First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    I definitely spend way too much time in my head. Looking at it that way, it's easy to narrow them down. All of this spawns from the fact that I pick things apart to death lol

I don't know. I think that definitely gets it down to 5 and 6. I'm leaning towards 5 because after reading up on it more they seem to have issues with security that make me lean towards 6, and other than that I'm pretty confident about 5. Based on the descriptions I think I fit 5w4 a bit more based on life choices (creative writing major with a minor in the cognition of aesthetic and figurative thought), so...

I don't know, it's 1:45 in the morning lol

Based on all this, does that seem like all the math adds? It's hard telling the difference between a type 6 or a 5 with a history of anxiety disorders and traumatic experiences leaving a chronic sense of malaise
    True, I wondered about that too - where 6 and anxiety muddle.

Basically I think the difference is, if hanging back and observing all the time, and not feeling competent enough, trips you up, then you're more likely a 5. If it's anticipating worst case scenarios and trying to prepare for them that trips you up, then you're a 6. 5 doesn't feel the drive to engage as much externally. 6 feels like they have to engage externally because they have to prepare. 5 does more watching in the present and theorizing. 6 does more future thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by 9types.com
    What's Hard About Being a Five

being slow to put my knowledge and insights out in the world
    feeling bad when I act defensive or like a know-it-all
    being pressured to be with people when I don't want to be
    watching others with better social skills, but less intelligence or technical skill, do better professionally

What's Hard About Being a Six

the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
    procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
    fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
    exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
    being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    You know, the most accurate way to do this is to look deep into yourself, identify the qualities that give you the least pleasure (or most shame) to claim, and then match it to the enneagram. Forget behaviors. That shit will give you a headache, and it looks like it already has for you.
    The most accurate but also the hardest, imo... I know I wasn't self-aware enough to identify my own protective strategies the first time I tried. If someone is, you're right, that's the best strategy...

It did help me to identify my biggest "problem" in my life.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    The most accurate but also the hardest, imo... I know I wasn't self-aware enough to identify my own protective strategies the first time I tried. If someone is, you're right, that's the best strategy...

It did help me to identify my biggest "problem" in my life.
    Yeah, it's difficult to be that self-aware. Our first instinct is, I think, to psychical self-preservation...so things that give us pain get repressed or channeled into other weird areas (such as self-aggrandizement or delusions about how we are.) It's like what happens when someone you know with a dull wit claims to be great at verbal comedy.

I think a good way to circumvent this is to solicit honest assessment from someone very close to you. Like family members or some other intimate. Someone who has no reason to try and sabotage you by lying, but is close enough not to fear seriously damaging their relationship with you by being honest.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    You know, the most accurate way to do this is to look deep into yourself, identify the qualities that give you the least pleasure (or most shame) to claim, and then match it to the enneagram. Forget behaviors. That shit will give you a headache, and it looks like it already has for you.
    truth here
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%