• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it possible to find an ESTP who has 7 no where in his tri-type?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Is it possible to find an ESTP who isn't a core 7, doesn't have a 7 wing, and has 7 nowhere in their tri type? I haven't met one yet.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, since tri-types don't exist.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is it possible to find an ESTP who isn't a core 7, doesn't have a 7 wing, and has 7 nowhere in their tri type? I haven't met one yet.
Of course it's possible! I haven't met one yet, either -- mostly because I know so few confirmed ESTPs -- but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

For example, it wouldn't surprise me if someone thought that all ESTJs had an 8 in their tritype. But here I am! :hi:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] is an ESTP 3w4 with a 6 fix.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] is an ESTP 3w4 with a 6 fix.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say tho. XD

Ask me questions?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Tritypes are a very dubious concept, you can pretty much choose what you want as second and third type.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tritypes are a very dubious concept, you can pretty much choose what you want as second and third type.

Yeah, I think it's just a way of hedging your bets, and picking the other two types in the other fixes that you relate most closely to. Enneagram can be kind of vague already, and I feel like that makes it even vaguer.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you think that you are ESTP and what is your full tri-type?

I am ESTP because I use SeTiFeNi.

I don't subscribe to tritype but Elfboy says I'm 3w4 > 8w7 > 6w7 sx/so.

To my understanding, I see Se as "what is". Literally what is there. Ti explains the parts that make up that "what is", weaving in logical explanations to arrive at that "what is".

I understand that Se has something to do with experiencing sensory stimulus in the present moment, but for me, it's not so much of experiencing it. It's more about making it look good, such that it catches attention.

This is where I think enneagram plays a role.

3w4 has something to do with image management and control, and as such, I use Se to shape that object to something that looks good. I then use Ti to further refine it by cutting away information that doesn't need to be there (doesn't add meaning) or by using precise methods to achieve the best visuals.

My signature banner for example: I used Se in creating that banner. Large typography grabs attention. The color orange grabs even more attention. It makes a bold statement of my blog. Ti's application in that banner is not as obvious as Se, but it's still there. I made sure the measurements of each gap between the different elements were the same and I made sure every element was aligned. This creates visual harmony, making it pleasing to look at and it makes sense when you break it down.

I hope that answers your question, though I will say that your question is a bit vague.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I am ESTP because I use SeTiFeNi.

I don't subscribe to tritype but Elfboy says I'm 3w4 > 8w7 > 6w7 sx/so.

To my understanding, I see Se as "what is". Literally what is there. Ti explains the parts that make up that "what is", weaving in logical explanations to arrive at that "what is".

I understand that Se has something to do with experiencing sensory stimulus in the present moment, but for me, it's not so much of experiencing it. It's more about making it look good, such that it catches attention.

This is where I think enneagram plays a role.

3w4 has something to do with image management and control, and as such, I use Se to shape that object to something that looks good. I then use Ti to further refine it by cutting away information that doesn't need to be there (doesn't add meaning) or by using precise methods to achieve the best visuals.

My signature banner for example: I used Se in creating that banner. Large typography grabs attention. The color orange grabs even more attention. It makes a bold statement of my blog. Ti's application in that banner is not as obvious as Se, but it's still there. I made sure the measurements of each gap between the different elements were the same and I made sure every element was aligned. This creates visual harmony, making it pleasing to look at and it makes sense when you break it down.

I hope that answers your question, though I will say that your question is a bit vague.

You haven't disproved my tri-type theory on ESTP's at all. In fact, you have reinforced it. You have 7 twice in your tri type: both 6w7 and 8w7.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You haven't disproved my tri-type theory on ESTP's at all. In fact, you have reinforced it. You have 7 twice in your tri type: both 6w7 and 8w7.

Lmao, I don't think I'm 6w7/8w7 because I don't buy in the tritype thing at all, maybe you should ask [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] why he thinks I am?

hah, and what do you want me to say? XD

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Totally possible. ENxPs are really more 7'ish than ESxPs anyway....... They could have 6 as their thinking triad type or maybe even 5.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I had a manager once who was an ESTP 6w5. Unless he had 8w7 in his tritype, which I doubt (probably 8w9), he'd count.

He was much more anxious than flighty, but quick to act. Too outspoken and Fe-using to be an ISTP. I say 8w9 over 8w7 because he clearly wanted things to be his way, but it took him a long time to get angry. But when he did, god, he was a bitch.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Lmao, I don't think I'm 6w7/8w7 because I don't buy in the tritype thing at all, maybe you should ask [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] why he thinks I am?

hah, and what do you want me to say? XD

I think it's very difficult to find and ESTP with 7 nowhere in their tritype, but not impossible.
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] what did you say Winston Churchhill's type was, and didn't you say he was an ESTP that had 7 nowhere in his tri type?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's very difficult to find and ESTP with 7 nowhere in their tritype, but not impossible.
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] what did you say Winston Churchhill's type was, and didn't you say he was an ESTP that had 7 nowhere in his tri type?

ESTP 8w9>3w2>6w5