User Tag List

First 123 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    That he dislikes sixes? I only recall his name from a few articles I have read.
    To be fair I dont like 6's either.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Does anyone particularly like sixes?
    Yah.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

The comment about Riso and Sixes doesn't ring true for me. I used to know Don quite well and was a member of one of his early training programs. I clearly remember ~ as it was quite a surprise to me at the time ~ how he often described Sixes as being "attractive" and "loveable" people. I am also fairly certain that his partner was a Six.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

My only memory of Don, besides reading his books, was receiving a letter from him.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Enneagrammar View Post
    The comment about Riso and Sixes doesn't ring true for me. I used to know Don quite well and was a member of one of his early training programs. I clearly remember ~ as it was quite a surprise to me at the time ~ how he often described Sixes as being "attractive" and "loveable" people. I am also fairly certain that his partner was a Six.
    That's good to know. I remember when my friend told me this, I had already read through the six description in the book (because I had just tested as one) and was thinking, "that wasn't so bad... but OK." That was a first edition of the book, and the one I have now is much newer and has Russ Hudson's work in it too. I guessed that Russ had brought some balance in, but never had the texts to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    My only memory of Don, besides reading his books, was receiving a letter from him.
    Was it a good one? Perhaps the letter H?

There is definitely dislike directed towards him with regards to the 6 description.

Objectively, a lot of people have found that his description was "wanting" in comparison to those of others. This may be true ... but ultimately it does boil down to personal interpretation and reactions, doesn't it - and ironically kinda dependent on one's type too in some ways.

In any case ... Cristicism aside, by making Enneagrams kinda pop-culturish - by making his website and a lot of his work free, he actually did the overall Enneagram community a huge service.

I wonder how many people would've made their way to Naranjo and Maitri if the EI site didn't have such comprehensive descriptions freely available.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    That's good to know. I remember when my friend told me this, I had already read through the six description in the book (because I had just tested as one) and was thinking, "that wasn't so bad... but OK." That was a first edition of the book, and the one I have now is much newer and has Russ Hudson's work in it too. I guessed that Russ had brought some balance in, but never had the texts to compare.

Was it a good one? Perhaps the letter H?
    There is 1 chance in 26 that you are correct.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    There is 1 chance in 26 that you are correct.
    Not really. I hear that he was biased not only against letters that look somewhat like sixes when written a certain way... but also against letters whose numeric analog contains a six or is a multiple of six. This narrows it down to only a few letters, the most popular of which is easily the letter H, for obvious reasons.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    There is definitely dislike directed towards him with regards to the 6 description.

Objectively, a lot of people have found that his description was "wanting" in comparison to those of others. This may be true ... but ultimately it does boil down to personal interpretation and reactions, doesn't it - and ironically kinda dependent on one's type too in some ways.

In any case ... Cristicism aside, by making Enneagrams kinda pop-culturish - by making his website and a lot of his work free, he actually did the overall Enneagram community a huge service.

I wonder how many people would've made their way to Naranjo and Maitri if the EI site didn't have such comprehensive descriptions freely available.
    Well said.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Too bad he dislikes sixes. As a proponent of the enneagram, shouldn't he know better not to show bias towards certain types?
    Eh, I generally dislike 4s. Remind me to write some crap about them to balance things out.

Seriously though, it's unfortunate to hear that he has passed away. I have learned a lot from his writings. Good for him for leaving such a legacy.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    To be fair I dont like 6's either.
    you're a six who doesn't like sixes? XD

I like good Sixes. I dislike bad Sixes.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]