following positive feelings, and im afraid of losing a vantage point from which to observe life safely from.

Ok, now your turn.

Last edited:

roastingmallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sounds about right. I think I'm generally trying to escape from negativity, which is definitely a 7 thing. I try so hard to always be positive, I push unpleasant thoughts to the back of my mind. I fear my life is meaningless so I try and fill the void with stimulation and activity (including learning, theorizing, and discussion as well as more hedonistic behaviors.).