User Tag List

123 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Talking Type the man behind a Cracked article!

Article is here.

6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You a Better Person
    By: David Wong December 17, 2012 896,118 views

2013, motherfuckers. Yeah! LET'S DO THIS.

"Do what?" you ask. I DON'T KNOW. LET'S FIGURE THAT OUT TOGETHER, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Feel free to stop reading this if your career is going great, you're thrilled with your life and you're happy with your relationships. Enjoy the rest of your day, friend, this article is not for you. You're doing a great job, we're all proud of you. So you don't feel like you wasted your click, here's a picture of Lenny Kravitz wearing a gigantic scarf.

157687_v1.jpg [had to include that]

For the rest of you, I want you to try something: Name five impressive things about yourself. Write them down or just shout them out loud to the room. But here's the catch -- you're not allowed to list anything you are (i.e., I'm a nice guy, I'm honest), but instead can only list things that you do (i.e., I just won a national chess tournament, I make the best chili in Massachusetts). If you found that difficult, well, this is for you, and you are going to fucking hate hearing it. My only defense is that this is what I wish somebody had said to me around 1995 or so.

This is a silly sort of thing, but from start to finish, I was thinking to myself that the only thing this writer could be is a 3 or an 8 (but maybe it was just written in a 3 or 8 state of mind).

What do you think? If you had to go on the article itself and nothing else about the writer, what other type would this come from?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

When did 8's become: "Hey! Let's figure that out together!" 8's are more: "My way or the highway."
    Who is the type to rattle off their so-called achievements? "I make the best chili in Massachusetts and I just won a chess tournament."
    (If I met the guy in person, I'd give him my line: "Who gives a shit?" ) People will probably stereotype him a 3.

MBTI
    XXFP

I liked the message overall. Provide something of value for the people around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

Who is the type to rattle off their so-called achievements? "I make the best chili in Massachusetts and I just won a chess tournament."
    (If I met the guy in person, I'd give him my line: "Who gives a shit?" ) People will probably stereotype him a 3.
    Who gives a shit?

People who want to eat the best chili in Massachusetts.

People who derive pleasure from masterful use of strategy.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Who gives a shit?
    That's right. I'd say: Who gives a shit.
    For decades I've listened to people claim to be the best at something, when it's anything but true.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That's right. I'd say: Who gives a shit.
    For decades I've listened to people claim to be the best at something, when it's anything but true.
    Well ok, people lie and exaggerate, but how does asking who gives a shit help?
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Well ok, people lie and exaggerate, but how does asking who gives a shit help?
    It's not my job to help self-promoting hacks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

It reminded me of this video

It reminded me of this video:

But perhaps that is my defensive knee jerk reaction

Glycerine

If we are going by stereotypes, 3w2 for sure. The article is focused on how an individual should project a certain image in order to be a "better person" in a mentor sort of way.... it's like a freaking peptalk where he is trying to lessen the blows of the "harsh realities" of life. A stereotypical 8 would probably be like, "cut the BS and be efficient and competent at what you do... here's what you do... if you don't, you are moronic/stupid."

I found the article last night, it echoed the exact same findings I have made about life (which I accepted with a degree of resignation I might add.) I would agree with a 3 typing as although he seems to be championing these things and not ranting about them but also how its a very clear pep talk with a degree of insight. It's very destroy and build something new from the rubble. Would 8s do that?

garbage

If I had to listen to that Glengary Glen Ross speech, I'd bust ass to find another job. So I'd be busting ass, but not in the way that the so-called motivator intended for me to.

The article is written from a 3 state of mind, for sure. Put succinctly, "human doing" is pretty much their essence--he conflates "having value to others" with "having value in general."

.. also, when I read it yesterday, it resonated very deeply with me.

Based on a few of his other articles, I could be convinced that Wong is a 3. He waves some credentials around in at least a few of his articles.
    Last edited by garbage; 12-18-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: clarity