User Tag List

First 123 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Yes, MBTI is very easy to absorb, conceptually. I find it more useful in understanding the way things (people) are, rather than how to improve. Enneagram has the advantage of highlighting our weaknesses (though honest MBTI descriptions will do the same), but is still frustrating because it offers precioius little advice on how one should proceed in addressing them.
    Yes. MBTI is more "here's what's awesome about you!! and oh a couple of negative things but it's ok because you're awesome!!" And Egram is like "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you have some major issues. Good luck with that."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Aww, bologna made a friend.

Heyo there Roast!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Yea there is nothing like dealing with the fact I am responsible for a lot of my own unhappiness.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm a big, angry 9w8 and I'm awesome.

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc

Not sure how it manifests in other types. But I'm a 4w3 and it's just about impossible for me to not think about how I'm coming off to other people, and I beat myself up if I come across the wrong way. For me, the shame manifests in, "If I'm not different, there's nothing worthwhile about me" and "If I don't succeed in a notable way and people don't look up to me, what's the point in trying?" And I have a flashy side for sure, but when I act very goofy and out-there with my friends, I feel ashamed because it feels inauthentic. Gee, I'll tell you, being a 4 sucks sometimes. But I like the artistic stereotypes. I've always wanted to be admired for my creativity.

tl;dr Being a 4 is equally suckish and magnificent.
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Not sure how it manifests in other types. But I'm a 4w3 and it's just about impossible for me to not think about how I'm coming off to other people, and I beat myself up if I come across the wrong way. For me, the shame manifests in, "If I'm not different, there's nothing worthwhile about me" and "If I don't succeed in a notable way and people don't look up to me, what's the point in trying?" And I have a flashy side for sure, but when I act very goofy and out-there with my friends, I feel ashamed because it feels inauthentic. Gee, I'll tell you, being a 4 sucks sometimes. But I like the artistic stereotypes. I've always wanted to be admired for my creativity.

tl;dr Being a 4 is equally suckish and magnificent.
    Well, I'm 5w6, and I really don't care how I come off to other people; at least not for its own sake. I know I don't care, and I know that can cause problems, but I don't care about that, either. Except when I have to care because making someone upset will be counterproductive. It might confuse them, generate needless emotionalism, or worst, cause them to resist cooperating, making it hard to get something done. So I care in this sense, but even then, acting on it I feel fake, like I am betraying something in my core being. (Convoluted, isn't it?)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Yes, MBTI is very easy to absorb, conceptually. I find it more useful in understanding the way things (people) are, rather than how to improve. Enneagram has the advantage of highlighting our weaknesses (though honest MBTI descriptions will do the same), but is still frustrating because it offers precioius little advice on how one should proceed in addressing them.
    I suppose the real purpose of the enneagram is to become aware of your personality so you can stop identifying so much with it. The goal is to lose the ego and achieve unity with yourself and the universe, or something along those lines. That is not an easy task, especially for us type enthusiasts who would rather embrace our flaws to a certain extent because it makes us feel unique or something. XD It's too easy to say "well, I'm a 7 so I guess it makes sense that I'm never going to finish anything I start." instead of using the enneagram for its intended purpose of letting go of your personality since it is essentially blocking you from knowing your true essence. The personality is just a filter; a mask; a sense of security. As for how to actually going about doing that...I suppose you're right. Most of the literature isn't terribly specific about that.

So what is your relationship with fear, as a 5w6? 7 and 6 are obvious examples of head types and fear. 7s try to avoid their anxiety and 6s fixate on it. But what abot 5s? I can't begin to guess.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Aww, bologna made a friend.

Heyo there Roast!
    Well, hello! Any RAGE issues I should know about?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mcgooglian View Post
    I'm a big, angry 9w8 and I'm awesome.
    But fo real! 9s are the most baffling of all. Is the anger really there? Do they just ignore it as much as possible until the breaking point? Are they repressing it? I understand the whole 8 and 1 anger thing, but 9s...I haven't the slightest idea. 9s are the chillest mofos.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

So how am I supposed to read, or use, enneagram to help me grow, etc.?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com