User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Default Do you move towards your wing in stressful situations?

The reason I'm asking is that after moving to university last week, I started acting totally 9-I felt disconnected from everythnig and my usual tough independent exterior pretty much vanished. Because I didn't have any kind of deep connection to anyone in the vicinity of my university I felt like I would somehow drop off the face of the earth every time I walked anywhere by myself and somehow it didn't seem to matter to me how much connection I had with people miles away; I felt disconnected from everything. I read that the 9's basic fear is to be separated and isolated from everyone and of annihilation and that was exactly how I felt-annihilated. I even cried started crying, which is really weird because since I was about 12 i've only ever cried from anger, not sadness. I seemed to become a different person-e.g. I've always been pretty much in control of myself when it comes to alcohol, which I associate with being an 8 because of the 8's desire for control and coming across as tough but suddenly a drop of malibu would make me drunk. I started wondering if I'd misdiognosed my enneagram type.

However since lessons have started I've gone back to my old self more or less-because I remembered why I actually came here and felt like part of the Classics student body and so connected to something. I'm now behaving like an 8 again.

So i was wondering if the stress of moving to uni-and maybe the awareness that I needed to make connections-caused my wing to take over-maybe trying to protect my dominant preference? Does anyone have any similar experiences?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm a 5w6 and under stress, I do see more of the type 6 coming out. I get more fearful and anxious and imagine lots of worst case scenarios. Sometimes I become hypervigilant.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

I find I move towards my wings in stressful situations, yes; mainly for my gut center.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

it's a combination of 9w1-esque "cocooning", being more tense and rigid and critical...so I guess perhaps.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Cool thanks.
    My best friend who I think is 1w9 knew exactly what I meant when I talked about feeling disconnected too, so I think moving to university really might trigger your wing...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I have acted pretty 4-like at times in the past.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

When I moved away from home for the first time I found myself acting like my disintegrated types. Four disintegrates to 2 under stress, and my 5 wing to 7. I was really surprised by that as I never identified with those two types at all.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

I don't have a wing